photography!

like, y'know, crafty stuff, exercise, walking, gardening...
plath

Re: photography!

Post by plath » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:54 am

northernlight wrote:I noticed that a few people have posted that they have Dianas. I am wondering how they have got on with theirs, and whether they have any tips for using this?
That course sounds fantastic! I wish I could do something like that. I have a Diana mini but my experience is really short. I only finished 2 films and I was a bit disappointed with the results, especially because of changing formats (half-frame and square). They're cool but the film cut wasn't always where it was supposed to be. I only got a couple of pictures with the half-frame, where you can see half and half. Hm, I'm not sure I'm explaining it too well. I've also tried to look for tips and stuff, but most of the times what you read is that you have to experiment. I wish I had a Holga instead, or any other. I'm always thinking I should buy more rolls and keep on taking photos, but it was only yesterday that my friend borrowed it for a few months that she'll be away in Sweden. Maybe when she comes back or maybe when I buy one of those cheap toy cameras that I keep reading about. Please keep posting here.
A D A D Em7 Fdim D7/F#

RSJ

link to 20% off 120 film processing, anyone?

Post by RSJ » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:15 pm

hello folks

anyone shooting Holga / Diana 120 films might be interested in this - just been forwarded that the whole picture online are knocking 20% of film orders through September, if you link back to them (i.e. this post...like some sort of never ending mobius loop...). have used them (120 film processing) a few times with decent success, they're happy enough to cross-process, pull-push etc without any extra charges - hope this is taken in the right spirit of "let's all save some money", rather than "don't spam us!".

all the best

rob

brian

Re: photography!

Post by brian » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:59 am

hello,

I need some help please. I have a canon ixus 100is digital camera which I'm very happy with and have recently started messing around with the video function but for the life of me cannot work out how to turn off the built in mic! This is particularly annoying as I'd like to edit some music over the footage I've shot but can't do this without the background noise of the original footage coming through. Does anyone know if it's possible to turn the in built mic off on digital cameras such as this? there is a mute option in the menu but that only seems to mute the function noises i.e. shutter noise etc.... I can't imagine they'd design a camera and have no way of turning the mic off? or is it possible for me to seperate the audio from the footage after downloading to my mac? this doesn't seem to be possible, I can upload music over the footage but the original noise picked up from the mic still comes through!!

please help, if I sound totally clueless, well that's because I am!