Indietracks 2010 memories and photos

29-31 July 2016: "a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance"
a layer of chips
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Indietracks 2010 memories and photos

Post by a layer of chips » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:25

MJHibbett wrote: * Stones Bitter - have YOU forgotten how easy it is to drink?
I can only think that you're still drunk, Mark. HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS?

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:43

I'm knackered. Wish I was still there.

Loved: Be Like Pablo, The Cannanes, Boy Genius,David Tattersall, Internet Forever, La La Love You, Internet Forever, Linda Guilala, The Parallelograms, Red Shoe Diaries, Allo Darlin, The Specific Heats, Standard Fare, Urbantramper, Veronica Falls, Winston Echo and Everybody Was In The French Resistance Now! The people who went and the people who worked there too. That the campsite people seemed to actually be nice and helpful this year.

Didn't Love: The Church queues so that I didn't get to see several bands I wanted to including Betty & The Werewolves and Sarandon. The good beer running out Sunday afternoon. Taking one look at how many people wanted to get on a train to see The Middle Ones and deciding not to ... this was tempered by the fact that it meant I could catch the rest of the awesome Specific Heats set, but still I still regret not seeing them. The Cannanes NOT being in the Church which would have been utterly perfect for them. Leaving.
In Recordeo Speramus

tonieee
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee

Post by tonieee » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:47

a layer of chips wrote:
MJHibbett wrote: * Stones Bitter - have YOU forgotten how easy it is to drink?
I can only think that you're still drunk, Mark. HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS?
I stupidly waited until after they ran out of real beer on the Sunday before starting to drink and even though I was drinking 2 cans of Stones at a time they still wouldn't make me drunk!

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:48

I've added the "best" ones to the pool, but my complete set of 224 photos are available here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eddie7sf/s ... 584790868/

It's taken me an entire day to get them all sorted out, so you're going to bloody well enjoy them.

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:51

tonieee wrote: I stupidly waited until after they ran out of real beer on the Sunday before starting to drink and even though I was drinking 2 cans of Stones at a time they still wouldn't make me drunk!
Mark was drinking them 5 at a time. I saw him.
Last edited by Uncle Ants on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:59, edited 2 times in total.
In Recordeo Speramus

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:57

Oh lordy. My heart is broken, but only because it burst with love for everything I experienced this weekend.

Bands
*My highlight may well be Parallelograms because they were just about exactly what I want from a pop band.
*Winston Echo's extended band was fantastic! HE should be a pop suprestar. Also, his put-downs of Jimmy McGee were brilliant.
*Gutted to have missed Betty & The Werewolves, The Give IT Ups, and The Middle Ones. On the other hand, I saw Brad from One Happy Island on about 53 Occasions. Swings & Round-a-bouts.
*Standard Fare, I mean, guh! Just.... bleedin' 'ell, right?! My only request is that guita-boy should stop looking quite so young!

OTHER
*There are people that I feel I didn't get a proper chance to talk to this weekend, but there are also MANY people that I feel very, very sheepish about having TALKED AT far too much.
*Did that 'make a wish and I'll sing you a song' lady scare anyone else?
*Next year I will have money, next year the merch tent is going to be MINE.
*Zines!
*It was really nice to meet people! It was super-nice to meet Emma & James who I met at Indietracks last year and were spending (part of) their honeymoon at Indietracks this year.

There's no way I have words -or space- to satifactorily explain how all the brilliant music and beautiful people made me so fucking happy. I seriously cannot remember how I managed to cope with life before Indietracks.

Thanks LOADS for everyone involved with organising, the volunteers, and also all who were punters and were just lovely people.

PS
I got sunburn on my nose and on my shins!

PPS
I am UBER sorry to Uncle Ants + Mimpkin for trashing their brand new picnic table. I will take exercise and a calorie-controlled diet in preparation for Indietracks 2011.
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

indiansummer
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/heartsturnblue

Post by indiansummer » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:05

ray, you were a shining beacon of cheeriness all weekend, and it was ace to see you again

i've just remembered everard and i failing to realise that if you both sit at the same end of a picnic table, it will fall over - a special moment for all who witnessed it, i'm sure

the more i think about it, the better i realise the whole weekend was
halo my middle, a hula hoop hug

Mattisalarmed

Post by Mattisalarmed » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:11

Wow, I can't believe how great everything was this year. I met so many nice people, if any of the guys who let us blag our way with them into the campsite for the disco's (AND gave us absynth - although no thanks for the resulting hangover) are on here, thanks!!

Best bits:
Slow Club, every time I see these they get better and better, even their mistakes were charming!
Talking about how much I enjoyed the Blanche Hudson Weekend only to turn round to the guitarist standing right behind me listening (this guy was also hella cool). Also Shrag & The Specific Heats - both new to me, were awesome.
Getting lost in the countryside in the middle of the night and having to ask a random guy for directions, talked to us for ages about bands then it turned out he wasn't even at the festival - just on his way back home from the pub!

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:17

roundbitsofplastic wrote:PPS
I am UBER sorry to Uncle Ants + Mimpkin for trashing their brand new picnic table. I will take exercise and a calorie-controlled diet in preparation for Indietracks 2011.
Don't fret Ray. I'll just have a word with the man from Argos. My only regret is not seeing it happen. I like a bit of slapstick.
In Recordeo Speramus

Damian
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/peppermint_fox

Post by Damian » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:20

roundbitsofplastic wrote:*Did that 'make a wish and I'll sing you a song' lady scare anyone else?
I actually ran away from her twice. I didn't know what she wanted at all, but I knew I wanted to get away from her as fast as possible, downright terrifying.

mop

Post by mop » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:26

gah! I forgot to try and get Sam to retell the layer of chips story, Ive only seen it on video and not in real life.

I'll just have to wait for the all dayer

indiansummer
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/heartsturnblue

Post by indiansummer » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:34

mop wrote:gah! I forgot to try and get Sam to retell the layer of chips story, Ive only seen it on video and not in real life.

I'll just have to wait for the all dayer
i've still not heard it at all!

in the unlikely event that i manage to make it to Nottingham for the indiepop weekender (i'd like to, but i get back from tour the sunday before and will likely be broke), i'll find out who Sam is and ask him then, perhaps.
halo my middle, a hula hoop hug

a layer of chips

Post by a layer of chips » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:38

Please don't get excited about this. I'd hate you both to feel let down. And you will.

I might modernise it slightly to include a more jazzy form of food. Like fajitas, or whatever it is the kids are eating these days. After all, the actual event took place in the LAST CENTURY.

roundbitsofplastic

Post by roundbitsofplastic » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:41

Uncle Ants wrote: Don't fret Ray. I'll just have a word with the man from Argos. My only regret is not seeing it happen. I like a bit of slapstick.
Indian Summer wrote:i've just remembered everard and i failing to realise that if you both sit at the same end of a picnic table, it will fall over - a special moment for all who witnessed it, i'm sure.
You missed TWO similar examples of slapstick! If it's any consolation, Tony, I didn't see it either. Just a lot of sky.
I am struck speechless by the nape of your neck.

Human Vegan
Bite Yr Lip

let it ride

Post by let it ride » Tue Jul 27, 2010 13:08

indiansummer wrote:
Damian wrote:One of my favourite moments once mentioning that you were here to Astrid, basically along the lines of "Indian Summer is here" then us both deciding we wanted to meet you. Cue Astrid finding that picture of you from the anorak picture thread on her mobile, and then the following disappointment when we realised you look quite like a lot of other people. Balls. Maybe next year.
Haha! not to worry... i'm sure we'll all figure it out next year.

it were a bloody good do anyway
Aw, yes, I wish we could've met you! Next time though!
clear eyes full hearts can't lose

DoNotDisconnect
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/dralexhaleiii

Post by DoNotDisconnect » Tue Jul 27, 2010 13:09

Almost finished ripping all of my CDs from the last week... Actually, I'm not. Really did pick up so much stuff in the merch tent: I bought 8 CDs (plus got 2 free ones) and the Specific Heats vinyl. During the week since Parallelograms did Notts I've picked up a further 8 CDs (7 were free from bands I hosted) and two vinyls. PLUS I still have some stuff Liechtenstein gave me, a Just Joans album and Betty and the Werewolves that I got two weeks ago. LOTS to listen to!

Nonetheless, my 9 indietracks purchases came to roughly £46. That's just over a fiver per disc and, while some were singles/EPs, only two of them actually cost any more than £5. Bargain!

Currently listening to the One Happy Island disc for the third time. It's lovely.

graysonscolumn

Post by graysonscolumn » Tue Jul 27, 2010 13:14

roundbitsofplastic wrote:
OTHER
*There are people that I feel I didn't get a proper chance to talk to this weekend, but there are also MANY people that I feel very, very sheepish about having TALKED AT far too much.
You're forgiven - it was an unalloyed delight to watch Roundbitsofplastic Friend Of The Stars in action again as only he can be.

I should be apologising for inflicting upon you (a) the usual dreadful one-liners, (b) the unedifying sight of me eating dry breakfast cereal (from the box) both mornings in the campsite - by choice! Oh, that and generous helpings of fraternal banter-cum-abuse 'twixt myself and one half of Humousexual. ("Oi, Hutchence! Oi, Moby!", etc.) ;-D

roundbitsofplastic wrote:
*It was really nice to meet people! It was super-nice to meet Emma & James who I met at Indietracks last year and were spending (part of) their honeymoon at Indietracks this year.
Seconded! Officially the nicest people in the history of nice people. I had to leave not long after Pains finished on Sunday night, but my last memory of the weekend was the two of them with smiles a mile wide as the disco in the shed played Orange Juice and Josef K back to back. I hope we keep in touch - I barked my contact details at Emma but there was a lot of background noise.

I managed to get sunburned, too, all over my forearms. Not sure how with the cloud cover for most of the weekend! Gossamer wee things, we indiepop kids, no?

gc
Fifty Shades Of Grayson: http://thatmusiclist.blogspot.com

Pop Kid
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/boyinky

Post by Pop Kid » Tue Jul 27, 2010 13:15

I'd love to know what happened at the campsite disco on Saturday night. I set them up in perfect working order on Friday but by Sunday afternoon the speakers were completely fucked in every way imaginable.

I was soooo happy to find both the Ramones indiepop comp and a new Milky Wimpshake album in the merch tent - neither of which I had a clue were coming out.

The Pooh Sticks were a million times better than I expected them to be - for some reason I just thought they wouldnt be in the spirit. I loved seeing Amelia holding the Indiepop Aint Noise Pollution sign at the back of the stage too.

People being nice about The Sunny Street in the church even though I know we suffered technical and tuning problems.

Being made an honoury Team Indietracks member for shovelling some stones out of a tent.

The Just Joans nearly making me cry again. Personally I thought the sound in the shed was alright this weekend - it never crossed my mind whilst watching any band in there.

I'm still telling people that I saw The Give It Ups and Betty and the Werewolves even if it was through the church window.

islandhopper
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mi-fhein

Post by islandhopper » Tue Jul 27, 2010 13:25

My phone now auto-predicts indietracks. Job done!
Can't believe I forgot to mention Gary the taxi driver and the breakfasts (both premier inn and sainsburys) in my highlights. Rectified now.

mop

Post by mop » Tue Jul 27, 2010 13:28

islandhopper wrote: Can't believe I forgot to mention Gary the taxi driver and the breakfasts (both premier inn and sainsburys) in my highlights. Rectified now.
You and Andy should hang your heads in shame! (Andy forgot about him too!)

I didnt forget him in my highlights