Fruits you have never eaten.

recipes, soup, curry, baking, sandwiches, crisps, beer, pubs, alcohol
RITH
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/RITH

Re: Fruits you have never eaten.

Post by RITH » Sun Oct 07, 2012 09:07

squirrelboutique wrote:why didn't anyone ever tell me that the best way to eat a kiwi fruit was with a spoon?
diamond gala wrote:i had the very same problem with avocados
I remember trying to peel both kiwi's and avocado's. It seems so obvious once you know it, right? It opens up new options too, like eating kiwi at work (which I now do almost every day).

this clump of trees

Post by this clump of trees » Sun Oct 07, 2012 21:45

i've eaten a lot of exotic fruits in my life but i have turned down kiwi at every opportunity for some reason.

i ate some overripe papaya once when i was a kid and i couldn't keep it down. one day i will revisit papayas.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Mon Oct 08, 2012 02:53

I overzealously bought six kiwi yesterday. They were stupidly cheap and have a photo of someone eating them with a spoon on the box. They're a cause of mild stress now. I figure I need to eat at least one a day to finish them before they go bad. I had none today, and I have already scheduled a pear and some dates into tomorrow's fruit eating. A kiwi, even with a spoon, is just too inconvenient for me on Mondays (and Wednesdays, for that matter). I may have to have double kiwi on Tuesday.

It's good to see that my Sunday night is just as exciting as Saturday was.