anorak

The Last Frontier of Terror
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:50 pm 

mkgleeds wrote:
Timetable is now up on the official site

Some lovely duck on the Primavera forums has made an nice, clear timetable here http://www.primaverasound.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=7287, if you've not seen it.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:14 pm 

indiehorse wrote:
mkgleeds wrote:

Some lovely duck on the Primavera forums has made an nice, clear timetable here http://www.primaverasound.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=7287, if you've not seen it.

Ooh thats very helpful. Thanks.
Time for some colouring in !

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:16 pm 

tekno_alice wrote:

I saw Rachel from Comet Gain earlier this week and she said that they're playing wednesday on the beach (yep, I did ask if they were playing 'Fists in the pockets') and somewhere else on the saturday night too, yeah I should find out more details and post them here.

They now seem to be playing Saturday on the beach and Wednesday at Poble Espaynol - which looks dead cool

http://www.primaverasound.com/ps/?page= ... le&lang=en

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:32 pm 

Comet Gain and the Echo and The Bunnymen!! excited! thanks for the clearer program there, I like to have things in an excel spreadsheet format.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:02 am 

mkgleeds wrote:
They now seem to be playing Saturday on the beach and Wednesday at Poble Espaynol - which looks dead cool

Fackin' 'ell, they're playing there? That's madness! I'm well up for this! Also, Wednesday is Payday. Will I be more drunk than Comet Gain?

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:51 pm 

roundbitsofplastic wrote:
mkgleeds wrote:

Fackin' 'ell, they're playing there? That's madness! I'm well up for this! Also, Wednesday is Payday. Will I be more drunk than Comet Gain?

Hmm i dont think that's possible.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:55 pm 

mkgleeds wrote:

I'd rather not be very drunk at all (but I definitely will be).

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:08 pm 

mkgleeds wrote:

I'd rather not be very drunk at all (but I definitely will be).

Well if i see an English person person asleep on the ground at Poble Espaynol (and its not one of Comet Gain) i'll say hello !

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:18 pm 

indiehorse wrote:
mkgleeds wrote:

I just tried to d/l the 2nd one on that page cos the first one only seemed to have one day. It infected my work computer with something horrible antried to convince me to remove a file containing the name c/h/1/l/d p/r/0/n from my pc with a fake antivirus program. It was BAD TIMES.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:19 pm 

mkgleeds wrote:
Well if i see an English person person asleep on the ground at Poble Espaynol (and its not one of Comet Gain) i'll say hello !

Hah! Please do, I will also need direction back to our apartment.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:32 am 

I'm totaly excited for next week!
But i don't know what to do, should i see The Monochrome Set or Tennis? Are both on the same hour (more or less!!)
What's your timetable schedule?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:44 am 

Eldar wrote:
I'm totaly excited for next week!
But i don't know what to do, should i see The Monochrome Set or Tennis? Are both on the same hour (more or less!!)
What's your timetable schedule?

Go and see Tennis on the beach on Sat afternoon and then you can watch Monochrome Set on Friday night.

Bearsuit / PIL is most annoying clash for me and Mercury Rev v CL Final could be an issue

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:55 pm 

How does it work for that gigs? because i have the ticket only for friday!:(
Can i take a cheaper ticket for the gigs at Parc Central del Poblenou?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:30 pm 

Eldar wrote:
How does it work for that gigs? because i have the ticket only for friday!:(
Can i take a cheaper ticket for the gigs at Parc Central del Poblenou?

This link says the Primavera al Parc gigs are free, so you should be able to go without a ticket :)

I am very much looking forward to this. Just hope the volcanic ash stays away so I can fly out tomorrow. I wouldn't mind being stranded in Barcelona quite as much...

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:13 pm 

Thnaks annie!!!!! :)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:17 am 

That was a lot of fun.

Comet Gain were great twice - not sure which was more surreal seeing them in front of thousands of people on the Wed or in a park on the Saturday. Pulp were superb and Belle and Sebastian suffered from being between them and the National (who are basically a noisy Tindersticks).

Also really enjoyed PIL, Yuck, Bearsuit and the Monochrome Set.

The card system going down on Thurs and Fri was a pain but turned into a bonus on the Sat when watching the football as one part of the bar was card only and i virtually had my own personal barman.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:41 pm 

I couldn't find the bloody parc venue on Sat! I bumped in to a couple of Anoraks who also couldn't find it :-/

Was pissed off about the card thing on Thurs and when I eventually got to a bar I ordered (multiple) drinks for all 7 of us. The bar staff couldn't handle the mental arithmetic so I 'did it for them' (I factored in a fee for the work, of course) then they gave me a discount. Woo!

Flaming Lips were fucking MEGA. B&S I thought were a let down, same with Mercury Rev. Only managed to catch 2.5 sounds of Bearsuit (but it was ace), I got 1-all on Comet Gain and the one I saw was mega - HUGE croud, really enjoyed Las Robertas (twice) and was gonna pick up their alubum til I realised that 12"+30 hour coach journey = knackered vinyl. Boooo. Also was gonna pick up some Elefant records things, but the stuff I wanted seemed WELL expensive (8E for a 7"??).

I can't really remember what else I saw at the moment, I'm still a bit jet (coach) lagged.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:50 pm 

I couldn't find the bloody parc venue on Sat! I bumped in to a couple of Anoraks who also couldn't find it :-/

Was pissed off about the card thing on Thurs and when I eventually got to a bar I ordered (multiple) drinks for all 7 of us. The bar staff couldn't handle the mental arithmetic so I 'did it for them' (I factored in a fee for the work, of course) then they gave me a discount. Woo!

Flaming Lips were fucking MEGA. B&S I thought were a let down, same with Mercury Rev. Only managed to catch 2.5 sounds of Bearsuit (but it was ace), I got 1-all on Comet Gain and the one I saw was mega - HUGE croud, really enjoyed Las Robertas (twice) and was gonna pick up their alubum til I realised that 12"+30 hour coach journey = knackered vinyl. Boooo. Also was gonna pick up some Elefant records things, but the stuff I wanted seemed WELL expensive (8E for a 7"??).

I can't really remember what else I saw at the moment, I'm still a bit jet (coach) lagged.

I scouted out the Parc venue the day before - it was next to Av Diagonal about 15 mins walk from the main site - shame you didnt make it as Comet Gain were great again - though they seem to have lost Kay by the Saturday. Show on Wed was really special though.
I saw Las Robertas 3 days in a row - i thought they were following me at one point.

I think the problem with B&S and to some extent PJ Harvey as well was the festival / stage / area was just too big. That's fine when it means that Comet Gain / Bearsuit / Monochrome Set get bigger audiences than normal but doesnt work for the quieter bigger acts. The festival has really grown in recent years and maybe the main stages are just too big now. I've seen B&S play on the stage down the steps and that suited them far more. It's Ok when you are near the front but they are just to far away otherwise.

I tried twice on Friday to get a refund on my card but both times they'd run out of cash - that turned into a bit of luck on the Sat when i found a card bar with no customers and a happy Barca fan serving quite ridiculous amounts of vodka.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:26 pm 

Anyone see Aias? Any good?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:40 pm 

mkgleeds wrote:
I think the problem with B&S and to some extent PJ Harvey as well was the festival / stage / area was just too big. That's fine when it means that Comet Gain / Bearsuit / Monochrome Set get bigger audiences than normal but doesnt work for the quieter bigger acts. The festival has really grown in recent years and maybe the main stages are just too big now. I've seen B&S play on the stage down the steps and that suited them far more. It's Ok when you are near the front but they are just to far away otherwise.

I don't think the stage was too big for B&S, they seemed full of confidence and have the songs to play a main stage at a festival, I think B&S's problem was that their sound man didn't want to turn it up so you could hear it! I thought they performed well and they had a great choice of songs and had a big appreciative crowd there to watch them, it's just it's hard to fully appreciate a band when you have to really strain to hear them.

My highlights were of Montreal, Sufjan Stevens and Tuneyards, all awesome, and Comet Gain supporting Echo and The Bunnymen! Whoo, what a weekend!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next