anorak

The Last Frontier of Terror
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:51 pm 

To finish our yearlong celebrations of 10 Years of ATP, we are thrilled to bring back the event that started it all. In 1999 Belle & Sebastian curated The Bowlie Weekender, the event that became All Tomorrow's Parties, and this December they will return to headline and curate Bowlie 2.

The festival weekend will run from the 10th - 12th December at Butlins Holiday Centre, Minehead featuring around 40 bands picked by Belle & Sebastian. The first exciting set of line-up additions will be confirmed on Monday at the general on-sale.

This will be the second of two festival weekends from ATP this December. The curators for the first weekend (3rd - 5th Dec) will be announced on the 9th April. We will also be repeating last year's In Between Days event, which runs at Butlins between the two weekend festivals and features intimate performances from a range of bands. Details of In Between Days will also be announced on the 9th. Please note there will only be one ATP UK festival in Spring 2011.

Tickets for BOWLIE 2 are priced at £165.00pp for room only and £175.00pp for self catering and go on sale this coming Monday 29th March from www.atpfestival.com

Limited pre-sale tickets are available now to ATP priority members and the Belle & Sebastian fanclub/mailing list.

See below for full information on Early Bird and Instalment Tickets...

EARLY BIRD SPECIALS + GENERAL ON SALE

We will also be offering a small amount of early bird tickets at a £20 per person discount (£145pp room only and £155pp self catering). These will be available until the following Monday 5th April (unless they run out first). When these run out, we will release a batch of early bird tickets at a £10 per person discount (early bird £155pp room only, £165pp self catering). These will be available until the following Monday 12th April (unless they run out first). Half the allocation of early bird tickets will be available to the pre-sale.

Please note there is an allocation of Early Bird tickets for both the Pre-sale and the General on-sale, so if you miss the allocation on the pre-sale and were hoping for an early bird ticket you may wish to wait until Monday to try with the General allocation.

INSTALMENT TICKETS

ATP will again be running a deposit scheme for the festivals to make it easier for some people to pay. We are offering a limited number of 4 berth apartments, both room-only and self-catering to be paid for with a deposit upfront, and the remaining amount to be paid by the end of September 2010. Both come with a booking fee of £7.50 per person (£30 per apartment). These apartments will be sold at full price; £165 per person room only or £175 per person self catered.

People who would like to hold a 4 berth room only, must pay a deposit of £65 per person, (£260 for the apartment). The remaining £107.50pp (£430 for the apartment) must be paid by September 30th.

People who would like to hold a 4 berth self catering, must pay a deposit of £75 per person, (£300 for the apartment). The remaining £107.50pp (£430 for the apartment) must be paid by September 30th.

As we will be holding the apartments for you, all deposits will be non-refundable, so please only apply if you are sure you can pay the remaining amount when it is due in September.

If you are able to pay through a normal ticket agency upfront for your whole apartment, then please do so and leave the deposit scheme for those people who find it harder to get the full amount together in one go. Also, remember those using this scheme will not receive the early bird discount tickets!

You will be required to pay both instalments by either cheque or paypal. Please note, that all cheques must be received and cleared within 5 days of you being accepted into the deposit
scheme. If your cheque does not clear, or is not received, your application will go to the bottom of the queue which may mean you do not get to participate in the scheme this year.

Please email deposit(at)atpfestival.com with BOWLIE 2 in the email subject line if you would like to take part in the deposit scheme. Please include: your name, address, which type of room you want (room only or self catering) and which payment method you would like to use (paypal or cheque). You will then be notified if your application was successful and details of how to pay by your chosen method, or if you are in a waiting line. Applicants in the waiting line may be accepted if earlier applicants fail to make the first deposit in time. Deposit applications will be granted on a first come first serve basis.

ABOUT THE VENUE

Butlins, Minehead looks out across a superb sandy beach. The site is equipped with a supermarket, newsagent, cash points and restaurants. Onsite facilities include a cinema, Splash Water World - a sub-tropical environment that has a huge wave pool, a swimming pool, 3 flumes and also a flume based raft ride - Ten-pin bowling and amusement arcade. Sports include Archery, Football, Basketball, Darts, Petanque, Fencing, Kwik Cricket, Netball, Rounders, Table Tennis, Outdoor Bowls and Crazy Golf.

Under 18s, children and babies are welcome at ATP, please see the FAQ section of our website for more details.

Room Only accommodation is available in 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 berths and offers either double, single or bunk beds with private bathroom and TV, but no kitchen facilities or lounge, more like a hotel room. (£165 + booking fee per ticket)

Self Catering accommodation is available in 4, 6 and 7 berths and offers private bathroom, full kitchen facilities and separate lounge area with TV. (£175 + booking fee per ticket)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:07 pm 

This is the ATP I've been waiting for!

I'll be buying my tickets as soon as I've established all my friends haven't each gone out and got a 6 person chalet already..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:38 pm 

I would really love to go to this, but, £175???? I don't think that there's any way I could afford that...

Website (under construction) http://tinyurl.com/janglymark
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/Jangly.Mark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:35 pm 

Ca coute cher.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:07 pm 

For the past couple of years I haven't been very fussed about B&S at all, despite being totally obsessed previously.

This however has completely whetted my appetite, and I will be there for sure!

This is costing £160 odd quid, whereas I'm paying over £220 for Indietracks with accommodation at the Premier Inn, so I don't think it's that expensive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:26 pm 

Jangloid Mark wrote:
I would really love to go to this, but, £175???? I don't think that there's any way I could afford that...

I think they should have set the ticket price at £80, like Bowlie 1. It would have been a nice gesture given the tough economic times, and a bit like an Asda roll-back deal. Oh well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:02 am 

Concrete wrote:
I think they should have set the ticket price at £80, like Bowlie 1. It would have been a nice gesture given the tough economic times, and a bit like an Asda roll-back deal. Oh well.

^^ what Concrete said ^^

Website (under construction) http://tinyurl.com/janglymark
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/Jangly.Mark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:19 am 

sideburnsjim wrote:

This is costing £160 odd quid, whereas I'm paying over £220 for Indietracks with accommodation at the Premier Inn, so I don't think it's that expensive.

^^ what sideburnsjim said ^^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:06 am 

I suppose in a year where wages have stayed still at best (for those lucky enough to keep jobs) and inflation is low there's an argument that the price should be the same as last year - as it is £10 isn't a huge increase. The £20 discount for early tickets and deposit plan offset this too.

Personally I never go on holiday so a festival is my equivalent and I try not to focus on the cost but on enjoying it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:34 am 

its a £5 increase from last year and about £4 of that is swallowed up by the vat increase. £80 would be lovely but we'd have to be sponsored by disney or only book about 5 bands...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:51 am 

I can't believe you didn't look into the Disney route!

The Jonas Brothers headlining Sunday night would have gone down a storm.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:03 am 

jamie_atp wrote:
its a £5 increase from last year and about £4 of that is swallowed up by the vat increase. £80 would be lovely but we'd have to be sponsored by disney or only book about 5 bands...

Out of interest, why is that, exactly? There were loads of big names at Bowlie, but as far as I remember it wasn't a Disney event. Do bands expect higher fees nowadays, or is it that the venues charge more, or are the security costs higher? I don't want you to think I'm having a go at the organisers here, because I'm well aware the same thing's happened at all the outdoor festivals as well, but I'd be interested to know why there's been such an inflation in ticket prices.

Hugh - I'll be in touch about potential chalets and Swindon lifts when I can, but things are a bit tight with needing to book a honeymoon and stuff so I might not be able to commit for a while. I'd probably want to see what Monday's announcements are first, too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:57 pm 

Venue hire fees are up, travel prices are up, band fees are up, and there's the usual inflation. Oh and at minehead we usually have about 10 more bands than we used to have at camber for each event. Minehead is also a bigger venue so yes there is some increase in security and some other areas.

You'll see a similar increase for the ten years across most festivals, I think glastonbury and reading tickets were around £80-£90 in '99 and now they're at around £180 - and they have massive sponsors and no early bird discounts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:54 am 

What's that Spoon song, about "love the music, can't stand the fans"?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:07 pm 

i am totally going to this. yeah!

http://halfmyheartbeats.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/primitive_paint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:00 pm 

I haven't been to one of these since... well, Bowlie! So i don't know - is it possible to get day tickets? I'm going to a wedding on the Saturday (it's the ONLY date I have booked for the last three months of the year!) but I'd very much like to recreate my SEMINAL "Drunk Man Shouting About Bands From London" (Loaded Magazine,hem hem) gig on the Merchandising Stand on the Sunday afternoon!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:13 pm 

What's the deal with this anyway? If you just buy a ticket on your own do you get thrown into a chalet with a bunch of randoms?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:36 pm 

there's space in the chalet i booked, chris, if you fancy coming with us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:40 pm 

lynsosaurus wrote:
there's space in the chalet i booked, chris, if you fancy coming with us.

Really? That would be great. Let me know what I need to do to sign up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:07 pm 

aye, i booked a seven berth chalet and it's not full yet, so shall i take you as a definite yes? then you just need to send me your COLD HARD CASH.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next