Tipple Of Choice

recipes, soup, curry, baking, sandwiches, crisps, beer, pubs, alcohol
jayen_aitch
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/jayen_aitch/

Re: Tipple Of Choice

Post by jayen_aitch » Fri May 22, 2009 20:30

lynsosaurus wrote:
Cherry Darling wrote:I just love red wine. I could forgo every other drink in the world and be happy only drinking red wine, I'm certain of it.
if it weren't for gin and tonic, i could probably do that too. i could murder a lovely gin and tonic with a big wedge of lime in it right this second.
Mmmmm, refreshing.

mimpkin
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mimpers

Post by mimpkin » Fri May 22, 2009 22:03

Just squeeze a lemon just as you would an orange and mix the juice in with the vodka (you might want to add a little bit of sugar so that your mind isn't blown by the acidity). Sometimes I buy fresh lemon juice from Sainsburys though, that's lovely too.
Crystalball, thank you for my new favorite drink, I'm now on my third! (well, it is bank holiday weekend . . .) I did it slightly different though, I put the juice of half a lemon in and a little mineral water, lovely! No sugar though, too much like fizzy drinks for me then.
So the honey vodka was good? I brought some back from my trip abroad a few weeks ago but not tried it yet. I'll have to get some different ones next time. I have cranberry, honey, bison grass and cherry so far. Then again I don't really touch spirits.
Wyvern, you need to get drinking those, or I'll be trying to steal them as well as your Henderson's Crisps!
totally wicked and equally ace

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Sat May 23, 2009 13:28

wyvern wrote:So the honey vodka was good? I brought some back from my trip abroad a few weeks ago but not tried it yet.
Let's say the Honey Vodka divided opinion. Like the Cherry Vodka, opinion varied from "It tastes like some sort of cough medicine ... Yum" to "It tastes like some sort of cough medicine ... Yuck". I think I will buy Mimpkin a bottle of Night Nurse to use in lieu of Creme de Menthe for Christmas.

She's right about the Goldwasser though - that's really nice
In Recordeo Speramus

crystalball
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/felters

Post by crystalball » Sun May 24, 2009 10:24

mimpkin wrote:Crystalball, thank you for my new favorite drink, I'm now on my third! (well, it is bank holiday weekend . . .) I did it slightly different though, I put the juice of half a lemon in and a little mineral water, lovely! No sugar though, too much like fizzy drinks for me then.
Glad you liked it. I don't put any sugar in either actually but, in the past, a couple of my victims found fresh lemon juice a bit too much. You're clearly hardcore and I salute you.

We need a vodka thread, don't we?

stolenwine
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stolenwine/

Post by stolenwine » Sun May 24, 2009 15:02

last night i learned that rum + ginger ale is not so good. vodka + ginger ale on the other hand, is ace! i forgot how much i used to drink those smirnoff mule thingies and how yummy they were.

crystalball, that lemon juice drinks sounds so good! i'm going to try it out (but i'll probably add a tiny bit of sugar)
tell me how good it is / to wake from a bad dream / and have someone there and I will tell you / how butterfly wings stay dry in the rain
--
stolen wine social

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Sun May 24, 2009 16:00

I love rum with ginger ale!

Vodka and ginger is really nice though, especially a vanilla or raspberry vodka.

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Sun May 24, 2009 18:05

i got a bit carried away and i now have gin and ginger beer. not so great, drinkable though.
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip