bad customer service experience - please help!

we don't know but perhaps a fellow anorak will - ask them here
cupcake_love
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/allishollow

bad customer service experience - please help!

Post by cupcake_love » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:38 am

ive run into a very annoying sitauation with a record mailorder and i need a second opinion.

i ordered a bunch of records back in january, a lot of which were out of print and listed as "rarities", which i then obviously expected to be in stock. i also ordered a lot of "filling", since i figured itd save me some on postage.

the first (he claimed, but so far only) batch of records i received was 10 (!) weeks after my time of order and only included "filling" :(
i asked for status updates several times, and insisted we kept the extended orders. at a point i wanted to cancel, but he seemed offended, since he ordered these "specifically for me".

another issue was the payment. originally when placing the order on the website, i typed in my credit card through a safe payment type of transfer, but when they wanted to despatch my order, since it had taken so long, the reservation was no longer held, they claimed that they needed all my credit card details and i had to call my bank and manually get the transfer to go through because they don't allow unsafe payments. it was a lot of hassle.

anyway, so another one of my not-very-wanted records got in, i was informed on the 17th, where i replied immediately and asked for a paypal account due to moving out of the country in two weeks, as well as cancelling the rest of the order. 4 days later, he replied back - not happy with me cancelling (but in all honest, my economical situation looked completely different 5 months ago!), but told me to at least pay for the record they got in now, but refuse to accept paypal, claiming that it isn't easy with receiving money, telling me to either do a bank transfer (which will cost me £20 - as much as the not-very-wanted record!) or send cash. of course i was intending to pay, but i just feel like they are not meeting me at all. since it took them 4 days to respond to my message, my move is now only 7 days bank days away, which will mean that even if they shipped out the record today (from the uk), i probably wouldnt receieve it, and paying for a record i wont be able to listen to, is just not my idea of fun. esp not since i am low on money.

i have been shopping online for almost a decade and never had to go through anything like this. it shouldnt be this complicated to order records, sigh. this whole experience has been nothing but exhausting. i just want this to be over.

anorak, what should i do? i am too tired of think straight. please help!

Trev
Last.fm: lostmusic

Re: bad customer service experience - please help!

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Cancel your order and don't feel guilty about it.
not really here

String Bean Jen
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/string_bean_jen/

Post by String Bean Jen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Agree with Trev. And possibly name the mail order so others don't make the same mistake ordering from them.
There's more than one use for every part

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:43 pm

They're taking the piss. Cancel the order, don;t give them another penny. You should name names.
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

RITH
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/RITH

Post by RITH » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 pm

cupcake_love wrote:they claimed that they needed all my credit card details and i had to call my bank and manually get the transfer to go through because they don't allow unsafe payments. it was a lot of hassle.
I've never heard anything like this, really. Just cancel.