General Stuff People Want to Know

29-31 July 2016: "a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance"
squirrelboutique

General Stuff People Want to Know

Post by squirrelboutique » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:08 pm

This is the thread where people in the know and experienced Indietracks goers answer questions for those of us out of the know.

My question, though I know it's been sort of thrown around before, is about vegetarian food. Are cheesy chips the only option for real? I'm not a fussy eater, but I currently can't eat anything that isn't low fat or fat free.

Can I bring in some fruit and stuff?

linus

Re: General Stuff People Want to Know

Post by linus » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:22 pm

Stuart should probably field that one (or at least someobody close to the organising) as otherwise you'll just have a bunch of anecdotal stuff from last year that might put da willies up ya'

and on that note, I smuggled a baby sweetcorn and two petit pois in my speedos last year and nobody said a word

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Oooh, my next question is what is a petit pois?

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:25 pm

it's a small pea

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:26 pm

I just got that.

I'm not very bright.

I'm also going to go ahead and admit that I'm already trying to decide what to wear.

hayleygerms
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/andyandhayley

Post by hayleygerms » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Not only have I pretty much decided what I'm going to wear for both days, I have constructed two alternate wardrobe plans for hot weather and cold weather. This possibly shows that I lead a sad and lonely life with little to no social interaction outside of work. Or it might show that I am a super organised person with weather-predicting and fashion co-ordination skills to envy someone with a degree in fashion and meteorology. I'm going for the second one because it makes me feel better about myself.
you buried my son under a knicker factory

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:58 pm

I don't have alternate weather plans!

Eeep! Maybe adding tights and cardigans to the current planned outfits if it gets a little cold? I'm pretty sure that not much will feel very hot to me after escaping the hell that is Florida in July.

I'm blaming having to pack nearly four weeks in advance for my preplanning.

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:24 pm

you can buy clothes here, raquel

hayleygerms

Post by hayleygerms » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:29 pm

To be completely honest, my planned alternate wardrobe for cold weather that I bigged up so much really only consists of adding tights and a cardigan, so I reckon you're on to a winner with that. Also, if the weather goes completely mental, we do have shops here.

in search of lazy jane

Post by in search of lazy jane » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:27 am

Food.

I think the railway's learned from last year that there'll be an unusually high percentage of vegetarians.

There's the railway's own cafe which does a selection of meals and snacks like sandwiches, chips, hot & cold drinks etc. inc vegetarian options.

There's a gift shop next to it that also sells stuff like chocolate / ice creams.

Last year there was the BBQ in the evenings, which'll again happen, there'll likely be two of these, one vegi one not.

There'll also be a donut van and a burger van. The burger van does vegi burgers which it's stated will be cooked on a different grill.

There'll *may* be an additional marquee selling tea/coffee & cakes which'll have some bands / DJs in.

There are no restrictions on bringing food onto the site (for your own consumption).

Drink.

There are restictions on bringing alcohol on site - you can't. And be warned - it's part of our licensing terms that we have to do bag searches this year when you enter the site to prevent this.

The bar arrangements will be pretty much the same as last year, the main bar in the loco shed where the main stage is (with a large selection of real ales), a bar on the carriage stationery outside this shed which'll be a bit of a quiet zone, and there'll be a bar on the steam train.

There'll be extra toilets this year as well.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:35 am

I thank you!

hayleygerms

Post by hayleygerms » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:43 am

If anyone needs to find me, I shall be sat by the donut van for the whole weekend.

jayen_aitch
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/jayen_aitch/

Post by jayen_aitch » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:10 am

will you be the one with a donut on every finger?

hayleygerms

Post by hayleygerms » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:20 am

Every finger, every toe, and as many as I can shove in my mouth and still retain a slice of dignity.

JamieC
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/jamiec

Post by JamieC » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:39 pm

in search of lazy jane wrote:Food.

I think the railway's learned from last year that there'll be an unusually high percentage of vegetarians.

There's the railway's own cafe which does a selection of meals and snacks like sandwiches, chips, hot & cold drinks etc. inc vegetarian options.

There's a gift shop next to it that also sells stuff like chocolate / ice creams.

Last year there was the BBQ in the evenings, which'll again happen, there'll likely be two of these, one vegi one not.

There'll also be a donut van and a burger van. The burger van does vegi burgers which it's stated will be cooked on a different grill.

There'll *may* be an additional marquee selling tea/coffee & cakes which'll have some bands / DJs in.

There are no restrictions on bringing food onto the site (for your own consumption).

Drink.

There are restictions on bringing alcohol on site - you can't. And be warned - it's part of our licensing terms that we have to do bag searches this year when you enter the site to prevent this.

The bar arrangements will be pretty much the same as last year, the main bar in the loco shed where the main stage is (with a large selection of real ales), a bar on the carriage stationery outside this shed which'll be a bit of a quiet zone, and there'll be a bar on the steam train.

There'll be extra toilets this year as well.
you are good to us stuart. you'd already got my juices flowing like a fucked tap, but BURGER VAN has just made all the liquid in my body shoot forcefully out the top of the head like a geyser in appreciation
When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'the People's Stick.'

Trev
Last.fm: lostmusic

Post by Trev » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:34 pm

in search of lazy jane wrote:There'll be extra toilets this year as well.
Yay! was worried about this!
not really here

Tomb
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tomb242

Post by Tomb » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:26 pm

in search of lazy jane wrote:There'll be extra toilets this year as well.
The indie tracks CAMRA branch says hurrah!

duanne99
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by duanne99 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:16 am

Will the bar onsite be a proper bar with hopefully local ales on tap ? or is it cans of carling from a dustbin full of cold water .......
Oh my god - So much to do and soooo little time !!!

boney
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/boneyboy

Post by boney » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:44 am

duanne99 wrote:Will the bar onsite be a proper bar with hopefully local ales on tap ? or is it cans of carling from a dustbin full of cold water .......
Cans for £2.50 last year. Stella, Strongbow that I recall.

linus

Post by linus » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:46 am

they did have some very reasonable bottled ales (local? I don't know) in the railway carriage and on the train

I think mark hibbett can testify to the merits, or otherwise, of those