Liftsharing and minibus-sharing

29-31 July 2016: "a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance"
Andy...

Liftsharing and minibus-sharing

Post by Andy... » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi, we're thinking of making tentative enquires to see if a coach company might be interested in running a shuttle service back to Nottingham, Derby or somewhere else each night after the festival finishes. We know some of you are staying in these cities during the festival and there's lots of cheap accommodation in each city if you don't fancy camping.

Of course, sadly you'd have to pay to get the shuttle bus and it would probably only run after the festival finishes - it's quite easy to get to the festival by public transport during the day.

No promises, we can't be sure that this idea is possible at the moment. However, if anyone is vaguely interested in this idea, please email us on indietrackstravel@gmail.com by Friday 7 May and let us know:

a) where you'd like a shuttle bus to take you home to (e.g. Nottingham, Derby)
b) how many nights you might catch it (e.g. Friday, Saturday and Sunday)

There's no commitment on your part, we're just seeing whether anyone's interested. Please let us know and if enough people are interested, we'll see if it's possible!
Last edited by Andy... on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Girl
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Fancy getting a coach home from Indietracks?

Post by Silver Girl » Wed May 05, 2010 11:37 am

Ooo-eee, might I flag up potential interest for a 3-dayer to and from Sheffield? Thanks.
"I don't know who you're talking about..."

caramarydaisy

Post by caramarydaisy » Wed May 05, 2010 11:46 am

Silver Girl wrote:Ooo-eee, might I flag up potential interest for a 3-dayer to and from Sheffield? Thanks.
yep id be up for some of that!
i said OK! the wind said no

Andy...

Post by Andy... » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi, thanks to everyone that replied to this by email or on here. I think there were nine people that wanted to go to Nottingham, six for Derby, and a handful for Mansfield, Loughborough, West Bridgeford and Sheffield.

I've found out that is possible for a Proper Coach Company to run a service, but they want to be confident that they'll get about 30+ people, otherwise they cancel the service or the festival has to take the financial hit. So I don't think we have the numbers to commit to that for any of the destinations I'm afraid. The festival can't run a service itself unfortunately, because you need a licence to do that sort of thing.

What I think is possible, is for people to gather together independetly of the festival, book a minibus and split the cost. Which is pretty much what people have been doing on previous years anyway. So perhaps we could change this thread to a "Liftsharing and minibus-sharing" thread and put everyone in touch with each other?

a layer of chips

Post by a layer of chips » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:57 am

I've used MC Travel in previous years as a minibus services. As far as I can remember it's been about £60 for a twelve seater. As they say on young person's telly: you do the math(s).