Tullycraft

popbands, poplabels, poprecords

Moderator: shaved head thrills

User avatar
lynsosaurus
Posts: 3469
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:13 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: Auld Reekie
Contact:

Post by lynsosaurus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:51 pm

Also, I think that 'our days in kansas' might be the best song ever written.

User avatar
squirrelboutique
Posts: 3590
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by squirrelboutique » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:31 am

lynsosaurus wrote:Also, I think that 'our days in kansas' might be the best song ever written.
You think that because it is the best song ever written.

Watch this!

roobee
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:43 pm

Post by roobee » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:40 pm

I can't stop listening to 'fangs on bats' today - I'm a bit sing-along exhausted. The last 4 seconds of that song are perfect.

User avatar
squirrelboutique
Posts: 3590
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: Tullycraft

Post by squirrelboutique » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:16 am

I was just reading some of the comments on one of the things on the Tullycraft site, and this one made me giggle:
Anonymous said...

Obama/Tollefson!

10:54 AM
Also, NYC Popfest! Squeeee! I would very much like to hear The Neutron live.

User avatar
JohaN
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:03 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: adamastor's adam's apple

Re: Tullycraft

Post by JohaN » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:22 pm

oh wow! where have i been! david and rachel: WOW! and it is a lovely lovely cover. (you both have great voices too!)

i'm! punctuating! too! damn! much!

anyway - i was just coming here to say that i'd received "every scene" for my birthday, and how lovely it was (even though it's almost like it's a "grown-up" album, but it's so well balanced!)...
... and then tullycraft found another reason to make me smile! :)
1 wasn't for the money
2 wasn't for the show
3 is GO! GO! GO!

User avatar
RITH
Posts: 3355
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:35 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/RITH
Location: Almere
Contact:

Re:

Post by RITH » Sun May 04, 2008 7:15 pm

squirrelboutique wrote:That compilation is called When Punk Fell to Earth.

That's all I have for now.
In an absurdly late reply I'll have you know that you can buy this from the Tullycraft shop for only 5 dollars. In case people forgot, we're talking about Six Cents And Natalie's compilation CD When Punk Fell To Earth.

I'm still in love with the latest album. Is it out on vinyl yet?

Also, I picked up on Tullycraft with Beat Surf Fun and never heard the two albums before that (City of Subarus and Old Traditions, New Standards). Should I?

User avatar
squirrelboutique
Posts: 3590
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: Re:

Post by squirrelboutique » Sun May 04, 2008 9:26 pm

RITH wrote:
squirrelboutique wrote:That compilation is called When Punk Fell to Earth.

That's all I have for now.
In an absurdly late reply I'll have you know that you can buy this from the Tullycraft shop for only 5 dollars. In case people forgot, we're talking about Six Cents And Natalie's compilation CD When Punk Fell To Earth.

I'm still in love with the latest album. Is it out on vinyl yet?

Also, I picked up on Tullycraft with Beat Surf Fun and never heard the two albums before that (City of Subarus and Old Traditions, New Standards). Should I?
I saw that on the Tullycraft site!

And I think no to the vinyl so far, but yes get those two albums for sure!

!

User avatar
gloom button
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Tullycraft

Post by gloom button » Sun May 04, 2008 9:49 pm

JohaN wrote:oh wow! where have i been! david and rachel: WOW! and it is a lovely lovely cover. (you both have great voices too!)

i'm! punctuating! too! damn! much!

anyway - i was just coming here to say that i'd received "every scene" for my birthday, and how lovely it was (even though it's almost like it's a "grown-up" album, but it's so well balanced!)...
... and then tullycraft found another reason to make me smile! :)
I missed this; thank you kindly.
the trouble with personalities, they're too wrapped up in style
it's too personal; they're in love with their own guile

islandhopper
Posts: 3441
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:44 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mi-fhein
Location: I belong to Glasgow

Re: Re:

Post by islandhopper » Tue May 06, 2008 7:15 pm

RITH wrote:
Also, I picked up on Tullycraft with Beat Surf Fun and never heard the two albums before that (City of Subarus and Old Traditions, New Standards). Should I?
I'd say so. I just got City of Subarus today and apart from the slightly less polished production and musicianship it's the same Tullycraft you know and love.

User avatar
RITH
Posts: 3355
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:35 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/RITH
Location: Almere
Contact:

Re: Tullycraft

Post by RITH » Wed May 07, 2008 11:05 am

I wanted to order the 'Our days in Kansas' single from their website (just because I love the song so), and 5 dollars seemed a decent price. But then they add 11 dollars postage to that! For one lousy 7". I always hate that. I'm Dutch enough to not be willing to pay that. I've got the album anyway. Btw, the vinyl of that 'Disenchanted hearts unite' (and possibly the other albums? I wouldn't know) is of the prettiest girly pink I've ever seen.

Any rumours of a European tour perhaps?

User avatar
squirrelboutique
Posts: 3590
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: Tullycraft

Post by squirrelboutique » Wed May 07, 2008 12:03 pm

Dennis!

Try ordering it from Little Teddy online or mail order. It ships from Germany that way and might be less expensive.

Online

Mail Order

User avatar
indiemarker
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:26 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Contact:

Re: Tullycraft

Post by indiemarker » Wed May 07, 2008 10:45 pm

it seems weird to me to discover tullycraft from the new to the older. Disenchanted Hearts Unite is my favorite, though i like them all. I really like City of Subarus as a total album as well. It is amazing to me as even some of my less favorites have some of their best songs.Kind of can't go wrong.

islandhopper
Posts: 3441
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:44 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mi-fhein
Location: I belong to Glasgow

Re: Tullycraft

Post by islandhopper » Wed May 07, 2008 10:51 pm

indiemarker wrote:it seems weird to me to discover tullycraft from the new to the older. Disenchanted Hearts Unite is my favorite, though i like them all. I really like City of Subarus as a total album as well. It is amazing to me as even some of my less favorites have some of their best songs.Kind of can't go wrong.
I have so far bought/received them in the order Beat Surf Fun, Every Scene.., Disenchanted Hearts.., City of Subarus. The order was pretty much based on how easily/cheaply I could obtain them though. Every Scene is my favourite as a whole though, like you say, so many of the best songs are on other albums.

User avatar
JohaN
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:03 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: adamastor's adam's apple

Re: Tullycraft

Post by JohaN » Sun May 11, 2008 12:52 pm

isn't every scene jsut a wonderfully full, coherent, beautifully put together album though? it's so well-balanced, and it just flows so beautifully, with a GREAT centerpiece (dracula screams in tiger style I/II) and it really feels as if the rest of the album is constructed around it... every time i listen to it i'm just so so impressed... and that's even though i was drawn to tullycraft by some of the real "bedroom-feel" early stuff ("pop songs your new boyfriend...", "superboy, supergirl")

speaking of "pop songs your new boyfriend's too stupid to know about"... i was browsing around on the k records site the other day, and that song's basically an ode to the k records catalogue, i realised for the first time... which is silly of me
1 wasn't for the money
2 wasn't for the show
3 is GO! GO! GO!

User avatar
RITH
Posts: 3355
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:35 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/RITH
Location: Almere
Contact:

Re: Tullycraft

Post by RITH » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:13 pm

http://thespecialplaces.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
squirrelboutique
Posts: 3590
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: Tullycraft

Post by squirrelboutique » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:38 pm

!

I've just remembered Jenny was in a dream I had last night. I can't remember what she was doing.

User avatar
cacophoney
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:09 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: not here, not so near
Contact:

Re: Tullycraft

Post by cacophoney » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:02 pm

Love Tullycraft.. droll lyrics, nice singalong parts. "Pop songs..." just made me laugh.
I only listened to the mp3 samples from their website, got to admit. I really look forward to laying my paws on the records, though.

User avatar
gub
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Tullycraft

Post by gub » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:42 pm

I only have Beat Surf Sun and Every Scene Needs A Center, but I listen to them constantly and really need to get on obtaining their other albums. One of my favorite early morning songs to listen to when I'm half asleep on way to work or school is "Twee". The opening bit is just so energetic!

User avatar
RITH
Posts: 3355
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:35 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/RITH
Location: Almere
Contact:

Re: Tullycraft

Post by RITH » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:59 pm

gub wrote:I only have Beat Surf Sun and Every Scene Needs A Center, but I listen to them constantly and really need to get on obtaining their other albums. One of my favorite early morning songs to listen to when I'm half asleep on way to work or school is "Twee". The opening bit is just so energetic!
You'll fall in love with every song on 'Disenchanted Hearts Unite'.

User avatar
squirrelboutique
Posts: 3590
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: Tullycraft

Post by squirrelboutique » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:38 pm

I love this interview, mostly for the Bembo/Bookman bit:
Brightest Young Things wrote:Has Corianton become such a talented designer now that it is kind of annoying?
Jeff: That Cori is annoying has nothing to do with his obvious talent as a designer but more to do with his personality.
Sean: The fact that Corianton is a talented designer is not annoying…it’s wonderfully annoying.
Jenny: I love that this interview is capturing Jeff’s true surly nature!
Corianton: Well at least I know the difference between a Bembo and a Bookman.
Chris: Oh! I’m SO SMART! I hang out with Michael Stipe! My name is Corianton!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests