Terry

everything else

Moderator: Paquito

Michael Quentin
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Terry

Post by Michael Quentin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Saw Australian band Terry at Fuel Cafe Bar in Manchester last night. They were tremendous. Trev Odd Box is putting them on in Cardiff on Sunday. They're at the 13th Note in Glasgow tonight and Berwick Film Festival tomorrow. Go and see them. There's something very Go-Betweens 1982 about them. I have a new love. Their name is Terry. (I feel I should state they were at pains to point out they hadn't deliberately chosen matching outfits).

noLooking

Re: Terry

Post by noLooking » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:37 pm

I've heard little bits by them and have been intrigued rather than thrilled but they very much remain on the list, such as it is. Though I'm a bit put off by the cowboy outfits on the album cover I think.

Anyway, full marks for actually starting a thread, it takes some chutzpah these days.

Trev
Last.fm: lostmusic

Post by Trev » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:12 pm

Brilliant pop group. Can't wait to see them tomorrow. Doing the show as a co-promo with Cardiff awesomes Joy Collective! Yay!
not really here

holyzombiejesus

Post by holyzombiejesus » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:18 am

What? How did I not hear about this (Manchester gig)? Some promoters don't seem to want to actually promote stuff outside their small circle of friends (or I'm just not very good at hearing about stuff like this). Really pissed off I missed this.

Michael Quentin

Post by Michael Quentin » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:16 am

holyzombiejesus wrote:What? How did I not hear about this (Manchester gig)? Some promoters don't seem to want to actually promote stuff outside their small circle of friends (or I'm just not very good at hearing about stuff like this). Really pissed off I missed this.
Trust me, I would have been equally irked if I'd been in your shoes. I got wind they were coming over through a post on the Upset The Rhythm website and then proceeded to mither UTR on Twitter as to whether there was a Manchester gig. Eventually I found out there was, but not when or where it was, which was frustrating but eventually the co-promoter Comfortable On A Tightrope piped up that they were putting them on but there were still no details as to where or when. It was a very, very s l o w reveal to be honest. I didn't see it promoted anywhere (I have a gig poster, but that was taken from the venue) but I may not frequent those places where they were.

If you want to DM me your email address and/or Twitter handle I'm happy to share gig news with you. I don't bite.