Telephone Wires - an indiepop fanzine

promote, discuss, start your fanzine here!
alongwaltz

Telephone Wires - an indiepop fanzine

Post by alongwaltz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 15:13

I have officially begun work on my first pop fanzine. I make tons of perzines and I've put out a couple fanzines about my local music scene and put out two issues of my label zine but this is the first one I'll have made with the specific intention of it just being an old-fashioned pop zine. I mean zines like Bottle Rocket and Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams are the reasons I started making zines in the first place so it's only fair.

Issue #1 should be out late March or early April and the theme is "debuts." I'll be chatting with bands about their debut albums, first songs, debut gigs, early bands, and more.

I want to stagger my reveal of the contents listing but I can say at this time that The Tuts will be the cover stars of this issue. I'll be talking to them all about their new debut album so if you have any questions, feel free to send them my way.

humblebee
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/atomicbeatboy

Re: Telephone Wires - an indiepop fanzine

Post by humblebee » Fri Feb 05, 2016 15:25

alongwaltz wrote:I have officially begun work on my first pop fanzine. I make tons of perzines and I've put out a couple fanzines about my local music scene and put out two issues of my label zine but this is the first one I'll have made with the specific intention of it just being an old-fashioned pop zine. I mean zines like Bottle Rocket and Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams are the reasons I started making zines in the first place so it's only fair.
If it's anything like those two, it'll be awesome! Looking forward to it already.

timahall
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/timahall

Post by timahall » Tue Feb 09, 2016 18:43

Ah, fantastic stuff. Now that Candy Twist is more, we need a new regular pop zine!

alongwaltz

Post by alongwaltz » Sat Feb 20, 2016 13:42

I'm up to 6 long-form interviews for this issue so far. As previously mentioned, The Tuts will be the cover stars discussing their debut album in-depth. I've also just completed interviews with Seattle twee pop legend Dennis Driscoll and Peruvian noisepop quartet Eva & John.

alongwaltz

Post by alongwaltz » Fri Mar 04, 2016 15:20

Diet Cig and Franny & Zooey are the next two long-form interviews I can confirm.

Just started doing a bunch of one-question interviews with a whole list of other artists as well on the topics of debut gigs, first releases, first songs, and early bands. One month to launch date!

alongwaltz

Post by alongwaltz » Thu Mar 17, 2016 19:46

Okay, full information!

Telephone Wires #1 will be out April 5. Release party in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. On sale worldwide through Etsy the next day.

The theme of this issue is "debuts and firsts."

long-form interviews with The Tuts, Dennis Driscoll, Diet Cig, Eva & John, My Light Shines For You, and Franny & Zooey
My First Band by members of Hooded Fang, Sleuth, and The Haircuts
My First Release by Grave Pool and Blimp Rock
My First Gig by Ings
My First Song by Davina Shell of Thee Ahs
a fashion article on anoraks by Nina Hayes-Thompson
+ a couple other little things

I think we're looking at about 50+ pages in half-page format.

alongwaltz

Post by alongwaltz » Fri Mar 25, 2016 14:02

alongwaltz

Post by alongwaltz » Mon Apr 04, 2016 16:06

Final two updates:

1) The zine is finished and on sale now!
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/2883724 ... op-fanzine

2) I made a complimentary mixtape featuring songs from all the featured artists, including an exclusive track from Davina Shell of Thee Ahs - the very first song she ever wrote!
http://8tracks.com/fallenlove/telephone-wires-1-debuts