video gammmmmmesss

PCs, laptops, macs, mp3 players, consoles, peripherals
soft revolution
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/duncydunc

Re: video gammmmmmesss

Post by soft revolution » Tue Aug 12, 2008 16:58

Good old X-box with it's super chunky controlers - what other games did you get, I bet there's some awesome 4 player stuff?
postalblue wrote:I'm very tempted to get a 360. Does anyone know if the 3RL issue has been fixed yet?
What's the 3RL issue?
And by me, I mean, Flexo.

postalblue
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/music/postal+blue

Post by postalblue » Tue Aug 12, 2008 22:45

soft revolution wrote:Good old X-box with it's super chunky controlers - what other games did you get, I bet there's some awesome 4 player stuff?
postalblue wrote:I'm very tempted to get a 360. Does anyone know if the 3RL issue has been fixed yet?
What's the 3RL issue?
From wikipedia:
"The Xbox 360 video game console is subject to a number of technical problems that can render it unusable. Some, but not all, of these problems are identified as "general hardware failures," and are indicated by three flashing red lights around the power button. Since its release in 2005, many articles have appeared in the media portraying the Xbox 360's relatively high failure rates. The three "flashing red lights" have been nicknamed in these articles as the "Red Ring of Death" (or "RRoD")."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_t ... l_problems
New Postal Blue single out now on Cloudberry Records.
There are still copies of our Road to Happiness CD-EP here.
http://www.postalblue.net

La-Di-Da

Post by La-Di-Da » Mon Aug 18, 2008 23:41

Who wants to play shooting each other on GTA4?
We're Geoff Titts on 360.

soft revolution

Post by soft revolution » Mon Aug 18, 2008 23:46

Woah woah woah.

GTA4 has online play?

And here I am wasting my time on Halo 3.

La-Di-Da

Post by La-Di-Da » Mon Aug 18, 2008 23:53

Yus!
You can have a go on helicopters and race boats and do drive by shootings.
Yeah!

La-Di-Da

Post by La-Di-Da » Sat Aug 23, 2008 00:47

Who wants to play GTA4 then?
Anyone?
You get to shoot JamieC!

Sam

Post by Sam » Tue Oct 21, 2008 14:57

Post revival!

I'm currently re-playing the Silent Hill games in eager anticipation of Homecoming. Hoping to buy a 360 this weekend, but slightly concerned about the '3 lights of doom'...

Anyone played the new Alone in the Dark? It looks good...
Windmills do not work that way! Good night.

mae
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by mae » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:52

ooo, a new game came out here today that's almost exactly like animal crossing except you're a magician! it's by konami and it's for the DS. It looks cute like animal crossing and you fish and catch bugs and things like animal crossing, but you can also do magic, i guess. look!

i didn't buy it because i'd rather have it in english. i hear it's coming out in the US in February under the name Little Magician's Magic Adventure (not such a good name.) i hope it comes out in the UK too.

it's torture seeing all the games here before they come out in england and not being able to play them properly. harvest moon, waku waku animal march came out recently too.

SophieC
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/jamiec

Post by SophieC » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:02

fallout 3 looks so unbelievably fucking good, that i've had to install a chastity device to stop myself being permanently priapic. when i get an internet i'm locking myself in my bedroom with a vat of soup and a bucket to piss in. see you in six months.
When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'the People's Stick.'

Big Nose

Post by Big Nose » Thu Nov 13, 2008 22:05

JamieC wrote:fallout 3 looks so unbelievably fucking good, that i've had to install a chastity device to stop myself being permanently priapic. when i get an internet i'm locking myself in my bedroom with a vat of soup and a bucket to piss in. see you in six months.
It is pretty amazing. The first 20 or so minutes were jaw-droppingly really good. Completely astoundingly good. I am rarely drop jawed by computer games these days (not since Jet Set Willy, or to a lesser extent Half-Life) but my jaw was well and truly dropped.
My apple pies go off today.

Murray

Post by Murray » Fri Nov 14, 2008 14:52

I got an Xbox 360 for my birthday (way too old to be excited by this fact really, but raaaaaar!) and have started the 'Legends' section on Pro Evo 9. I'm currently a 17 year old who's signed to 'Wearside' and am only taking part in training games, but I scored my first goal last night with a diving header. I felt genuinely thrilled and watched the replay from every possible angle.

Is it sad to be living life vicariously through a bunch of prettily arranged pixels?

Big Nose

Post by Big Nose » Fri Nov 14, 2008 15:02

gloom button wrote:I think I fined someone once in anger for missing a penalty. Me and my brother were briefly obsessed with getting Plymouth Argyle to the first division. I think probably then Colonization came out or something.

Actually I was thinking about finding Colonization again. I remember it being the best thing ever.
Theres a swanky new version out which is pretty great. It's almost identical gameplay to the old one but has fancy graphics and that.
My apple pies go off today.

soft revolution

Post by soft revolution » Fri Nov 14, 2008 23:06

Big Nose wrote:
gloom button wrote:I think I fined someone once in anger for missing a penalty. Me and my brother were briefly obsessed with getting Plymouth Argyle to the first division. I think probably then Colonization came out or something.

Actually I was thinking about finding Colonization again. I remember it being the best thing ever.
Theres a swanky new version out which is pretty great. It's almost identical gameplay to the old one but has fancy graphics and that.
I keep playing Civilization 4 on the setting where you all start off in a really tight space in Europe and have to colonize the new world. It sends shivers down my spine when you first come across the coast of the unsettled continent.

Sam

Post by Sam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 13:42

my flatmate and i bought Beautiful Katamari the other day and i should've been up until 2am, wired from too much coffee desperately trying to get 25m in 6mins, but instead i got really angry at getting stuck everywhere and threw the controller down and stropped off to bed at 12.30... We Love Katamari is much better even taking into account that the 360 game looks prettier...

La-Di-Da

Post by La-Di-Da » Fri Nov 21, 2008 17:51

Isn't it just the same as We Love Katamari, but on the 360?
I'm confused.
I did used to like playing Katamari songs at our clubnight at 2am though.
That was brill.

Right. I want to play Condemned 2, just from looking at the box and reading the back of it.
Do I need to play Condemned before I play it? My housemate said I probably should.
In Stevie D's they've got them both for £20 (£8 and £12) second hand.
Has anyone played them and should I bother getting both?
What to do!
I want to hit someone with a pipe so bad.

Also, why is CoD4 still £30 second hand?
Fuck!
That's almost an entire dress.

Sam

Post by Sam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 17:56

La-Di-Da wrote:Isn't it just the same as We Love Katamari, but on the 360?
I'm confused.
I did used to like playing Katamari songs at our clubnight at 2am though.
That was brill.
Nay - they're two different games. The soundtrack to We Love Katamari rules the school though - I'm pretty sure one of the songs is Pizzicato Five... If I was in a club and that stuff came on I'd be so chuffed!

Modern Antiquarian
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/berlininthe30s

Post by Modern Antiquarian » Fri Nov 21, 2008 21:08

JamieC wrote:fallout 3 looks so unbelievably fucking good, that i've had to install a chastity device to stop myself being permanently priapic. when i get an internet i'm locking myself in my bedroom with a vat of soup and a bucket to piss in. see you in six months.
I got that! I loved the first two. Ironically (in the best Alanis Morissette interpretation of the word) I've been trying to install it for 4 days now when I have the genuine 3 dimensional apocalyptic wasteland of Swindon right outside my front door!

frogblast
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/frogblast

Post by frogblast » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:25

i've been playing half life 2 for the first time this week. 'tis very fun. although those fucking little face hugger headcrab things have been causing me to get overly angry with the computer
Sun like honey on the floor,
Warm as the steps by our back door.

hijacktheparade
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by hijacktheparade » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:35

Kind of late to the discussion, but I wanted to say that I think Beautiful Katamari is the best in the series. Maybe my favorite soundtrack too. Paying for the extra stages wasn't cool, but I did it anyway because I'm a sucker.

Also, Fallout 3 is really good. I haven't even started Chrono Trigger DS because it's taking up all of my gaming time.

Sam

Post by Sam » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:38

hijacktheparade wrote:Kind of late to the discussion, but I wanted to say that I think Beautiful Katamari is the best in the series. Maybe my favorite soundtrack too. Paying for the extra stages wasn't cool, but I did it anyway because I'm a sucker.
Funny you should say that because I was going to retract my previous comments - I've finished it now and it was really awesome. I think I was just in a foul mood with it because I was stuck on a particular challenge! I still reckon that the best soundtrack is We Love Katamari though....