stagedivemalta
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Breaking Bad

Post by stagedivemalta » Tue Mar 13, 2012 19:21

No thread?! or have I missed it ...

sunshine/pirate

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by sunshine/pirate » Fri Mar 16, 2012 17:41

I've just finished the second season. My favourite episode so far is the one where nothing goes to plan.

everard

Post by everard » Sat Mar 17, 2012 13:27

eagerly awaiting season four coming out on dvd. easily my favourite current tv programme.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Mon Jul 30, 2012 03:28

I think my favorite thing about the show is the little surprising things about characters that get revealed from time to time, like:
SpoilerShow
Skinny Pete is a piano wiz!
I have about a billion favorite things though, really.
SpoilerShow
And I am now terrified of Walt.

DefenderOfPants
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/DefenderOfPants

Post by DefenderOfPants » Mon Jul 30, 2012 09:31

After going on a Breaking Bad binge, I'm all caught up. Unfortunately, it's made the current pace of one episode a week really, really frustrating.
SpoilerShow
I don't like what they've done with Walt. He needs to have some redeeming qualities to make it interesting. Now he's just creepy all time.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Tue Jul 31, 2012 00:25

I'm not quite at the point of being annoyed by that yet, but I might be soon!
SpoilerShow
I think right now I like the ways that Walt's immorality is shown in juxtaposition to the ways I think Jesse and Mike are becoming apparently more moral. And Walt is getting overly bold and kind of stupid and blinded while Jesse and Mike are figuring things out. So I'm not bored or annoyed quite yet, but I could be!
And I know what you mean about moving to watching them one at a time!

Trev
Last.fm: lostmusic

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:22

I just got Seasons 1 and 2 for my Birthday - looking forward to getting stuck into it.
not really here

this clump of trees

Post by this clump of trees » Mon Aug 27, 2012 20:14

SpoilerShow
gonna miss Mike, he could never bring himself to do what was required of him

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Mon Aug 27, 2012 20:35

SpoilerShow
I can't believe he's gone! Could anyone make out what Hank was looking at in those photos? And when Walt went back to take the bug out of the Hank/Marie photo, was it a different photo (meaning it had been switched). Someone on an online thing I was reading suggested that. I was watching distracted last night because of the storm here. I think I'll go back and rewatch it.

this clump of trees

Post by this clump of trees » Mon Aug 27, 2012 21:15

SpoilerShow
i think they were just pictures of Mike in different settings. poor Mike, he was pretty sympathetic for a hitman. probably because we didn't see him kill any of the other characters. wish Skyler would do the world a favor and kill Walter herself. that probably won't happen though.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Mon Aug 27, 2012 21:17

SpoilerShow
I think there were hints at Team Skyler/Jesse forming! Okay, so I missed nothing with the photos! Hank just looked like he was figuring something out. Does Mike's granddaughter not get any money now?

this clump of trees

Post by this clump of trees » Mon Aug 27, 2012 21:21

SpoilerShow
i think it's just Mike's "guys" that don't get any money but i can't say for sure. it would suck if Mike entered into that "partnership" w/ Walter and Jesse for nothing. Walter is such a dick.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Mon Aug 27, 2012 21:28

SpoilerShow
I just wondered since her money was in that same bank. It was sad that he had to leave her at the park! One more episode till July, right? I wish we didn't have to wait to see how things wrap up. I think I've finally reached the stage of just hating Walter now, too. His scenes with Skyler are just making him seem even creepier to me.

this clump of trees

Post by this clump of trees » Mon Aug 27, 2012 21:41

SpoilerShow
you're right, the DEA probably confiscated her trust fund. Walter is flat-out satanic now, but it will be satisfying to watch as he is inevitably forced to face his limitations. next episode is the last one for the year.

stolenwine
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stolenwine/

Post by stolenwine » Mon Aug 27, 2012 23:56

SpoilerShow
yeah, walt is totally the worst. he can't taken even the smallest blow to his ego. can't believe how much i hate him now!

that was sad about mike. i mean, i know he's done Bad Things but he wanted out and i think the main reason walt killed him is because the truth hurt his ego. ffs! i'll miss him too.

what do you guys think is gonna end up happening? i think there'll come a point where walt will kill jesse or skylar. i don't think the show will end with walt dying or even getting busted. i think he'll get away with it and fuck someone else over to save himself (because he is the biggest dick on tv right now. worse than joffrey baratheon!)
tell me how good it is / to wake from a bad dream / and have someone there and I will tell you / how butterfly wings stay dry in the rain
--
stolen wine social

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Tue Aug 28, 2012 00:22

SpoilerShow
I think he is going to get away with it and get away. You know how the season started with that scene of him in that diner? That hasn't happened yet, or been resolved right? I mean, I think he ends up alive. I might be confused though. And I know what you mean about Mike. He was a violent criminal, yet I really liked him and it does seem like Walt killed him for no reason.

this clump of trees

Post by this clump of trees » Tue Aug 28, 2012 00:40

SpoilerShow
i like the idea of a Jesse-Skyler team up, they have a common enemy now. or maybe Holly will somehow factor into Walter's downfall. Holly is a perfect example of a Chekhov's Baby.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Tue Aug 28, 2012 01:02

I do fear for her!

I don't think I need a spoiler to say that the use of this Monkees song last night was perfect.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Tue Aug 28, 2012 04:05

SpoilerShow
I went back to look at the bugging episode and the photo is for sure the same as in the on in this weeks, so that thing I read was wrong. I did remember though, why I think Walt makes it. I couldn't go back and watch, but the bacon in the first episode gets arranged into 52, and it was for sure 51 in that birthday episode. So I think Walt makes it.

this clump of trees

Post by this clump of trees » Tue Sep 04, 2012 16:58

SpoilerShow