Emotional Response Records

popbands, poplabels, poprecords

Moderator: shaved head thrills

everard

Re: Box Of Tricks - 5 x colour vinyl 7inch box set

Post by everard » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:46

thread is just a teensy bit spammy as is ... but actually had already ordered this and am looking forward to it, the safe distance especially. i kind of wish it didn't mention the downloads on the actual box, though.

apparently the 7"s will all be available separately (but perhaps not with the full downloads? i dunno). box set is ~£30 including airmail to the uk.

19 songs spread over five 7inch EPs, all on colour vinyl with jukebox style "pop-out" centres! Each 7inch contains a full length LPs worth of download material. 56 songs total to download! A set of 8 button badges! A fridge magnet! Lots of bits of paper/artwork! All housed in a hard card 7 inch box, beautifully designed by Simon Williams! Numbered edition of just 100 copies!
--> CHEAP RED 4 songs, each sung by a different band member - (Jen and Stew, and Akina and Arland formerly Kanda). Download includes a whopping full 14 song LP.

--> THEE HEADLESS KINGS "Soul music for the dehydrated" - Justin Burch, (Soft Paws / Inspaceno! etc, with help from Stew and Jen), cooks y'all up a tasty 4 song platter of his own unique styling's on soul and doo-wap. Download includes 11 songs total.

--> THE SAFE DISTANCE "Songs" - Tri-continent supergroup starring Crayola (Sarandon / A Witness etc, vocals and guitar), David Nichols (Huon / Cannanes etc, drums) and Stewart (Bass and Organ). A 4 song EP, with 10 song download with 7 originals and 3 eclectic covers (Bogshed, Adam and the Ants and Hawkwind!)

--> KICKBACK$ / SHINDAGGERS split EP. 2 songs each on the vinyl from Northern AZs favourite Mod beat / Garage punkers, guaranteed to kick you ears in the nuts. One side slick, one side greasy. With 11 song download.

--> HULABOY 3 song EP. Eric and Stew celebrate 20 years of indie ineptitude, with surprisingly coherent results. Mature, almost. With 10 song download.
maybe an admin could retitle this thread 'Emotional Response Records'? edit, 4 minutes later: that was quick, thanks!

crystalball
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/felters

Re: Emotional Response Records

Post by crystalball » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59

Oh, I'd love that for Cheap Red and Hulaboy alone. But that postage... fuck.

everard

Re: Emotional Response Records

Post by everard » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:10

$16.75 for airmail ... expensive but it may be somewhat subsidised as it costs more than that for a single lp from the states now ... i think £6 per 7"* including the postage is pretty good going really: not uncommon for domestic orders to cost that.

* that is, if one is interested in all the records ... i'm thinking of it as three £10 7"s with an open mind about the other two!