anorak

The Last Frontier of Terror
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:06 am 

Hopefully, it will be ok. I actually don't think the weather is that bad - infact, it's a lot warmer than last year. I think they make it sound worse than it is because they dont have the resources to remove the snow - regardless of how little falls. I know more snow is on the way, on Friday night I think?

www.myspace.com/bubblegumrecordsscotland

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:09 pm 

there's quite a lot of snow around at the moment but it doesn't seem particularly icy. i've been driving over the past few days and all the main roads have been fine so i imagine intercity coaches shouldn't be affected too much. in fact, you're probably better off with your route than flying, as long as the eurostar leaves! edinburgh airport has been closed a lot and glasgow has been doing okay so far but given the amount of snow falling here right now i'd be surprised if it didn't close for at least a while.

http://halfmyheartbeats.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/primitive_paint

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:28 pm 

National Express wrote:
Update as at 08:00 on Tuesday 30 November 2010...
Due to the adverse weather conditions we are unable to operate services north of Glasgow and Edinburgh today. The following stops will not be served until further notice:
Aberdeen
Aviemore
Dundee
Inverness
Perth
Pitlochry
Stirling

All I want is reach England. Once I'm there, I'll find a way to come to Glasgow.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:42 pm 

Cabanaucanada wrote:
National Express wrote:
Update as at 08:00 on Tuesday 30 November 2010...
Due to the adverse weather conditions we are unable to operate services north of Glasgow and Edinburgh today. The following stops will not be served until further notice:
Aberdeen
Aviemore
Dundee
Inverness
Perth
Pitlochry
Stirling

All I want is reach England. Once I'm there, I'll find a way to come to Glasgow.

Al of the above places have had a lot more snow than Glasgow. The National Express information means that they can still get to Glasgow and Edinburgh for now. That's good news!! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:02 pm 

For now! I know I'm pessimistic but if I miss the popfest, I'll have to kill someone. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:04 pm 

Good luck, Glasgows and travelling popkids. I really hope you don't get snowed in. Or out. You know what I mean.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:48 pm 

Cabanaucanada wrote:
For now! I know I'm pessimistic but if I miss the popfest, I'll have to kill someone. :)

Aw, don't worry too much! If you look at BBC weather, it shows that it's only supposed to snow in Glasgow through Wednesday - Thursday and almost all day Friday look to be clear. So hopefully major roads will be plowed and salted/gritted and you will be fine. I don't know what route your bus will take from London, do you?

I was worrying a bit too but looking at the weather report for Glasgow and London helped calm me. Clarity will come with the last two working days of the week, it looks like. I'm flying to Glasgow, so have a different route than you, but we'll both get there, I promise!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:53 pm 

I think we'll have to share a massive drink when we'll all arrive. I'm really scared about my flight, according to Easyjet there are problems in several British airports.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:09 pm 

joanny wrote:
I think we'll have to share a massive drink when we'll all arrive. I'm really scared about my flight, according to Easyjet there are problems in several British airports.

But it's only Tuesday! This will not last forever. The snow will stop within the week and the runways will be cleared and de-iced. What airports are you using on Friday? I'm flying Heathrow to Glasgow International early Friday morning.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:41 pm 

Update:

Eurostar wrote:
Due to current weather conditions and as a precautionary measure, speed restrictions are in place on the high speed lines in both the UK and Northern France.

As a result Eurostar service are subject to delays of up to 90 minutes. In light of the knock on impact, regrettably it is necessary to cancel three services this afternoon to ensure we can operate all remaining scheduled services

If you are affected by these cancellations and who wish to complete your journey today, plans are in place to accommodate you on the next available service. Alternatively you may either exchange your ticket or receive a refund through your original point of sale.

It's going to snow in Paris and Lille on friday.
I won't be able to catch the bus in time. I've called National Express and I've been told all bus going to Scotland are delayed. I'd arrive late on friday night (there's no way I miss The Felt Tips and The Understudies).
I'm going to book a train ticket while there are still Internet fares. Hoping my Eurostar isn't 3 hours late, I'll take the 11am train. I'm hesitating with the 1pm train.

Sorry to bother you with that but I have to tell someone!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:14 pm 

Cabanaucanada wrote:
Update:

Eurostar wrote:
Due to current weather conditions and as a precautionary measure, speed restrictions are in place on the high speed lines in both the UK and Northern France.

As a result Eurostar service are subject to delays of up to 90 minutes. In light of the knock on impact, regrettably it is necessary to cancel three services this afternoon to ensure we can operate all remaining scheduled services

If you are affected by these cancellations and who wish to complete your journey today, plans are in place to accommodate you on the next available service. Alternatively you may either exchange your ticket or receive a refund through your original point of sale.

It's going to snow in Paris and Lille on friday.
I won't be able to catch the bus in time. I've called National Express and I've been told all bus going to Scotland are delayed. I'd arrive late on friday night (there's no way I miss The Felt Tips and The Understudies).
I'm going to book a train ticket while there are still Internet fares. Hoping my Eurostar isn't 3 hours late, I'll take the 11am train. I'm hesitating with the 1pm train.

Sorry to bother you with that but I have to tell someone!

Do what you gotta do, girl! Book the train ticket from London to Glasgow now then. And don't worry about bothering us with travel woes - I know how worrisome it can be. I'm the crazed person who made it from London to Copenhagen during the Great Volcanic Ash Chaos of 2010. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:13 pm 

I've heard about your story, Jen. :D

Train ticket is booked. I hope it won't be cancelled. I should be in Glasgow earlier than anticipated. Let's cross fingers!

Last edited by Cabanaucanada on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:16 pm 

It's going to be -8 on Saturday and Sunday nights but tomorrow is meant to be the last of the snow, so hopefully everything will be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:47 am 

At last...we have stopped meddling with the line up and it is now complete. You will find: a synopsis of each band, 3 day line up timetable, DJ info, map link and goodies info @ http://www.bubblegumrecords.org.uk/glasgowpopfest The info can be viewed or downloaded. The link is located at the bottom of the page.

Tickets will remain on sale, online until 5.00pm on Friday 3rd. Any remaining tickets will be available on the door at the venues on the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

I know the weather is cause for concern but if it wasn't snow, it would be a lone leaf on the train line. Drinks all round methinks?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:23 pm 

Anyone meeting up beforehand? I'm still a bit worried about the snow. Really bad along the East Coast and the railways have introduced an emergency timetable. I'm hoping to get there early afternoon and then settle into my hotel room.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:12 pm 

wyvern wrote:
Anyone meeting up beforehand? I'm still a bit worried about the snow. Really bad along the East Coast and the railways have introduced an emergency timetable. I'm hoping to get there early afternoon and then settle into my hotel room.

According to today's timetable my train would only go to Edinburgh...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:46 pm 

You can download detailed Glasgow Popfest information from this link:
http://www.bubblegumrecords.org.uk/Final%20Update%2030th%20Nov%202010.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:31 pm 

Eurostar cancelled but I'm going to do my best to take another one and arrive in time. See you soon Glasgow!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:47 am 

I've never used Eurostar BUT I have taken quite a dislike to them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:28 am 

Just woke up, I feel a bit tired. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next