Big Brother 2008

films, telly, wireless

Moderator: quaycur

linus

Re: Big Brother 2008

Post by linus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:21

Jeezy Creezy wrote: Me neither. Can't we have a big-bro free forum and pretend it's just a recurring nightmare? Please?
ha, no

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:38

Gordon wrote:The rapist?
I didn't mean that in the pejorative or actual sense

was anything proved?

he got voted out of the house and nicked on a sexual assault charge, I think

these wankers mean nothing to me once big brother is over

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 13:18

that blond one who failed to get into girls aloud on popstars: the rivals has previously dated smooth as a porpoise, thick as a small shit pebble big brother winner anTHony

it's very exciting

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 14:10

I think they mean 'jeers', surely? or 'beers'
the 23-year-old, who was greeted to a chorus of boos and leers by the audience waiting outside the famous house last night, unfairly picks on an elderly neighbour
the idea of a crowd being both repelled and attracted does rather fit in with why I just can't get enough of tv's Channel 4's big brother though

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/displa ... 72.0.0.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Woodbine
Last.fm: www.lastharbour.co.uk

Post by Woodbine » Sat Jun 07, 2008 18:32

linus wrote:that blond one who failed to get into girls aloud on popstars: the rivals has previously dated smooth as a porpoise, thick as a small shit pebble big brother winner anTHony

it's very exciting
A marriage made in heaven, surely?

I haven't seen any of it since the launch night because I've been away at a wedding, but I'll probably tune in tonight.
Is evil just something you are, or something you do?

a layer of chips
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by a layer of chips » Sun Jun 08, 2008 09:41

Already I can't watch it. It makes me tense.

Concrete

Post by Concrete » Sun Jun 08, 2008 18:25

Which one's Luke? Is he the one that looks like former-next-big-thing-turned-hasbeen footballer Francis Jeffers? For some reason he doesn't strike me as a politics student, let alone a tory. But maybe that's because I think he's Francis Jeffers' unsuccessful brother, who got turned down by Accrington Stanley and now works in a sports clothing shop at McArthur Glen's Cheshire Oaks outlet centre.

linus

Post by linus » Mon Jun 09, 2008 17:22

I've figured it out, michael is...
michael_440x227.jpg
nicky manic's more fun, blind and sartorially interesting little brother

linus

Post by linus » Thu Jun 19, 2008 13:06

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/organgrinde ... st_69.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

liberal spack yr branez

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:53

this latest 'foofaraw' on big bother is so lacking in any... blah... that I'm struggling to even be slightly distracted by it

this alex character is no worse (i.e, no more inarticulate, deluded, full of shit, unpleasent) than any of the previous series' notable twunts

in fact she seemed rather pathetic in comparision to charley last year and there have been more intimidating housemates... jon tickle was more intimidating than her, certainly more oppressive

as a longtime year in, year out sufferer of big brother this series is so dull I may have to put myself out of my own misery

I feel like a social pariah even admitting to myself I watch it (on occassion, a few minutes at a time, now and then)

we really are entering a pooey epoch of grimness if a self-loathing insecure bitter 38 year old man like me can't have a bog-eyed gawp at big brother without doubting the need for it's very existence and thinking of seeking out the possibility of attaining to higher things elsewhere (like outdoors even)

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:55

I only really like sylvia, I felt a bit sorry for mohammed this week

linus

Post by linus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 23:08

I'm the only person posting in this thread

I've never been unaware that big brother is a cheap, cynical, exploitative, mindless gawpfest and that the producers are shallow creatively redundant shit spatters, worse than any of the contestants and, indeed, the festering gommos who turn up at the eviction shows to bark and dribble at davina

in a sense, that's kind of why I've enjoyed it

but this series... sweet cheesey crispbreads, it really is the pits...

and I think the reason is it's not venal enough

they should stick a rabid dog in there or a hundredweight of rats or just swap all the running water for hydrochloric acid

at least then we can all laugh

it's become a bowlderized version of what it once was... this current run is flat in every respect

pointing and sneering at prannets used to be this nation's favourite sport... perhaps it still is, but because of the apprentice, britains got talent, etc big brother's prannet pool is sorely depleted, there's just simply not enough 'look at me, look at me' human effluent to spread adequately over the reality tv schedules... a number of this year's contestants have already appeared on other reality tv programmes, but even that's not new, shabnam from last year was so desperate to appear on tv she faked an itchy anus to appear on 'britain's most embarassing illness' and then performed to three itchy anuses in a row on the first series of britain's got talent before she even got through the big brother door... there's not enough 'I am therefore I am famous'-types in the uk, we're a small island

plus there's messageboards and blogs where people can do that sort of thing to a smaller more select and possibly more appreciative audience and not have to be on telly

and that's clearly enough for most, throwing yourself at tv cameras is apparently a dying art, we can't even do that well anymore... evidence of further decline in brown's britain

what's to become of us?

Big Nose

Post by Big Nose » Tue Jun 24, 2008 23:59

I watched it tonight with the sound turned down. It was much better. I was having to invent loads of reasons why that new fella kept changing his keks repeatedly, and my brain almost boiled when the albino and the coloured girl who's not a gangster who is going to stab everyone up were being rocked on a sun lounger by someone whose name I don't know.

It's shit isn't it.
My apple pies go off today.

linus

Post by linus » Wed Jun 25, 2008 00:03

we always knew it was, to be fair, but now it's so shit you can't get past the fact it's shit, it's just shit

and not so shit it's strangely pleasurable to inflict on oneself

just shit

Sootyzilla
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/sootyzilla

Post by Sootyzilla » Wed Jun 25, 2008 00:59

i told you so
As wrong as it was to do,
Those eyes were made to look into.

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jun 27, 2008 15:28

I may have been premature

last night's episode served up some rare treats

mikey eating peanut butter from a jar with a knife and making 'mmm' noises was a moment of transgressive humanity worthy of harmony korine (yes, that good)

and sylvia calling luke a 'wanker, wan-kerrr, you equal W... A... N... K... massive wanker' was delightfully pinteresque

she's well being voted out, that sylvia, I bet the big brother audience hate her, I still think she's a sweetie

dennis is my new favourite, he's awful, really dreadful

linus

Post by linus » Sat Jun 28, 2008 00:35

tonight's episode was hilarious/terrifying

dennis (chucky from child's play) has been given the boot for spitting in mohammed's face

all because the one whose name I can't remember (anti-abortion/anti-immigration/loves animals) was upset when rex (the posh smug chef with the bling) smudged her painting of stuart (looks like a side of beef, wears mascara)... for some reason anti-abortion felt her daubings constituted some kind of artistic meisterwerk when in fact it was a ham-fisted gone wrong that should have been respectfully torn up and thrown in the bin

anti-abortion then cried a lot, rex apologised but couldn't refrain from smirking as he did so, stuart and dale (looks like a hollyoaks with it's scant brains removed, breathes through mouth) beat their chests manfully and were very cross at rex

swearing occured frequently

voices were raised, dennis- who'd for most of this brouhaha remained in a sitting foetal position with his head in his hands- suddenly flipped out like a maddun' and told mohammed to 'FUCK OFF! FUCK OFF!' and let fly a grolly at mohammed's boatrace

there was more of this sort of thing as various housemates squared up to one another embarassingly

as ever with big brother (life?) the majority felt they were entirely justified in their behaviour and blamed the minority... tuff bananas to them as dennis got slung out by big brother and sylvia (one of the indignant alpha group) was voted out by the great unwashed resulting in whispered talk of the editing making mohammed look good

he seems like a fairly pleasent sort of chap, more sinned against than sinner

I may be the only person watching but I don't care

*flicks vees at the sneering clevers who are above this sort of thing*

knibbles
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by knibbles » Sat Jun 28, 2008 08:16

I watched it last night too. Sylvia is so pretty, isn't she? She's well gorge.
That painting argument went on for about an hour didn't it? It shows a dedication to arguing that I find admirable. I've had to turn the sounds off Big Brother a couple of times this week because when that lady shouts 'cookie' it goes right through me.
Daddy is dead on a sunshine day

boney
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/boneyboy

Post by boney » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:15

It was so horrible watching this last night, I really don't know why it was on, but it really fucked me off to the point I couldn't move, I could just feel my brain shutting down bit by bit. Putting a load of egocentric cunts in a house, then them ending up spitting, posturing, being aggressive. The most horrible BB thing I've ever seen. It genuinely put me in a quite depressed and angry mode afterwards, I'm going to have to leave the room from now on if it's on.

boney
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/boneyboy

Post by boney » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:16

knibbles wrote:I watched it last night too. Sylvia is so pretty, isn't she? She's well gorge.
That painting argument went on for about an hour didn't it? It shows a dedication to arguing that I find admirable. I've had to turn the sounds off Big Brother a couple of times this week because when that lady shouts 'cookie' it goes right through me.
Heh! She's a total typical one-dimensional BB contestant type isn't she. They all have their one thing so that people can distinguish them.