cycle routes, london to paris?

football, cricket, darts, athletics - the lot
brian

cycle routes, london to paris?

Post by brian » Tue Jan 05, 2010 00:46

hey anorak cyclists,

I'm thinking of cycling from london to paris this summer, have any of you done it before? I'm looking for an interesting route, more scenic less gruelling, not looking to do it in a world record time, more a nice little ride through the french countryside with some stereolab on the ipod. I reckon on averaging 50 mile or so a day apart from the first stretch to dover which is about 70 ish.

any advice on routes, nice places to stay etc would be much appreciated. I was also thinking of using a sat nav but I think they're pretty expensive for bikes so it might have to be the old ordinance survey :)

String Bean Jen
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/string_bean_jen/

Re: cycle routes, london to paris?

Post by String Bean Jen » Tue Jan 05, 2010 20:52

Brian! I had no idea you were an avid cyclist. Good luck with this! I've never done a lengthy bike ride. I'm shaking enough today after my first Surrey Quays -> Dalston round trip.
There's more than one use for every part

brian

Re: cycle routes, london to paris?

Post by brian » Wed Jan 06, 2010 00:02

yeah, I get around :) do about eight miles a day to work and back. I done london to brighton a while ago which was surprisingly easy so want to try something a little more challenging. Having said that, I'm no Lance Armstrong, I'm more of a cruiser than a speed merchant. I seen your bike on facebook, it's the coolest!

hope you had lovely holidays, maybe see you at some indie pop events in 2010 x.