questions about feet

we don't know but perhaps a fellow anorak will - ask them here
Sylvie
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: questions about feet

Post by Sylvie » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:57 pm

I've finally had my corns removed! Hurray! Thanks for helping out, Knibbles *skips about without pain*

It turns out I have tight calf and thigh muscles, which causes me to walk with more pressure on the front of my foot (where the corns were). The podiatrist gave me a leaflet with some stretching exercises to do. I'm glad it's all sorted now anyway and just have to try to prevent them developing again.
Just be nice to me.

Sylvie

Post by Sylvie » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Can't believe I'm saying this after the last post in this thread, but............ I've got bloody corns again. I think it was overexercising combined with me always putting pressure on the front of my feet.

Is there anyway I can remove them at home myself? I'm not particularly squeamish and have noticed you can buy scalpels in chemists. Is it stupid of me to consider this?
Just be nice to me.

knibbles

Post by knibbles » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Sylvie wrote:Can't believe I'm saying this after the last post in this thread, but............ I've got bloody corns again. I think it was overexercising combined with me always putting pressure on the front of my feet.

Is there anyway I can remove them at home myself? I'm not particularly squeamish and have noticed you can buy scalpels in chemists. Is it stupid of me to consider this?
It's not stupid, lots of people treat corns themselves, but it's tricky and obviously using a scalpel can be dangerous. Be careful! If you do self treat with a scalpel, try and get in to a routine of daily creaming and filing to try and prevent them getting to that stage again and having to do more sharp debridement. If you have got Raynauds then you won't heal so well if you cut yourself and will be more prone to infections, especially if your nutrition level isn't great at the moment.

If you've got corns again, have a think about what shoes you've been wearing since they developed, especially if you've had some new ones, or if there's some that you're particularly uncomfortable in, and if you do think it might be a certain pair causing it, then get rid of them.

Hope you get them sorted soon!
Daddy is dead on a sunshine day

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:37 pm

My ankle still hurts like a mother. Does gout do that? Like make yr ankle all hurty but not swell-up and stuff and make you feel like you have something wedged in between yr tendons* or something. This is not the gout that I signed up for.

Or whatever the crap it is they put in feet/ankles nowdays.
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip