a pin badge idea!

like, y'know, crafty stuff, exercise, walking, gardening...
yyeeeesssssssssss

a pin badge idea!

Post by yyeeeesssssssssss » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:50 pm

i love making badges and recently ive found a great new thing to do. If you go to car bot sales or jumbles sales, try and pick up old annuals grange hill, football ones, girl guides, diane etc (diane are the best though). Then cut out all the little tiny pictures (the really litle ones) and you can make loads of great looking badges, girls from the 60s with great hair, footballers from the 70s with terrible hair or just about anything really!

wrapyrtroubles
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/egg_fang

Re: a pin badge idea!

Post by wrapyrtroubles » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:53 am

oh that's a great idea. those annuals can be silly prices, i see them in the trendy thrift shops in brighton for £5! i had a phase of making badges of paper from the inside of envelopes, sometimes they have nice patterns in pretty colours. what else. ooh - exhibition guides from art galleries. there's usually some interesting images in those and they're free too. i tried to make badge of pavement once. it was a cheesy pic of them from a music mag, they looked like they'd had a good wash and everyone thought it was a boyzone badge *sadface*

yyeeeesssssssssss

Post by yyeeeesssssssssss » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:51 am

wrapyrtroubles wrote:oh that's a great idea. those annuals can be silly prices, i see them in the trendy thrift shops in brighton for £5! i had a phase of making badges of paper from the inside of envelopes, sometimes they have nice patterns in pretty colours. what else. ooh - exhibition guides from art galleries. there's usually some interesting images in those and they're free too. i tried to make badge of pavement once. it was a cheesy pic of them from a music mag, they looked like they'd had a good wash and everyone thought it was a boyzone badge *sadface*
Crikey 'the south' does send terribly expensive! £5 is an awful lot of money for a book im sure you could buy a house in Mansfield for £5, ive got millions of those books(well about 15) i just tend to give ive them away. Thats a good idea about the inside of envelopes ive never thought about that before. My printers ran out of ink and i need to satisfy my pin badge addiction, i think i'll mutilate a comic book later.
what kind of badge maker do you have is it the big metal one that looks like a big machine from an oil refinery?

linus

Post by linus » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:35 pm

bloody oxfam bookshop in nottingham had the 1980 starburst annual for a fiver

it cost me 80p originally* and is- in a world not gone mad- probably worth about 15 pence

bring back jumble and rummage sales- you could pick up tat for tuppence and give it a loving home

even car booters are full of tinpot mussolini's selling old blue peter annuals for the price of a week in the algarve**

*this is a guess

**I'm exagerrating

yyeeeesssssssssss

Post by yyeeeesssssssssss » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:49 pm

linus wrote:bloody oxfam bookshop in nottingham had the 1980 starburst annual for a fiver

it cost me 80p originally* and is- in a world not gone mad- probably worth about 15 pence

bring back jumble and rummage sales- you could pick up tat for tuppence and give it a loving home

even car booters are full of tinpot mussolini's selling old blue peter annuals for the price of a week in the algarve**

*this is a guess

**I'm exagerrating
Which car boot do you go to? i bought 8 on sunday at colwick car boot they cost 20p each.
My favourite one is a 'jimmy olsen, supermans friend' annual its from 1951 and on the inside it says "merry christmas Bertie, sorry theres not much this year, love mum and dad"