questions about feet

we don't know but perhaps a fellow anorak will - ask them here
kingofpartick
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: questions about feet

Post by kingofpartick » Wed Apr 02, 2008 09:15

squirrelboutique wrote:Is it possible that Lynsey's foot trouble could be related to the inordinate amount of time she spends biting large nuts?
I remember when all this was fields

knibbles

Post by knibbles » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:40

Here's all you need to know in a cut out and keep handy information picture, Longwalkhome;
Marcystretch.jpg
Marcystretch.jpg (56.72 KiB) Viewed 7906 times
Now, the only thing is, you will not notice any improvement for at least 4 weeks, probably more like 6. Lots of people do it for a couple of weeks then give up because they don't think it's working, but it will work if you stick with it.

As for pretty shoes, as long as they are deep and wide enough, you should be able to buy whichever shoes you fancy and put your arch supports in them. You might find that they start working once you've done all your stretching.

So yeah, you need to find a book to use that is just the right height. You need to find one where when you do your stretch you can feel it up the back of your leg but it doesn't actually hurt. You might need to start quite low if your gastrox is really tight, then as it loosens you might need to use thicker and thicker books. Good luck!
Daddy is dead on a sunshine day

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Wed Apr 02, 2008 13:47

That's the handiest sheep I ever did see in that drawing there. I'd like a sheep to help me with my feet.

roobee

Post by roobee » Wed Apr 02, 2008 14:01

I wish I had a foot problem so I could get a cut out and keep handy information picture. That's the best thing I've seen today. And today I saw cows roaming on the motorway.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Wed Apr 02, 2008 15:37

It's really hard to draw wool in MSPaint. Stop making fun of Knibbles's ability to draw animal coverings.

knibbles

Post by knibbles » Wed Apr 02, 2008 15:40

Actually, it's a fat ferret.

It's well hard drawing things without a mouse and just with a lap top scrolly thing. That's why it doesn't look as much like a fat ferret as it should.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Wed Apr 02, 2008 15:45

I think you're onto something with this foot advice ferret.

He or She needs a clever name.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Wed Apr 02, 2008 15:56

I'm for Phalange.

knibbles

Post by knibbles » Wed Apr 02, 2008 16:00

Motion carried.

Poor ferret. Fancy being called Phalange.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Wed Apr 02, 2008 16:13

Should we begin future queries in this thread with "Dear Phalange"?

linus

Post by linus » Wed Apr 02, 2008 18:46

I'm going at my feet with a stanley knife and a hammer just so I can get a good seeing to by phalange the phoot phixing pherret who probably listens to phish the phucking hippie

can I raise a sensitive foot problem on behalf of a friend?

hard skin on your heels, or rather this friend's heels, how should this friend best treat this most cheesey of afflictions? is it a do it this friend's self home project or should they see somebody in a parlour with the necessary implements and the required certification?

alongwalkhome

Post by alongwalkhome » Wed Apr 02, 2008 18:56

knibbles wrote:Here's all you need to know in a cut out and keep handy information picture, Longwalkhome;
Marcystretch.jpg
OH, Doctor Knibbles, how can I ever thank you enough?!? This is WAY above and beyond the call of duty and you are a superstar. I should offer to kiss your feet because that would be appropriate but you are too far away!!

I will take great pleasure in stepping on the horrible business books I have to edit! And I am running out to by a Trainer Sheep RIGHT NOW!!!

*mwah mwah* (<---maybe a little tongue slip too)

You are the bomb diggity shit and I will keep you posted on my progress.

p.s.--I am sorry about my oppressive carpet. It represents my (gastrocnemius) pain. I will replace it with a much more enlightened color now that I have your pearls of foot wisdom!

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Wed Apr 02, 2008 19:00

Linus! Get you (your friend) a pumice stone.

I use one and it's nice for having soft feet bottoms.

I should point out I am neither a pherret nor a phoot expert.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Wed Apr 02, 2008 19:40

I just spent five minutes being extra-impressed by the perspective in that drawing there.

It's like I'm right there in the room with Marcy and Phalange.

knibbles

Post by knibbles » Wed Apr 02, 2008 19:59

linus wrote:I'm going at my feet with a stanley knife and a hammer just so I can get a good seeing to by phalange the phoot phixing pherret who probably listens to phish the phucking hippie

can I raise a sensitive foot problem on behalf of a friend?

hard skin on your heels, or rather this friend's heels, how should this friend best treat this most cheesey of afflictions? is it a do it this friend's self home project or should they see somebody in a parlour with the necessary implements and the required certification?
Snorkachu and squirrelboutique are on to something. I would recommend getting a nice foot file. Body shop do a lovely one with a nice wooden handle and what looks like sand paper on the end. Give them a good rub over once or twice a week, after a bath or shower is easiest, and use a moisturising cream like E45 daily. If the heels really do have a lot of hard skin on them and are perhaps cracking a bit, the best cream I have come across is called Flexitol Australian Heel Balm, they sell it at most big chemists or supermarkets. Although you need to use it every day if you can, and leave it in to soak for a fair while before walking around again. I always suggest to people that if you are a keen follower of soaps then they put it on before Eastenders starts and then put your feet up and then by the time Peggy has finished slapping Pat or Bianca's finished shouting at Ricky or whatever it is they do, your feet will be all soft and lovely and ready to dance the night away.

Oooh, longwalkhomathon, if your feet are still playing up in July when you come over, bring your inserts in and I will cast a beady eye over them for you. And remember, always do as Phalange the Fat Ferret says. He knows where it's at or something.

linus

Post by linus » Wed Apr 02, 2008 20:42

you should have ended that post with 'right, kids?' and a double thumbs up

I'll pass this advice on to this friend with the hard skin

'thank you', says that friend, 'I'll take more care in future'

good foot care is after all good manners

alongwalkhome

Post by alongwalkhome » Wed Apr 02, 2008 20:53

knibbles wrote:Oooh, longwalkhomathon, if your feet are still playing up in July when you come over, bring your inserts in and I will cast a beady eye over them for you. And remember, always do as Phalange the Fat Ferret says. He knows where it's at or something.
Hand over heart, I will listen to Phlanange because I know he will bite my ankles if I don't. I will never call him a "sheep" again because he weed on my oppressive carpet for that.

I was so motivated by your helpful diagram that I called a orthodics-maker dude, whose name I've been carrying around on a rumpled piece of paper in my coat pocket for at least a year, to make an appt. for new insoles. The ones I have are squished and clearly doing jack shit for me. *Phalange nods in agreement*

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Wed Apr 02, 2008 21:55

humblebee
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/atomicbeatboy

Post by humblebee » Thu Apr 03, 2008 08:44

This is the best thread ever.

a layer of chips

Post by a layer of chips » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:51

She's had someone pretend to be her boyfriend just so that can happen.