Skin Queries

we don't know but perhaps a fellow anorak will - ask them here
squirrelboutique

Skin Queries

Post by squirrelboutique » Sun Jun 01, 2008 19:56

A few months ago I started having some issues with the skin on my face breaking out and looking kind of red and even peeling a little. I'd had a massive, ridiculous bout of hives at Christmas and thought it was an aftereffect sort of thing, so I just stuck to washing my face with this gentle facial wash stuff.

It wasn't getting any better, so I made an appointment with a dermatologist and then, gasp!, bought some of that Proactive stuff like P. Diddy said I should. I didn't do it for Diddy. I did it because a couple summers ago when I was breaking out it cleared up my face completely. I've been using it for just over a week, and my skin is nearly completely back to normal.

I'm still going to go to the dermatologist, but I've never been to one for this sort of problem. Is she going to yell at me for listening to P. Diddy and Jessica Simpson? Also, I never go into a doctor and ask specifically for any prescription, but can I tell her that I'd like the prescription equivalent to Proactive? It'll save me lots of money because that way I can get it through my insurance.

alongwalkhome

Re: Skin Queries

Post by alongwalkhome » Sun Jun 01, 2008 23:41

What are the ingredients? I know it's prolly a mile long, but that will help.

I need something too. I'm red and peely as well.

squirrelboutique

Re: Skin Queries

Post by squirrelboutique » Mon Jun 02, 2008 00:01

Benzoyl peroxide is the only listed active ingredient in the cleanser and repairing lotion, and then some other stuff that I don't understand and herbal extracts. Now, I know the benzoyl peroxide is in pretty much every over the counter acne treatment, but this stuff clears up my face without making it all dry and red. I think the toner is pretty moisturizing or something, and it has glyciolic acid, which helps shed dead skin.

And the cleanser has really finely ground apricot pits for exfoliation.

I don't think it's a miracle working product, but I think it has all the right stuff in it. I'm just going to get the nerve up to ask my dermatologist if she can help me buy similar less expensive things that I can use in combination with each other.