Ripley Premier Inn

29-31 July 2016: "a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance"
Kate
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/duchess80

Re: Ripley Premier Inn

Post by Kate » Thu May 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Any idea what you have to do about car parking at the Premier Inn? Do you need to book it in advance or just arrive? I've never had to worry about this before but am hoping I'll actually be able to drive to it by end of July.

Trev
Last.fm: lostmusic

Post by Trev » Thu May 30, 2013 1:21 pm

It's free and no need to book it either. Just give yr reg number when you check in I think.

Kate
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/duchess80

Post by Kate » Thu May 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Cheers Trev:)

Murray

Post by Murray » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:35 pm

I'm just about to cancel my rip-off double room (assuming I can remember log-in details), so if you still need a room and are rich, give 'em a call soon - 0871 527 8934.

Trev

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:39 pm

I'm staying there again, this year. It might be my last indietracks (can't justify the cost any more - mainly the hotel), too, so I'll not have to worry about it in the future.

Who else is sticking with the Ripoffly Premier Inn this year?
not really here

Murray

Post by Murray » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Trev wrote:I'm staying there again, this year. It might be my last indietracks (can't justify the cost any more - mainly the hotel), too, so I'll not have to worry about it in the future.

Mainly for the hotel? Surely entirely for the hotel? At approx a pound per band / artist, Indietracks is top VFM!

Trev

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:57 pm

Murray wrote:
Trev wrote:I'm staying there again, this year. It might be my last indietracks (can't justify the cost any more - mainly the hotel), too, so I'll not have to worry about it in the future.

Mainly for the hotel? Surely entirely for the hotel? At approx a pound per band / artist, Indietracks is top VFM!
It costs between £500/£600 (maybe more!) for the weekend (hotel/booze/food/car hire etc). And I'm less fussed about the lineups at the moment given that I don't like a lot of the bands currently kicking around under the indiepop banner. So, for me, there is less incentive to spend that kind of money watching (mainly) bands I can see in London for a fraction of the cost.
not really here

hayleygerms
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/andyandhayley

Post by hayleygerms » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:52 pm

We're in a ridiculously cheap cottage this year, the premier inn proved way too expensive for us, although we did make a reservation so if any rich people want a room we'll be cancelling it in the next day or so.
you buried my son under a knicker factory

sideburnsjim
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/niceaction

Post by sideburnsjim » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:27 am

hayleygerms wrote:We're in a ridiculously cheap cottage this year, the premier inn proved way too expensive for us, although we did make a reservation so if any rich people want a room we'll be cancelling it in the next day or so.
What is the room cost Hayley? I may know people who would be interested.

linus

Post by linus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:50 am

£297 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night

linus

Post by linus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:52 am

I was really looking forward to cancelling the booking before 1pm on the day... to make a point

If people insist on staying there no matter what the cost, they'll only put the prices up again next year

Trev

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:18 am

a fog of ideas wrote:I was really looking forward to cancelling the booking before 1pm on the day... to make a point

If people insist on staying there no matter what the cost, they'll only put the prices up again next year
Agreed. But other options are limited if you rule out camping (which I do given my knackered old mans back).
not really here

Cloudy Cat
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by Cloudy Cat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:19 pm

We always stay in the Premier Inn near the M1. I think it's cheaper though the wife pays for our three nights and I pay for Indietracks tickets so maybe I'm on to a good deal.

Of course it's not walking distance from the site but as I drive it's not really an issue. I just have to make sure I've done all my alcoholic drinking before 4pm.

If anyone's staying at our PI and you need a lift at the end of the night seek out our pink Honda Jazz.

Silver Girl

Post by Silver Girl » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:09 pm

a fog of ideas wrote:I was really looking forward to cancelling the booking before 1pm on the day... to make a point

Currently at £337 for end weekend of July 2015...I mean really?
"I don't know who you're talking about..."

Trev

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:12 pm

Silver Girl wrote:

Yep - I'm bailing from the PI next year. Current landing place unknown.
not really here

darvé
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/darve

Post by darvé » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:59 pm

Silver Girl wrote:

Not that this is any way defending them, but it's the same price for the 3 weekends before as well so it may be that they're still working on their summer rates for 2015. Although i dont expect it to be any lower... Also, the £337 is a PRE PAY NO AMENDMENTS NO CANCELLATION rate, the flexible rate is £389.50!

It will still be full though wont it.. Which is a depressing thought.
and that snare drum, that drum roll
means we've got a winner

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:14 pm

Fuck the law, squat the lot.

I'm gonna ram-raid a bed warehouse and set up a shanty village for next year. I will also build a pool.

Sin dios!
Sin amo!
Sin Patria!
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

sweepingthenation
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/sweepingnation

Post by sweepingthenation » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:41 pm

davo wrote:

Not that this is any way defending them, but it's the same price for the 3 weekends before as well so it may be that they're still working on their summer rates for 2015. Although i dont expect it to be any lower... Also, the £337 is a PRE PAY NO AMENDMENTS NO CANCELLATION rate, the flexible rate is £389.50!

It will still be full though wont it.. Which is a depressing thought.
Isn't there an extra extra saver rate (possibly not actual title) that comes into effect nearer the time? I really don't see the logic in charging that much as a base rate when Travelodge is something like £35 a night when it goes on sale.

darvé
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/darve

Post by darvé » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:01 pm

I believe so, but i imagine that will only come into effect if/when they decide they havent filled up enough rooms.. i dont see that happening if/when 2015 gets announced.

We stayed in the Travelodge again this year and it was fine, they've refurbished it a bit, gave us a fan and were all very friendly/helpful. I'll be taking advantage (hopefully) of their normal priced rooms again next year - Unless Ray builds a waterslide too.

The Premier Inn can do one..
and that snare drum, that drum roll
means we've got a winner

a layer of chips

Post by a layer of chips » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm just putting it on expenses.Image