Animal Collective

everything else

Moderator: Paquito

Rimbaud
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:55 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/JoshH1991
Location: Glasgow

Re: Animal Collective

Post by Rimbaud » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:37 pm

indiansummer wrote:
Rimbaud wrote:There is never much talk of Campfire Songs, I think that's an awesome album and strangely it was the one that got me into to them anyone who can write a nine minute song with one chord, that never gets boring, has got to be fantastic.
Isn't that largely because it's been out of print and nearly impossible to get hold of for the last 4 years or something?

It's probably downloadable... but i don't really know (or care) how one would go about doing that.
Does this mean you haven't heard it?

indiansummer
Posts: 6655
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:52 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/heartsturnblue
Location: from Liverpool / in Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Animal Collective

Post by indiansummer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:05 am

Haha... yup. Ach, i'll just wait til they reissue it. I'd like to hear it. Isn't it 'officially' an Animal Collective side project rather than an Animal Collective record? From what i've heard, Campfire Songs is supposed to be the name of the band on that album. There's a strong chance i've been wildly misinformed...!
halo my middle, a hula hoop hug

Rimbaud
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:55 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/JoshH1991
Location: Glasgow

Re: Animal Collective

Post by Rimbaud » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:34 pm

indiansummer wrote:Haha... yup. Ach, i'll just wait til they reissue it. I'd like to hear it. Isn't it 'officially' an Animal Collective side project rather than an Animal Collective record? From what i've heard, Campfire Songs is supposed to be the name of the band on that album. There's a strong chance i've been wildly misinformed...!
Jeez, you need to hear it, hopefully they do reissue it at some point. Well 'officially' it isn't but it's hardly a side project either it's just AC under a different alias, it's still Avey, Panda and Deakin making awesome sounds but on acoustic guitars.

User avatar
squirrelboutique
Posts: 3590
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: Animal Collective

Post by squirrelboutique » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:43 am

Ooooh! I'm just back from my first ever live Animal Collective show. They make a wonderful fucking noise! And ever word is sung like they mean it. My face hurts from smiling, and my feet are totally smooshed from all the trampling,pouncing dancers.

Fantastic show, and I don't feel like I even need to explain one lick to anyone any of my reasons for loving this band. I just do.

User avatar
squirrelboutique
Posts: 3590
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: Animal Collective

Post by squirrelboutique » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Noah Lennox collaborated with Atlas Sound on a song. You can hear it on Pitchfork, and it's wonderfully summery and Panda Bearesque.

Here

indiansummer
Posts: 6655
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:52 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/heartsturnblue
Location: from Liverpool / in Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Animal Collective

Post by indiansummer » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:33 am

squirrelboutique wrote:Noah Lennox collaborated with Atlas Sound on a song. You can hear it on Pitchfork, and it's wonderfully summery and Panda Bearesque.

Here

Yeh, i've just heard that! It's well good, isn't it?
halo my middle, a hula hoop hug

Rimbaud
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:55 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/JoshH1991
Location: Glasgow

Re: Animal Collective

Post by Rimbaud » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:27 am

Yeah it's awesome, the live Panda Bear-less version has been floating about for a while as 'Dovers Jam' (i.e. the band whom he sampled from) but yeah this finished version is great and I'm highly anticipating Logos.

Rimbaud
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:55 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/JoshH1991
Location: Glasgow

Re: Animal Collective

Post by Rimbaud » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:59 pm

indiansummer wrote:
Rimbaud wrote:There is never much talk of Campfire Songs, I think that's an awesome album and strangely it was the one that got me into to them anyone who can write a nine minute song with one chord, that never gets boring, has got to be fantastic.
Isn't that largely because it's been out of print and nearly impossible to get hold of for the last 4 years or something?

It's probably downloadable... but i don't really know (or care) how one would go about doing that.
http://pitchfork.com/news/36719-animal- ... i-reissue/

Woo!

indiansummer
Posts: 6655
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:52 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/heartsturnblue
Location: from Liverpool / in Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Animal Collective

Post by indiansummer » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:24 am

Awesome!
halo my middle, a hula hoop hug

User avatar
slow motion
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: Animal Collective

Post by slow motion » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Atlas Sound's Logos is finally coming out in the UK. Sounds good but I really wish Walkabout had come out as a 7" single. Would have been perfect in the summer. But would still be very welcome now or anytime really...

User avatar
Tom Mascot
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:35 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/da_Cyborg
Contact:

Re: Animal Collective

Post by Tom Mascot » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:28 pm

http://pitchfork.com/news/36719-animal- ... i-reissue/

Woo![/quote]


I can gloat less about having the original now. :(

Rimbaud
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:55 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/JoshH1991
Location: Glasgow

Re: Animal Collective

Post by Rimbaud » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 am

Only slightly less.

Rimbaud
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:55 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/JoshH1991
Location: Glasgow

Re: Animal Collective

Post by Rimbaud » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:08 am

slow motion wrote:Atlas Sound's Logos is finally coming out in the UK. Sounds good but I really wish Walkabout had come out as a 7" single. Would have been perfect in the summer. But would still be very welcome now or anytime really...
Finally coming out in the UK? It's only just coming out everywhere...I'm not too sure on it myself anyway, I like the songs but it doesn't work that well as an album because of the old leaked songs which are more electronic and the new more guitar songs.

User avatar
slow motion
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: Animal Collective

Post by slow motion » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:18 am

Uh, maybe I'm not completely on the ball with this. I heard Walkabout a while ago, but I guess it was a digital only release. I really love What Am I Gonna Do? by The Dovers and thought that this was a really nice take on it with Panda Bear nostalgia lyrics and echo-drenched singing. For me, just a perfect 7". I'm a bit foggy about Atlas Sound and leaks of this record which maybe made him make changes to it. But I think Walkabout's the same - yes?

Rimbaud
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:55 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/JoshH1991
Location: Glasgow

Re: Animal Collective

Post by Rimbaud » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:37 pm

slow motion wrote:Uh, maybe I'm not completely on the ball with this. I heard Walkabout a while ago, but I guess it was a digital only release. I really love What Am I Gonna Do? by The Dovers and thought that this was a really nice take on it with Panda Bear nostalgia lyrics and echo-drenched singing. For me, just a perfect 7". I'm a bit foggy about Atlas Sound and leaks of this record which maybe made him make changes to it. But I think Walkabout's the same - yes?
No release at all it was given away for free. Walkabout is completely unrecorded before so it wasn't on the original leak.

User avatar
madcat
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:49 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/hullukissa
Location: Outer Bongolia
Contact:

Re: Animal Collective

Post by madcat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Listened to Feels tonight for the first time in a long while. What a cracking and beautiful record.

Rimbaud
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:55 pm
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/JoshH1991
Location: Glasgow

Re: Animal Collective

Post by Rimbaud » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:16 pm

New EP Fall be Kind is fantastic.

The BBC version of What Would I want Sky was brilliant but this version just makes it so much better.

User avatar
Mr Bear
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:48 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/cold_discovery
Location: Here and there

Re: Animal Collective

Post by Mr Bear » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:06 pm

Rimbaud wrote:New EP Fall be Kind is fantastic.

The BBC version of What Would I want Sky was brilliant but this version just makes it so much better.
It's great, isn't it. The key change just after 4 minutes into What Would I Want Sky makes my heart flutter a bit.

I've been really enjoying Campfire Songs recently. I do love the recent stuff, but it's nice to have something like Campfire Songs as a counterpoint. It's really beautiful.

indiansummer
Posts: 6655
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:52 am
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/heartsturnblue
Location: from Liverpool / in Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Animal Collective

Post by indiansummer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:20 am

just listened to What Would I Want? Sky for the first time in a few months. it's fluffing ace. just brilliant.
halo my middle, a hula hoop hug

User avatar
Paul
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:32 pm
Location: Hackney
Contact:

Re: Animal Collective

Post by Paul » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:46 pm

indiansummer wrote:just listened to What Would I Want? Sky for the first time in a few months. it's fluffing ace. just brilliant.
Undoubtedly one of my favourite songs of last year.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest