anorak

The Last Frontier of Terror
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 1880
Location: Nottingham
mkgleeds wrote:
Timetable is now up on the official site


Some lovely duck on the Primavera forums has made an nice, clear timetable here http://www.primaverasound.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=7287, if you've not seen it.

_________________
indiehorse.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 772
Location: North London
indiehorse wrote:
mkgleeds wrote:
Timetable is now up on the official site


Some lovely duck on the Primavera forums has made an nice, clear timetable here http://www.primaverasound.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=7287, if you've not seen it.


Ooh thats very helpful. Thanks.
Time for some colouring in !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 772
Location: North London
tekno_alice wrote:

I saw Rachel from Comet Gain earlier this week and she said that they're playing wednesday on the beach (yep, I did ask if they were playing 'Fists in the pockets') and somewhere else on the saturday night too, yeah I should find out more details and post them here.



They now seem to be playing Saturday on the beach and Wednesday at Poble Espaynol - which looks dead cool

http://www.primaverasound.com/ps/?page= ... le&lang=en


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:41 pm
Posts: 435
Comet Gain and the Echo and The Bunnymen!! excited! thanks for the clearer program there, I like to have things in an excel spreadsheet format.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 5337
Location: Brumagem
mkgleeds wrote:
They now seem to be playing Saturday on the beach and Wednesday at Poble Espaynol - which looks dead cool

http://www.primaverasound.com/ps/?page= ... le&lang=en


Fackin' 'ell, they're playing there? That's madness! I'm well up for this! Also, Wednesday is Payday. Will I be more drunk than Comet Gain?

_________________
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 772
Location: North London
roundbitsofplastic wrote:
mkgleeds wrote:
They now seem to be playing Saturday on the beach and Wednesday at Poble Espaynol - which looks dead cool

http://www.primaverasound.com/ps/?page= ... le&lang=en


Fackin' 'ell, they're playing there? That's madness! I'm well up for this! Also, Wednesday is Payday. Will I be more drunk than Comet Gain?


Hmm i dont think that's possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 5337
Location: Brumagem
mkgleeds wrote:
Hmm i dont think that's possible.


I'd rather not be very drunk at all (but I definitely will be).

_________________
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 772
Location: North London
roundbitsofplastic wrote:
mkgleeds wrote:
Hmm i dont think that's possible.


I'd rather not be very drunk at all (but I definitely will be).


Well if i see an English person person asleep on the ground at Poble Espaynol (and its not one of Comet Gain) i'll say hello !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 5337
Location: Brumagem
indiehorse wrote:
mkgleeds wrote:
Timetable is now up on the official site


Some lovely duck on the Primavera forums has made an nice, clear timetable here http://www.primaverasound.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=7287, if you've not seen it.


I just tried to d/l the 2nd one on that page cos the first one only seemed to have one day. It infected my work computer with something horrible antried to convince me to remove a file containing the name c/h/1/l/d p/r/0/n from my pc with a fake antivirus program. It was BAD TIMES.

_________________
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 5337
Location: Brumagem
mkgleeds wrote:
Well if i see an English person person asleep on the ground at Poble Espaynol (and its not one of Comet Gain) i'll say hello !


Hah! Please do, I will also need direction back to our apartment.

_________________
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 3:50 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Italy
I'm totaly excited for next week!
But i don't know what to do, should i see The Monochrome Set or Tennis? Are both on the same hour (more or less!!)
What's your timetable schedule?

_________________
LastFM - Youtube - Frigopop!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 772
Location: North London
Eldar wrote:
I'm totaly excited for next week!
But i don't know what to do, should i see The Monochrome Set or Tennis? Are both on the same hour (more or less!!)
What's your timetable schedule?


Go and see Tennis on the beach on Sat afternoon and then you can watch Monochrome Set on Friday night.

Bearsuit / PIL is most annoying clash for me and Mercury Rev v CL Final could be an issue


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 3:50 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Italy
How does it work for that gigs? because i have the ticket only for friday!:(
Can i take a cheaper ticket for the gigs at Parc Central del Poblenou?

_________________
LastFM - Youtube - Frigopop!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 283
Location: london
Eldar wrote:
How does it work for that gigs? because i have the ticket only for friday!:(
Can i take a cheaper ticket for the gigs at Parc Central del Poblenou?

This link says the Primavera al Parc gigs are free, so you should be able to go without a ticket :)

I am very much looking forward to this. Just hope the volcanic ash stays away so I can fly out tomorrow. I wouldn't mind being stranded in Barcelona quite as much...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 3:50 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Italy
Thnaks annie!!!!! :)

_________________
LastFM - Youtube - Frigopop!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 772
Location: North London
That was a lot of fun.

Comet Gain were great twice - not sure which was more surreal seeing them in front of thousands of people on the Wed or in a park on the Saturday. Pulp were superb and Belle and Sebastian suffered from being between them and the National (who are basically a noisy Tindersticks).

Also really enjoyed PIL, Yuck, Bearsuit and the Monochrome Set.

The card system going down on Thurs and Fri was a pain but turned into a bonus on the Sat when watching the football as one part of the bar was card only and i virtually had my own personal barman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 5337
Location: Brumagem
I couldn't find the bloody parc venue on Sat! I bumped in to a couple of Anoraks who also couldn't find it :-/

Was pissed off about the card thing on Thurs and when I eventually got to a bar I ordered (multiple) drinks for all 7 of us. The bar staff couldn't handle the mental arithmetic so I 'did it for them' (I factored in a fee for the work, of course) then they gave me a discount. Woo!

Flaming Lips were fucking MEGA. B&S I thought were a let down, same with Mercury Rev. Only managed to catch 2.5 sounds of Bearsuit (but it was ace), I got 1-all on Comet Gain and the one I saw was mega - HUGE croud, really enjoyed Las Robertas (twice) and was gonna pick up their alubum til I realised that 12"+30 hour coach journey = knackered vinyl. Boooo. Also was gonna pick up some Elefant records things, but the stuff I wanted seemed WELL expensive (8E for a 7"??).

I can't really remember what else I saw at the moment, I'm still a bit jet (coach) lagged.

_________________
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 12:19 am
Posts: 772
Location: North London
roundbitsofplastic wrote:
I couldn't find the bloody parc venue on Sat! I bumped in to a couple of Anoraks who also couldn't find it :-/

Was pissed off about the card thing on Thurs and when I eventually got to a bar I ordered (multiple) drinks for all 7 of us. The bar staff couldn't handle the mental arithmetic so I 'did it for them' (I factored in a fee for the work, of course) then they gave me a discount. Woo!

Flaming Lips were fucking MEGA. B&S I thought were a let down, same with Mercury Rev. Only managed to catch 2.5 sounds of Bearsuit (but it was ace), I got 1-all on Comet Gain and the one I saw was mega - HUGE croud, really enjoyed Las Robertas (twice) and was gonna pick up their alubum til I realised that 12"+30 hour coach journey = knackered vinyl. Boooo. Also was gonna pick up some Elefant records things, but the stuff I wanted seemed WELL expensive (8E for a 7"??).

I can't really remember what else I saw at the moment, I'm still a bit jet (coach) lagged.


I scouted out the Parc venue the day before - it was next to Av Diagonal about 15 mins walk from the main site - shame you didnt make it as Comet Gain were great again - though they seem to have lost Kay by the Saturday. Show on Wed was really special though.
I saw Las Robertas 3 days in a row - i thought they were following me at one point.

I think the problem with B&S and to some extent PJ Harvey as well was the festival / stage / area was just too big. That's fine when it means that Comet Gain / Bearsuit / Monochrome Set get bigger audiences than normal but doesnt work for the quieter bigger acts. The festival has really grown in recent years and maybe the main stages are just too big now. I've seen B&S play on the stage down the steps and that suited them far more. It's Ok when you are near the front but they are just to far away otherwise.

I tried twice on Friday to get a refund on my card but both times they'd run out of cash - that turned into a bit of luck on the Sat when i found a card bar with no customers and a happy Barca fan serving quite ridiculous amounts of vodka.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:30 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Peckham
Anyone see Aias? Any good?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:41 pm
Posts: 435
mkgleeds wrote:
I think the problem with B&S and to some extent PJ Harvey as well was the festival / stage / area was just too big. That's fine when it means that Comet Gain / Bearsuit / Monochrome Set get bigger audiences than normal but doesnt work for the quieter bigger acts. The festival has really grown in recent years and maybe the main stages are just too big now. I've seen B&S play on the stage down the steps and that suited them far more. It's Ok when you are near the front but they are just to far away otherwise.


I don't think the stage was too big for B&S, they seemed full of confidence and have the songs to play a main stage at a festival, I think B&S's problem was that their sound man didn't want to turn it up so you could hear it! I thought they performed well and they had a great choice of songs and had a big appreciative crowd there to watch them, it's just it's hard to fully appreciate a band when you have to really strain to hear them.

My highlights were of Montreal, Sufjan Stevens and Tuneyards, all awesome, and Comet Gain supporting Echo and The Bunnymen! Whoo, what a weekend!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits