Big Brother/Celebrity Big Brother/All That Shit

films, telly, wireless

Moderator: quaycur

caramarydaisy
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Big Brother 2010

Post by caramarydaisy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:18 am

oh, shes definitely a princess, and i didnt know about the biog.

i see what yr saying about 'playing the victim' then, throwing tantrums to manipulate people into her getting her own way.. but i dont know id picked up on her as specifically blaming/associating her past for her current behavior. i guess thats what the book delves into, heh.

fogofideas wrote: let's not start admonishing women (or men, I see no colour) for wanting big boobs

down that road lies only ruin
most of the women i know who have or have had big boobs have hated them!

and back to ubb, tying this back in nicely, i did feel a bit sorry for chantelle when she said she should have gone to therapy rather than a plastic surgeon, either way i guess it beats going back to preston?
i said OK! the wind said no

Woodbine
Last.fm: www.lastharbour.co.uk

Post by Woodbine » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:48 am

fogofideas wrote:it's different sides of the same coin, surely, woodbine?

also, you're taking it on face value- this is a micro-celeb back story, you pick thru' those with a view that the story's been augmented and smoothed over to fit a sympathetic narrative... she had a boob job and worked as a glamour model, so did michelle bass, both of them want to be on tv

why is it somehow more okay for one and not the other because one has this tragic back story to pull out, 'forgive me, feminists, for I was once an anorexic', and the other doesn't?

or does it simply come down to the volume of the implant?

you could argue that michelle bass is a tough old bird who's 'made the best of what she's got' and made a few quid off daft men- she's shown resilience and determination and grafted and all on her own terms (the pants stay on)

that seems to me, playing devil's avocado, to be far more noteworthy than someone who presents themselves, ostensibly, as a victim
Well it's pretty difficult to get implants on the NHS, you have to demonstrate that it will cause you psychological trauma not to have them - which I suppose it would if you had no breasts at all, I can understand that. I'm surprised she got glamour modelling work - she's so skinny that her body is actually quite unattractive to look at!

I wasn't saying I begrudge anyone getting breast implants - it's up to them if they want to spend the money! I just meant that it might have been nice for the BB producers to populate the house with at least one person who hasn't gone down that path. But they are the ones who have faded into obscurity I suppose.
Is evil just something you are, or something you do?

Woodbine
Last.fm: www.lastharbour.co.uk

Post by Woodbine » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:51 am

caramarydaisy wrote:most of the women i know who have or have had big boobs have hated them!
Yes, I know someone who had a breast reduction on the NHS, but it was quite hard for her to get it - hence my comment in previous post. Her breasts just made her look about two dress sizes bigger than she actually was (presumably because they hadn't been sculpted by a surgeon) and she had to endure horrible comments from men and constant back pain.
Is evil just something you are, or something you do?

linus

Post by linus » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:11 am

they could've had rachel, the nice welsh girl who won a few series back, nothing added and she was packing plenty in the trunk, most excellent

Edit: sorry for the 'most excellent' line there, I was still in Plymouth

linus

Re: Big Brother/Celebrity Big Brother/All That Shit

Post by linus » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:19 pm

I've been rather unwell and as a result I find myself at home and while having my meagre lunchtime fayre I've strayed, dear reader, I've strayed with remote control in hand upon this series of Smellveryshitty Big Brother (oh, yeh, killer wordplay)

That Lee from Blue makes Dappy from the Teletubbies seem like John fucking Humphries- how did that happen? I'm glad I'm still occasionally surprised by the sheer pigshitthickery of some of Great Britain's stubborn Pop Chart stains, the ones you hope the detergent of time will wash away but keep reappearing from out of the washing machine of our collective memory

Other than that and not knowing who three quarters of these people are (but enjoying guessing what they may be 'celebrated' for) I've really no other observations to make

Other than 'hey fatty boom boom' every time Jim Davidson looms into view- why do so many comedians end up in old age looking like their mothers?

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:31 pm

word of warning... it appears hash tag 'frank carson's dressing room' may yet be the straw on the top of the cake that breaks the ferryman and propels jim 'chalkist' davidson back into the nation's primetime hearts

he's joint favourite to win... and let's consider what happened to all those other celebrity big brother winners like, um, barrack obama, one direction, shia le bouef, the latest pope and dame judi dench... they all went from z-list celebrity status to being some of the world's biggest and brightest and most loved and most cherished and most highly regarded stars in the pantheon of fame and fortune and celebrity and wonder

so whatever happened in 'frank carson's dressing room' that causes angry, dowdy linda nolan to really hate and go on at and about the matronly and stoical jim 'troops' davidson (because there can be no other reason) may yet prove to be the key to the padlock that yields the chains around the affections of all hard working right-thinking families in coalition britain

in other words, it looks like jim to win

because of something that happened in 'frank carson's dressing room'

linus

Post by linus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:13 am

tenderhooks
tenderhooks 1.jpg
tenderhooks.jpg
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -plan.html

look, I don't enjoy this any more than you do, but it needs to be documented