Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

29-31 July 2016: "a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance"
User avatar
wyvern
Posts: 835
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:48 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: Friday Afternoons

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by wyvern » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:32 pm

I came in at the end of the uke lesson in the tent and missed out. There were no full sheets left and I still can't play.
It was one of a number of times at the weekend I nearly cried (The other times caused by The Popguns, The Flatmates, The Just Joans and 'Allo Darlin). The Spook School didn't make me cry, but I love them anyway.
Sing as if you live in the early days of a better nation

User avatar
Rocker
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:47 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Rockerq
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by Rocker » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:06 pm

wyvern wrote:It was one of a number of times at the weekend I nearly cried (The other times caused by The Popguns, The Flatmates, The Just Joans and 'Allo Darlin).
OK we'll try to play better next time...
Cheers!

Rocker

Listen to my show at http://www.dandelionradio.com - the internet radio station inspired by John Peel.

Barto
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:38 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Bartolone
Location: Milano, Italy
Contact:

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by Barto » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:26 pm

RITH wrote:Let's do a list of Indietracks covers again. I remember:
The Royal Landscaping Society did an Alpaca Sports cover, but I don't know which one.
I don't know if it's properly a cover, for the singing voice was the one of Alpaca. Anyway, the song is "She'll come back for indian summer". TRLS did a cover of Filed Mice I think, but I don't remember the song.

joanny
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:11 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/discobloguons
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by joanny » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:15 pm

there were 3 perfect moments that brought some tears in my eyes and made me feel like nothing could be better, ever :

The Chills playing Heavenly Pop Hit
Withered Hand playing No Cigarettes
Thee Ahs playing Corey's Coathangers

User avatar
graysonscolumn
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:31 pm
Location: Sheffield, where I'm happy and it's nice.
Contact:

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by graysonscolumn » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:38 pm

RITH wrote:Let's do a list of Indietracks covers again. I remember:

Bordeauxxx - Pure Shores (All Saints)
The Just Joans - Will he kiss me tonight (Dolly mixture)
The Just Joans - Do you remember the first time? (Pulp)
Allo Darlin' - If you don't pull (The Just Joans)
Mega Emotions - La isla bonita (Madonna)
Joanna Gruesome - Tugboat (Galaxie 500)
Cosines - Young Turks (Rod Stewart)
The Swapsies - (You're so square) Baby I don't care (Elvis Presley)

The Royal Landscaping Society did an Alpaca Sports cover, but I don't know which one.

If I remember rightly, Watoo Watoo covered Le premier jour du reste de ta vie / Ready or not, a Sarah Cracknell composition translated into French by Etienne Daho. I hesitate slightly only as I know they've covered other songs from the same source previously, but I think this is the right one.

gc
Fifty Shades Of Grayson: http://thatmusiclist.blogspot.com

User avatar
linus
Posts: 2489
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by linus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:03 pm

The Wendy Darlings did two covers:

'Fish' by Daniel Johnston



'California Sun' by The Ramones/The Rivieras




and threw in a chorus from The Headcoatees 'Come Into My Mouth' into one of their own songs


User avatar
linus
Posts: 2489
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by linus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:05 pm

And they closed their set on the Thursday in Nottingham with a cover of this:



For anyone that wasn't there, just imagine The Wendy Darlings performing this... yeh, you missed out... losers!

User avatar
tonieee
Posts: 4471
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee
Location: Sheffield Sex City
Contact:

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by tonieee » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:12 pm

The Popguns did a cover of Can't Ignore The Train by 10,000 Maniacs and I think I heard someone doing a cover of Missing The Moon by The Field Mice. Though I might have dreamed that. And Allo Darlin did You Can Call Me Al.

User avatar
crystalball
Posts: 5197
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:04 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/felters
Location: That London
Contact:

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by crystalball » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:28 pm

The Sweet Nothings covered 'Blitzkrieg Bop' in the tent.

Joanny, so sorry to hear about your accident! Bloody hell. How did you manage to get home?

joanny
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:11 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/discobloguons
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by joanny » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:09 am

crystalball wrote:Joanny, so sorry to hear about your accident! Bloody hell. How did you manage to get home?
I couldn't change my plans so I spent two (mostly quiet) days in London as scheduled before getting my Eurostar back yesterday. And I made sure to avoid careless dancing this time :p

User avatar
timahall
Posts: 1154
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:43 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/timahall
Location: Belfast
Contact:

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by timahall » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:26 am

tonieee wrote:The Popguns did a cover of Can't Ignore The Train by 10,000 Maniacs and I think I heard someone doing a cover of Missing The Moon by The Field Mice. Though I might have dreamed that. And Allo Darlin did You Can Call Me Al.
'Twas The Royal Landscaping Society that covered Missing The Moon.

SisterRay
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by SisterRay » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:33 am

Second Indietracks for me, and it was ace, again.

I loved Allo Darlin, Withered Hand, The Spook School, The Just Joans and Dorotea. Other things I liked a lot were Teen Canteen, The Popguns, Thee AHs (did they play I'm Not Angry Anymore? Had to rush off to see ONSIND, who I also liked), Skeletal Shakes, Dean Wareham, Joanna Gruesome, The Thyme Machine (especially the intro to Jimmy Glass), Axolotes Mexicanos, Night Flowers, The Hobbes Fanclub & The Swapsies. So much greatness. I also wish I'd heard more of The Wellgreen and The Manhattan Love Suicides. I did catch (Never Stop) Hating You through the church window. Couldn't really see alot because of all the sunshine reflecting of the glass, which made it kind of more awesome. At least that what I'll keep telling myself.

I also managed to sample almost all the ales, missing maybe three. There should be a checklist.

Flying in, then taking the train, and then the bus to the site took something like thirteen hours of travelling, and left me too tired to disco. Maybe one year, but, for now the music and the atmosphere is plenty.

Also, did anyone happen to catch the new Just Joans song on video? The one that went something like 'I only smoke when I drink, I only drink the weekends'? It was great.

- SisterRay

Barto
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:38 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Bartolone
Location: Milano, Italy
Contact:

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by Barto » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:02 am

SisterRay wrote:
Flying in, then taking the train, and then the bus to the site took something like thirteen hours of travelling, and left me too tired to disco
Where are you from? From my hometown, Milano, Italy, the time between my waking up and my arrival on site was exactly 12 hours on Saturday, in fact I completely skipped the discos, but I partied in full on Sunday.

User avatar
MJHibbett
Posts: 961
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by MJHibbett » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:56 am

SisterRay wrote: I also managed to sample almost all the ales, missing maybe three. There should be a checklist.
THIS times a MILLION! With tasting notes please!

SisterRay
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by SisterRay » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:26 am

Barto wrote: Where are you from? From my hometown, Milano, Italy, the time between my waking up and my arrival on site was exactly 12 hours on Saturday, in fact I completely skipped the discos, but I partied in full on Sunday.
Finland. But, it takes a while to get to Helsinki, and the time includes all the boring waiting at airports and stuff.

Murray

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by Murray » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:32 am

MJHibbett wrote:
SisterRay wrote: I also managed to sample almost all the ales, missing maybe three. There should be a checklist.
With tasting notes please!
Lukewarm with a bitter aftertaste.


I'm jeeeeeeyoking. Ish.

User avatar
darvé
Posts: 2037
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:56 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/darve
Location: London

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by darvé » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:50 am

Murray wrote:
MJHibbett wrote: With tasting notes please!
Lukewarm with a bitter aftertaste.


I'm jeeeeeeyoking. Ish.
Thick, orange, tastes vaguely like apples, makes you slightly loopy.
and that snare drum, that drum roll
means we've got a winner

lloydybwoy
Posts: 311
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:05 pm
Location: That Leeds
Contact:

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by lloydybwoy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:12 pm

timahall wrote:
tonieee wrote:The Popguns did a cover of Can't Ignore The Train by 10,000 Maniacs and I think I heard someone doing a cover of Missing The Moon by The Field Mice. Though I might have dreamed that. And Allo Darlin did You Can Call Me Al.
'Twas The Royal Landscaping Society that covered Missing The Moon.
Bollocks. How did I miss that? (I know how I missed that. I was on the little train trundling through the Country Park...) Any footage of it?

BenIgma
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:06 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by BenIgma » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:20 pm

RITH wrote:Let's do a list of Indietracks covers again. I remember:

Bordeauxxx - Pure Shores (All Saints)
The Just Joans - Will he kiss me tonight (Dolly mixture)
The Just Joans - Do you remember the first time? (Pulp)
Allo Darlin' - If you don't pull (The Just Joans)
Mega Emotions - La isla bonita (Madonna)
Joanna Gruesome - Tugboat (Galaxie 500)
Cosines - Young Turks (Rod Stewart)
The Swapsies - (You're so square) Baby I don't care (Elvis Presley)

The Royal Landscaping Society did an Alpaca Sports cover, but I don't know which one.
The Wendy Darlings did The Ramones' 'California Sun', and one band - think it was Allo Darlin' did a medley which included Paul Simon's 'Call me Al'

Barto
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:38 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Bartolone
Location: Milano, Italy
Contact:

Re: Indietracks 2014 Photos and Memories

Post by Barto » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:57 pm

SisterRay wrote:
Barto wrote: Where are you from? From my hometown, Milano, Italy, the time between my waking up and my arrival on site was exactly 12 hours on Saturday, in fact I completely skipped the discos, but I partied in full on Sunday.
Finland. But, it takes a while to get to Helsinki, and the time includes all the boring waiting at airports and stuff.
Same for me, the airoport is not in Milan but in Bergamo and I had to be there 2 hours prior to the departure cause there were lots of queues because of people leaving for their sea destination like Marsa Alam and so on.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest