1. If it has DVD/RW it'll do what you wanthayleygerms wrote:LAPTOP HELP PLEASE.
Questions I have:
1. All the laptops we have looked at so far state that they have a DVD/RW drive - does this mean we can burn DVDs and also burn/rip CDs? (I know that's probably a dumb question but it's not something either of us pay attention to)
2. What brands of laptop are good, what brands should we avoid?
3. Our current laptop overheats and turns itself off a lot, it started doing this maybe 2/3 years ago so we bought a stand that raises it off the table and also has a fan in it. Is it worth getting another one of these (current one is knackered and part of it has melted) or are laptops sophisticated enough now to not have to do this?
2. Lots of people say that Lenovo are a good brand. Although I have no experience with them myself.
3. As your laptop is quite old it's most likely full of dust and it's also possible that the heat sink has started to come away from the cpu. Extra cooling is generally good but as far as I know most cpus run cooler these days. I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will be able to provide more information.
Hope this helps.