anorak

The Last Frontier of Terror
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: The X Factor
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:58 pm 

I liked Nicolo the best, so obviously he went out immediately. The four extra contestants made the Saturday night show a bit of a gruelling ordeal, I thought. I might even stop watching it. I hope Paige wins now though, he seems really nice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:06 pm 

it was on in the background at my sister's birthday party, so i wasn't really paying much attention to it, but Nicolo looked a bit lost from what i could see.

bear in mind this is only the secon episode of this season that i've seen (go on, maybe the third... i can't remember) and i'd never heard of him until that moment. in any case, my attention wasn't really diverted enough by him.

that version of Mad World by the angry-looking young man was a bit weird.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:08 pm 

Nicolo's performance wasn't the best, but he seemed like an interesting character and I assumed he'd be saved at the expense of somebody genuinely awful like Storm.

Re: Mad World - yeah, it was. I'd have more time for him if he hadn't done songs by David Gray AND Damien Rice in auditions. Not much point acting a bit weird if you're performing the dullest, blandest songs known to man.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:12 pm 

Was that the shy one who has chosen to be on the national televisions every weekend until Christmas?

Yeah, dead shy...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 pm 

tompony wrote:
Nicolo's performance wasn't the best, but he seemed like an interesting character and I assumed he'd be saved at the expense of somebody genuinely awful like Storm.
suppose those types are never gonna stay on if the judges can help it, are they? not good enough to be a genuine contender to win it, not bad/weird enough to irritate viewers into watching them every week (like Jedward, and i guess Diva Fever and maybe Katie this year)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:32 pm 

For some reason, the way Louis Walsh shouts over the crowd noise fills me full of uncontrollable rage.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:58 pm 

a layer of chips wrote:
For some reason, the way Louis Walsh shouts over the crowd noise fills me full of uncontrollable rage.

Anyway, Wagner got through again which is good. I never actually saw his performance though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:37 am 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:48 am 
it's what we were all thinking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:07 am 

I deliberately avoided X Factor this weekend for the first time in two and a half years. Life suddenly feels so exciting and full of possibility!

So... erm... what happened?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 am 
we watched x factor two weeks on the trot (the saturday episodes only) and last week was relatively fun but this week I just felt all joy or affected joy ebb away, by the end it wasn't only dermot using the 'c' word this weekend, I felt ready to kill

the theme was halloween so simon cowell's twink army did 'total eclipse of the heart' and louis asked simon, quite correctly, what that had to do with halloween and simon in that way of his shrugged it off with a withering 'it's got 'eclipse' in the title, halloween... eclipse' like that made sense but louis seemed to accept that as an explanation

that jelloid did 'stay' by shakespeare's sister which louis didn't question because presumably 'stay' is the command he gives every child that knocks... well, you get the idea

it just made feel sullied watching it, knowing that if I say I feel sullied watching it people will queue up to point out 'it's just a bit of fun' and 'it's really great light entertainment' when to me it's just like saying 'yes, I agree with the spending cuts, there should be more of them' because everything is political and even though what I'm about to say makes no sense that's what I felt I was doing on saturday night: supporting the government, being a good little tory/lib dem voter and watching the fucking x factor

when they fire up the ovens and I'm marched into the gas chamber I just know I'll be listening to a mix made by cunting simon cowell and they'll be some wee fucker in front of me going 'oh, simon cowell, so great, just a bit of fun, brilliant' in that way that apologists for the fucking x factor always do

closet fucking tories the lot of them

mind you, that rebecca fergusson, what a voice!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:16 pm 

ha, good write up! I'd suggest that you provide one every week, but it wouldn't be fair to ask you to endure so much.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:31 pm 
I'm just too sensitive

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:33 pm 

I watch X Factor and I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:35 pm 

I watched the Saturday show last week but I think I prefer the Sunday one, minus the pop stars coming on to plug their latest material. The little 10 second clips of each contestant's performance is about as much as I want to see and enough to make my mind up that they're shite or not.

I wonder how long the Facebookers can keep Vagner in for?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:38 pm 

I don't think X Factor is all that bad, I've certainly enjoyed it enough in the past. But I'll tell you what, NOT watching it is a hell of a lot more fun!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:15 pm 
tompony wrote:
I don't think X Factor is all that bad, I've certainly enjoyed it enough in the past.

yeh, I was being a tit earlier... I kind of wish it didn't exist and instead on a saturday night I was tuning into an audience with vom vorton but... that's a few years off, I'm guessing?

also if I offended anyone, at least I'm not jamiroqui, I'm not that bad, I just had this feeling on saturday night that I was sort of condoning something awful (like the current government) even though I didn't express that sensibly up there in my post, I just sort of blew off with words

tompony wrote:
But I'll tell you what, NOT watching it is a hell of a lot more fun!

I think that's why I got myself in a tizzy because I was watching it and I kind of sensed I could be doing something else but I lacked the creativity or spark to think of something better to do

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:34 pm 

yeah, it kind of ruined my last weekend for that reason, it was such an anticlimax that I got all upset and grumpy about wasting my time watching it instead of doing... well, pretty much anything else

"no more", I thought!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:52 pm 
if it was an hour long I wouldn't feel quite so bad about myself (as I do already)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:39 pm 

I'm genuinely shocked that Anorak has a 24 page X F****r thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next