anorak

The Last Frontier of Terror
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:34 am 

If anyone is thinking of going over from Edinburgh, using public transport - over the last few days, the citylink 900 bus has been taking about 2-2.5 hours to go between the 2 cities.

The rail services have been reduced - but might be the best bet, given that it is just a 48 minute journey.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:49 pm 

hope everyone makes it to glasgow okay! look forward to seeing you all tonight.

http://halfmyheartbeats.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/primitive_paint

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:46 pm 

I'm embarrassed by the UKs lack of wit and transport infrastructure. Asleep left Oslo in minus 22!!!!!! They have been in Heathrow for what seems like forever with no-one providing information. They are now ploughing their way to Glasgow via an alternate route. This is shameful. It's almost as if we have never, ever experienced snow. UK stop catastrophising! It's snow - I believe it melts, can be ploughed, oh and it can be made navigable with a liberal peppering of salt and grit!

www.myspace.com/bubblegumrecordsscotland

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:29 am 

Awe, last night was a lot of fun. Gary is a party genius with his mulled wine and mince pies!

Really like the venue too - a spacious warehouse place. Thank goodness for that massive heater, a major attraction there.

Looking forward to playing and DJing tonight! Hope more folks from outside Glasgow can make it over.

COOL IN A CRISIS

PANTHER SOCIETY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:31 am 

A massive thank you to all the bands and fans that have made it along so far. It has been an utter delight - I'm biased but I just don't care! I'll post a proper thank you when I wake up on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:06 pm 

I'm at Mono. My bus is probably canceled. If anyone can help in case I need to spend the night here, that would be sweet!

text: +33682157777

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:01 pm 

Thanks are due: To all of the bands and fans that managed to make the shows. The weather turned the shows into an endurance test. To those bands that didn’t make it – we all know how much you tried.

To the Bubblegum posse: Gordon, Carlo, Robert, Carter, Angela, Nicky, Jen and Caron who DJ’d, made the food, provided transport, worked on the door, took videos/photos and carried the gear to and from the venues.

The DJs: Lynsey, Colin, Jennifer, Rowan, David, Keith, Scott, Anastasia.

The Understudies: in the true spirit of indie pop – standing in for a cancellation and playing a second live set on Saturday. The Starlets for standing in on Saturday night and providing a jaw dropping set.
Asleep: Who travelled for so long – arrived at 9.30pm went on stage at 11.15 and then had to rest before travelling straight back to Norway. Johnny and Angela for the loan of guitars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:42 pm 

I've made it back to icy England. Whoo. Thanks for a brilliant weekend everyone.
Did I leave/loose a Social Services CD behind (was in a Popfest plastic bag with a couple of other handmade cd's in there too)?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:48 pm 

That was good fun. Massive thanks to Gary and the bubblegum crew!

Some of my favourites in no particular order.... the starlets, the felt tips, the just joans, the social service, betty and the werewolves and peter parker.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:44 am 

That was fun. Thank you for organising it. Betty and the Werewolves were amazing! (as were lots of others, they were just my favourite). A bit gutted that I missed the Lovely Eggs because I was eating a lentil burger, but this is what comes of not reading the schedule properly. I have come home with a few new CDs. No idea what listening to the Nanobots will be like without the space suit and flashing glasses.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:19 am 

aw, thanks to everyone (but especially gary) for organising an ace weekend. i had a brilliant time. highlights for me were definitely the starlets and betty and the werewolves - one unexpected surprise and one long-anticipated. i am still half dead, i think, and i wasn't even half as hardcore as some of you.

did everyone make it home finally?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:29 pm 

wyvern wrote:
I've made it back to icy England. Whoo. Thanks for a brilliant weekend everyone.
Did I leave/loose a Social Services CD behind (was in a Popfest plastic bag with a couple of other handmade cd's in there too)?

Where the other cds in the bag with The Social Services cd plain cds? Cd-rs?

Last edited by Bubblegum Records on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:36 pm 

I have posted all of the photos that I took on my new camera - I have yet to read the instruction manual for the camera - so the quality is a bit hit and miss.
We have videos of every band - 2 songs at least of each, and we have also filmed some bands too (this requires a lot of editing). We will post the video and film when we can - it may be after Christmas. In the menatime the photos can be viewed at the links below:

DAY 1

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=134431143281841&id=593437995&notif_t=share_reply#!/album.php?aid=311364&id=125517300394

DAY 2

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=134431143281841&id=593437995&notif_t=share_reply#!/album.php?aid=311690&id=125517300394&fbid=10150101989230395

DAY 3

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=134431143281841&id=593437995&notif_t=share_reply#!/album.php?aid=312176&id=125517300394&fbid=10150102834710395

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:50 pm 

As you know, The Electric Pop Group could not make it to Glasgow, due to the weather conditions. However, they held their own Popfest in Erik's flat. You can watch the set here:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:05 pm 

More thanks from south of the border for a great weekend. The 24 hour visit to the airport wasn't so great but I'm blotting that out with memories of the great sets from (amongst others) the Felt Tips, the Starlets and the Just Joans.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:41 am 

lynsosaurus wrote:
did everyone make it home finally?

I just made it, took me 3 days and a half with 2 cancelled flights. It was much easier to come than to leave! The whole weekend was amazing, I'll write more after I'll get some sleep ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:10 pm 

I believe that everyone has now made it home? This weekend, if you can, sit at a warm fire with some mulled wine and a mince pie. For those of you going to Bowlie 2, take your duvet for the journey.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:21 pm 

Bubblegum Records wrote:
I believe that everyone has now made it home? This weekend, if you can, sit at a warm fire with some mulled wine and a mince pie. For those of you going to Bowlie 2, take your duvet for the journey.

i got laughed at for saying i was taking my pillow on the coach, but i'll have the last laugh!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:03 pm 

lynsosaurus wrote:
Bubblegum Records wrote:

i got laughed at for saying i was taking my pillow on the coach, but i'll have the last laugh!

I'm totally taking a pillow for the bus. And maybe my sleeping bag.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:05 pm 

lynsosaurus wrote:
Bubblegum Records wrote:

The last laugh and the warmest, neck/head.....wherever? I think a sleeping bag is the order of the day for this journey.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next