Pokemon (Go)

like, y'know, crafty stuff, exercise, walking, gardening...
Yex
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/yex

Pokemon (Go)

Post by Yex » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Don't know how many of you grew up in the original era of Pokemon (I think I'm somewhat younger than most here), but what with the fact that it's suddenly a huge craze again, I thought I'd make a general Pokemon thread, Go and otherwise.

I might start out with a general poll: what's your favorite Pokemon?

Mine's always been Drowzee. Drowzee/Hypno was my main Pokemon back in the day, a champion whose level was always far higher than the others in my party. I think he looks cool, and his concept is delightfully creepy (a creature that eats people's dreams for sustenance, sucking them out through your nose as you sleep).

Anyway, if no one else likes Pokemon, you can always just use this thread to shame and ridicule me. Nothing wrong with a good Two Minutes Hate now and then.

humblebee wrote:Yex, what's that siren? Quick, hide! I think it's the Eleven Music Distraction Police. They've been alerted to your outrageous crimes against the definition of a country!

tonieee
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee

Re: Pokemon (Go)

Post by tonieee » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:21 pm

It's been a big craze for it in our household for about the last ten years due to having a (currently) 13 year old resident here.

There's massive disappointment at the moment though as Pokemon Go is not compatible with his phone (it's an older Android phone) and he can't get it to work on his tablet either.

I've a feeling I may be having to fork out for a new phone and a bigger data contract soon...

I've never played the video games (though Ralph has about half a dozen of them) but I've seen the cartoon and played the card game loads. Whenever we play the card game there always seem to be a new, never before revealed rule that means I lose.

I don't know enough about Pokemon to have a favourite (there's millions of them, how does anybody even remember what they are!) but I do have a favourite Pokemon joke:

* How do you get Pikachu on the bus?
* Poke 'im on!

noLooking

Post by noLooking » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:47 pm

tonieee wrote:I've a feeling I may be having to fork out for a new phone and a bigger data contract soon...
Good job you'll be mayor soon.

tonieee
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee

Post by tonieee » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:01 pm

andyi wrote:
tonieee wrote:I've a feeling I may be having to fork out for a new phone and a bigger data contract soon...
Good job you'll be mayor soon.
Especially with the billion quid I'll be getting from China!