anorak

The Last Frontier of Terror
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Primavera Sound
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:26 pm 

*cries*

although not as much as last year when Superchunk were on

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:52 pm 

Mr Bear wrote:
davo wrote:
Anorak,

I have a question, i dont quite get when the festival starts, is it just the fri-sat-sun? or are there things before/after. We're looking for book flights sometime soon, do i need to fly out on the wednesday? or is the Thursday OK? Need to know how much leave to book!

Thanks.

First things first, unlike festivals over here the main festival days are Thurs-Sat. On Wednesday and Sunday there are extra days (for people who have a wristband for the main festival days) in a smaller venue somewhere else in the city where there are other bands playing - notably Mercury Rev doing Deserter's Songs on the Sunday.

Ah, thanks Andy, i get that now, i hadnt clicked that the actual festival dates were thu-fri-sat, makes sense now.

Agreed, the line-ups ace isn't it, i'm well excited at the prospect of seeing Half Japanese.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:40 pm 

I think I'm going to Primavera next year. I'm not really that fussed about the line-up to be honest, more interested in going to a festival in Barcelona.

Edit
OHMIGOD! Am I one of those people who talks about goign to Glasto for the atmosphere? I fucking SUCK.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:17 pm 

I have booked my ticket for Primavera. Huzzah!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:38 pm 

Some ATP Stage stuff added today.

Confirmed artists ATP stage: The Album Leaf, Autolux, Broadcast, Caribou, Dean Wareham plays Galaxie 500, Factory Floor, Half Japanese, Islet, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Lichens, Low, Money Mark, Oneohtrix Point Never, Phosphorescent, Pissed Jeans, Salem, Seefeel, Shellac, Tennis, Wolf People, Yuck

Full line up so far:
Aias
Animal Collective
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
Autolux
Belle & Sebastian
Blank Dogs
BMX Bandits
Broadcast
Caribou
Cloud Nothings
Comet Gain
Dan Melchior und Das Menace
Das Racist
Deakin
Dean Wareham plays Galaxie 500
Emeralds
Factory Floor
Fleet Foxes
Games
Gang Gang Dance
Grinderman
Half Japanese
Islet
John Cale & Band + Orchestra perform PARIS 1919
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
Julian Lynch
Las Robertas
Lichens
Low
Male Bonding
Me And The Bees
Mercury Rev perform Deserter's Songs
Mogwai
Money Mark
My Teenage Stride
Nisennenmondai
Oneohtrix Point Never
Papas Fritas
Phosphorescent
Pissed Jeans
Pulp
Salem
Seefeel
Shellac
Sonny & The Sunsets
Suicide
Swans
Tennis
The Album Leaf
The Fiery Furnaces
The Flaming Lips
The Fresh & Onlys
The National
The Vaccines
The Walkmen
Triángulo De Amor Bizarro
Twin Shadow
Wolf People
Yuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:22 pm 

Ticket bought, annual leave booked, deposit paid on apartment. IT'S ON!

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 pm 

Line Up for Primavera Sound 2011... WoooooooooW

Aias, Ainara LeGardon, Animal Collective, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, Arto Lindsay, Autolux, Avi Buffalo, Baths, Battles, Belle & Sebastian, Berlinetta, Big Boi, Blank Dogs, BMX Bandits, Caribou, Carte Blanche, Caspa, Cloud Nothings, Comet Gain, Connan Mockasin, Cults, Cuzo + Damo Suzuki, Dan Melchior und Das Menace, Darkstar, Das Racist, Deakin, Dean Wareham plays Galaxie 500, Del Rey, DJ Shadow, DM Stith, Ducktails, Dúo Cobra, Echo & The Bunnymen performing Heaven Up Here & Crocodiles, Einstürzende Neubauten, El Guincho, El Mató A Un Policía Motorizado, Emeralds, Explosions In the Sky, Factory Floor, Field Music, Fleet Foxes, Games, Gang Gang Dance, Girl Talk, Glasser, Glenn Branca Ensemble, Gold Panda, Gonjasufi, Grinderman, Half Japanese, Holy Ghost!, Incarnations, Interpol, Islet, James Blake, Jamie XX, John Cale & Band + Orchestra perform PARIS 1919, John Talabot, Julia Kent, Julian Lynch, Kode9 And The Space Ape + Kode9 Burial Set, Kokoshca, Kurt Vile & The Violators, La Célula Durmiente, Las Robertas, Les Aus, Lichens, Lindstrom, Low, Lüger, M. Ward, Male Bonding, Matthew Dear Live, Me And The Bees, Mercury Rev perform Deserter's Songs, Mogwai, Money Mark, My Teenage Stride, Nisennenmondai, Nosoträsh "Popemas", Odd Future, Of Montreal, Oneohtrix Point Never, Ornamento Y Delito, Papas Fritas, Pere Ubu plays "The Annotated Modern Dance", Perfume Genius, Phosphorescent, Pissed Jeans, Pulp, Salem, Seefeel, Shellac, Sonny & The Sunsets, Suicide, Swans, Tennis, The Album Leaf, The Annuals, The Black Angels, The Fiery Furnaces, The Flaming Lips, The Fresh & Onlys, The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, The Monochrome Set, The National, The Vaccines, The Walkmen, Triángulo De Amor Bizarro, Twin Shadow, Wolf People y Yuck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:32 am 

Flights finally booked.

Price went up 70 quid in the 10 days my boss prevaricated about letting me have the Wed off. Grrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:48 pm 

Anyone got any tips on how the hell to get to Barcelona?

I don't want to fly if I can avoid it. A couple of years ago I went to Madrid by coach, but Eurolines keeps telling me that there's no option to go to Barcelona (or Madrid) by coach, even though they're options when you select a destination.

I can't find Eurostar tickets for less than 10 billion pounds.

Helps?

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:20 pm 

roundbitsofplastic wrote:
Anyone got any tips on how the hell to get to Barcelona?... I can't find Eurostar tickets for less than 10 billion pounds.

The Spanish airport strikes are apparently on 20, 21, 24, 25 and 30 April; 2, 14, 15, 19 and 20 May; 13, 23 and 30 June; 1, 2, 3, 4, 15 and 31 July; and 1, 15 and 31 August - so shouldn't affect Primavera if you're only going for the long weekend (but maybe people travelling in the weeks either side of that weekend might have got scared into buying train tickets and snapped up all the cheap ones?).

Actually, Ray, I think I got my train tickets around this time one year and ended up paying through the nose. The only thing I can suggest is to try the Rail Europe website first (for your Paris-Barcelona tickets), and then the Eurostar site for your separate London-Paris tickets. Getting a quote for the whole thing from Rail Europe always ended up more expensive, when I tried it.

But you probably know all this already.

Um, how about hitching?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:13 pm 

I signe dup for some carshare sights. Problem is I am way to anal and scared to leave it to chance when I know I gotta be somewhere some time (I mena, if I didn't need to be there to see bands and back for work I would be up for hitching).

ANYWAY. Eurolines tix are on sale, I am BOOKED :-D

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:54 pm 

Still a bit confused over where Comet Gain are playing - Poblenou is not far from the festival site - but not found a Parc on the map yet.
Annoying that Darren Hayman is playing the night before i get there.

-------
The next edition of San Miguel Primavera Sound will start in a few weeks and the list of confirmed artists for the Parc del Fòrum is now complete and the names and details are as follows.

Bradford Cox’s band Deerhunter will be one of the attractions of the festival after their recent successful tour of our country, with the acclaimed "Halcyon Digest". The hypnotic rock of Moon Duo, which is on the lips of everyone because of the release of "Mazes", the tribal psychedelia of Prince Rama and the home grown artists Marina Gallardo, Za! and La Débil completes the list of the performances that will take place on the main stages of the Parc del Fòrum.

There are also already details about the programme of some of the activities that will take place during the week prior and parallel to the main event, like Primavera al Parc which will be on the 27th, 28th and 29th May. Sonny & The Sunsets, Comet Gain, The Fresh & Onlys, Tennis, Cloud Nothings, Autolux, Espaldamaceta & Caballo, Ducktails, Dan Melchior und Das Menace, Las Robertas, Espanto, Inspira and Dotore are some of the bands that will play on the two stages of the Parc Central del Poblenou.

Likewise and as usual, the cycle Primavera als Clubs will flood some of the cities venues with music on the 23rd and 24th May. On Monday 23rd in La [2] de Apolo the label BCore will present Betunizer, Capsula and Bullit and upstairs in the Apolo Acuarela will bring us Darren Hayman & The Secondary Modern, The Bitter Springs and Nacho Umbert & La Compañía. On Tuesday 24th the second room of the Apolo will put on a showcase from Germany of Discorporate/ Hack with the appearance of Dead Western, Capillary Action, Schnaak and special guests. There will soon be news about the rest of the activities in this cycle.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:43 pm 

mkgleeds wrote:
Still a bit confused over where Comet Gain are playing - Poblenou is not far from the festival site - but not found a Parc on the map yet.

I saw Rachel from Comet Gain earlier this week and she said that they're playing wednesday on the beach (yep, I did ask if they were playing 'Fists in the pockets') and somewhere else on the saturday night too, yeah I should find out more details and post them here.

Where and when is Dazzer playing? We're arriving on the monday so hopefully can see him!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:31 pm 

mkgleeds wrote:

Oh poo, I forgot there were things happening earlier in the week. I don't arrive until Thursday morning.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:36 pm 

tekno_alice wrote:
mkgleeds wrote:

I saw Rachel from Comet Gain earlier this week and she said that they're playing wednesday on the beach (yep, I did ask if they were playing 'Fists in the pockets') and somewhere else on the saturday night too, yeah I should find out more details and post them here.

Where and when is Dazzer playing? We're arriving on the monday so hopefully can see him!

Looks like Darren is playing Apolo club on Monday night - which looks quite central between Ramblas and Montjuic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:40 pm 

tekno_alice wrote:
mkgleeds wrote:

Aah found the Parc now with that clue - it is by the beach about halfway between city centre and festival site.

Hopefully the Sat night is part of the festival - otherwise will miss other things

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:32 am 

mkgleeds wrote:
Looks like Darren is playing Apolo club on Monday night - which looks quite central between Ramblas and Montjuic

Yeah, it's just off Parallel IIRC.

Damn all of you that can go to Primavera. Damn your EYES! :-(

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:12 pm 

Hoping this is all day time activities - otherwise i'm going to be running up and down the seafront on Fri and Sat from one site to the other.

"We can now reveal the whole programme of activities that will take place in the Parc Central del Poblenou, new location of Primavera al Parc. This site, designed by the renowned architect Jean Nouvel, will be the venue for the free concerts programmed during the San Miguel Primavera Sound on the 27th, 28th and 29th May. And as well as the previously announced artists Papas Fritas, Seward, GAF, Maryland, The Birkins, Zurych, Igloo and Eladio y Los Seres Queridos will also perform.

The definitive programme per days is as follows:

Friday 27th May
The Fresh & Onlys, Ducktails, Sonny & The Sunsets, Las Robertas, Dotore, Maryland, Eladio y Los Seres Queridos / minimúsica als Coles: Anímic, Internet2, Manos de Topo

Saturday 28th May
Comet Gain, Espaldamaceta & Caballo, Tennis, Dan Melchior und Das Menace, Espanto, GAF, Zurych

Sunday 29th May
Papas Fritas, Autolux, Cloud Nothings, Seward, Inspira, The Birkins, Igloo

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:55 am 

mkgleeds wrote:

S-weeet! I'm arriving just before midday Monday and we're staying in that sort of area. Go team!

EDIT

I have never ever used the word 'sweet' in that context before. I apologise :-/

PS
I;ve posted this elsehere, but does anyone happen to know how accurate the indiepop tavel guide is for Barcelona? I think it's kinda old.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:39 pm 

Timetable is now up on the official site - apparently it was delayed as none of the bands wanted to play at the same time as the Champions League final.

Its a bit clearer who plays where and when.

Basically Wed and Sunday bands play at Poble Espanyol which is on Montjuic near the Olympic site
On Friday and Saturday bands are on the beach near the festival site during the day
Then Tursday, Friday, Saturday bands at main site at night - some looong days

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next