Your Indietracks 2012 Wishlist (and actual announcements)

29-31 July 2016: "a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance"
oldgreentieon
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by oldgreentieon » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:57 pm

It's about time for this.

Sourpatch, Fear of Men, Dolly Mixture, Chapter 24, St Etienne, Aias, Dorotea, Lesbo Pig and Balozu Pilni Pagalmi, please. And The Bumblebees surely must play after having to pull out this year. And Pocketbooks opening on the Friday night again, please. With strings.

Ta.

sweepingthenation
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/sweepingnation

Re: Your Indietracks 2012 Wishlist (and actual announcements

Post by sweepingthenation » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:04 am

I got the impression this hadn't already been started because a lot of people don't think there will be an Indietracks 2012.

linus

Post by linus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:05 am

at the end of indietracks 2010 it seemed to be taken as true that there wouldn't be an indietracks 2011

I don't think we should abandon hope just yet and unlike 2010 I didn't hear any 'there's not going to be an indietracks next year' talk this year at all (perhaps that's a bad sign?)

let the popkids dream and write their wishlists... all will become clear in time, I'm sure

tompony
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/lardpony

Post by tompony » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:25 am

People think / thought that? How did they get through the year?

My wishlist:
The Radio Dept
Jens Lekman
Bearsuit (new album is streets ahead of anything they've done before! they only played the first year, right?)
Cuffs (Andrew from Pants Yell's new band)
The Lovely Eggs
Stairs to Korea

Trev
Last.fm: lostmusic

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:09 am

I reckon there will be one. Just my take on the chatter and feelings. I got nothing concrete to base this on.

OK. Here goes (no bands that played this year):

Chapter 24
One Happy Island
T.O.Y.S
The Blanche Hudson Weekend
The Give It Ups
King Creosote
Baaneex (I've got no chance with that wish - but hey, this is a wishlist)
Kid Canaveral
Bill Callahan/Smog
Nat Johnson and the Figureheads
The Understudies
Nobunny
Sarandon
The Humms
The Notes
Acid House Kings
Hummousexual
The Hairs
One Fathom Down
Times New Viking
The Babies
The Lovely Eggs
not really here

Trev

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:21 am

oh, and these:

The Bracelettes
Trash Kit
Golden Grrrls
Bordeauxxx
not really here

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:56 am

Why is there the impression that there won't be one in 2012? Didn't Stuart/Emma even say "see you next year" during their little speech before Herman Dune? We need to know soon though - we're getting toward the time where I book my hotel!

sweepingthenation

Post by sweepingthenation » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:19 am

Maybe it's paranoia but there seemed to be a lot of talk about falling attendance (which I didn't really notice until people started referring to it afterwards), the market depreciation and costs of getting this thing together every year.

Anyway, of course there'll be one so here's a list, again including nobody who played this year:

Allo Darlin'
Jens Lekman
Standard Fare
The Monochrome Set
Evans The Death
Cats On Fire
David Thomas Broughton
The Lovely Eggs
Superman Revenge Squad
Pris
The Wind Up Birds
Thomas Truax
Stairs To Korea
Jack Hayter

Carys
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by Carys » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:57 am

Trev - you should run a festival and book all those bands. I'm just sayin'...

I think if there's any threat of there not being an Indietracks this year, the most important thing to do is see what we can do to help Team Indietracks to ensure there is. I for one would happily help out if I could be in any way useful.

And my first thoughts for a wishlist:

- Go Sailor
- Dear Marje
- The Bracelettes
- Comet Gain
- Veronica Falls
- Evans the Death
- *cough* The Give It Ups *cough*
- Bearsuit

There will be more, though.

Dan Pop-o-matic
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/DanPopomatic

Post by Dan Pop-o-matic » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:42 am

Carys wrote:I think if there's any threat of there not being an Indietracks this year, the most important thing to do is see what we can do to help Team Indietracks to ensure there is. I for one would happily help out if I could be in any way useful.
I second this.

My wish list:

Blood Oranges
August Actually
Nature Set
Hexa
The Give It Ups
Lovely Eggs
The Smittens
10p Mixes
Saint Etienne
The Parallelograms

I'll think of more I'm sure

Trev

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:44 am

Carys wrote:Trev - you should run a festival and book all those bands. I'm just sayin'...
Well there WILL BE another ODD BOX weekender in May next year. That's as close as I'll get to organising a 'festival'.

And I second yours and Dans thoughts regarding offers of help if the TEAM need it.
not really here

joanny
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/discobloguons

Post by joanny » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:56 am

My first choice would be The Starlets (what a surprise!).

other bands I'd love to see :

The Magnetic Fields
The Bats
Red Shoe Diaries
Allo Darlin'
Pale Sunday
Cats On Fire
Celestial
The Occasional Flickers
The Mare
Liechtenstein

Reunions, please :

Language Of Flowers
Brittle Stars
My Favorite
The Delgados (I'm only dreaming)

islandhopper
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mi-fhein

Post by islandhopper » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I would like (not including anyone who played this year):

Allo Darlin
Standard fare
Sourpatch
The Lovely Eggs
Jens Lekman
Kid Canaveral
The Magnetic Fields
The Hermit Crabs *coughing etc.
Zoey Van Goey
Darren Hanlon
Betty & The Werewolves
The Ballet
Comet Gain
Over The Wall
Fishboy

Make it so.

linus

Post by linus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Eddie wrote:Why is there the impression that there won't be one in 2012? Didn't Stuart/Emma even say "see you next year" during their little speech before Herman Dune? We need to know soon though - we're getting toward the time where I book my hotel!
I may have dreamt this or I may have had a conversation while either drunk or hungover but I think somebody (they were extremely attractive, witty and erudite, I do remember that) was suggesting the olympics might be a factor- not on if it happens but when... if indietracks takes place on the last weekend of july it'll coincide with the beginning of the olympics (which run from the 27 july to the 12 august)... it's not so much that pale cardigan wearing walter softies would rather be at london tenty telve than at indietits but that air travel and 'other things' will be more expensive and so on... I'm sure someone said glastonbury isn't happening because they'll be a shortage of portaloos (some verification needed)... so there's probably quite a lot of 'logistics' and whatnot to figure out about exactly when to do indietracks- plus sums and that

in short, I'd wait until the dates are confirmed before booking your hotel/campsite spot, etc

unless, of course, it was all a dream

sweepingthenation

Post by sweepingthenation » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:37 pm

hey, linus! wrote:I'm sure someone said glastonbury isn't happening because they'll be a shortage of portaloos (some verification needed)
That was a press line, Eavis said they were due one of its occasional fallow years this year but moved it back so it didn't get in the way of Olympics issues.

timahall
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/timahall

Post by timahall » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:23 pm

hey, linus! wrote:I may have dreamt this or I may have had a conversation while either drunk or hungover but I think somebody (they were extremely attractive, witty and erudite, I do remember that) was suggesting the olympics might be a factor- not on if it happens but when... if indietracks takes place on the last weekend of july it'll coincide with the beginning of the olympics (which run from the 27 july to the 12 august)... it's not so much that pale cardigan wearing walter softies would rather be at london tenty telve than at indietits but that air travel and 'other things' will be more expensive and so on... I'm sure someone said glastonbury isn't happening because they'll be a shortage of portaloos (some verification needed)... so there's probably quite a lot of 'logistics' and whatnot to figure out about exactly when to do indietracks- plus sums and that

in short, I'd wait until the dates are confirmed before booking your hotel/campsite spot, etc

unless, of course, it was all a dream
Surely it wouldn't be a problem to move Indietracks to the end of August next year to avoid this?

linus

Post by linus » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:59 am

ideally the weekend before the bank holiday one, perhaps (this probably flies in the face of public opinion, as I suppose a bank holiday weekend could suggest a four day festival... but it's a bank holiday weekend and every other fucker'll be off, I imagine the midland railway is busy anyway that weekend and, most importantly, I don't want team indietracks to die or injure themselves attempting to put on a four day long indietracks)?

hmm, I'm like one of those 'experts' off the telly who speculates wildly, talks about 'certainties' that aren't even certainties, chunters on and on and ultimately says nothing very much at all... look, see!

here's a few band suggestions I'd like to see in list form from me (using the not including any bands from this year quasi-official ruling and a new one of bands that haven't played before):

sea lions
sea pinks
the pastels
calvin johnson
the maxines
sourpatch
afternoon naps
orca team
garden city project
evans the death
let's wrestle
gold-bears

of the bands that have played before (but not this year) that I'd like to see again (with no disrespect to anybody else that played before who I'm not mentioning for reasons of memory and perhaps you weren't all that anyway):

betty and the werewolves
blanche hudson weekend
tender trap
comet gain
the parallelograms
standard fare
a smile and a ribbon
allo darlin
the smittens
one happy island
let's whisper
mark hibbett and the validators (yes, mark did play this year but again not officially... he just turned up and demanded he play in a tent and I think he produced a knife... next year, get him to play strapped to a gurney, no sharp objects, cut the microphone off after the allotted 40 minutes, winch him out of the festival site to a quarry, bring in a team of experts to perform the ancient rites, return him to civilisation, etc)

I'm hoping for an even mix of the deeply pleasent, midtempo and/or charming with the rambunctious, speeding and/or discordant or bands that combine both

there are loads of bands I'd love to see back from this year, I went this year not with low expectations but just feeling a bit distracted, a bit dislocated from all the jollity but I came away from it jollied up like you wouldn't believe and feeling throughly privileged to have been there... I demand that pocketbooks play every indietracks whether they want to or not, I think they should headline one of the nights next year on the outdoor stage if indietracks can afford them by them that is

with everything that's been going on indietracks seems ages ago... I don't know what's worse all the shit that happened last week in england or the ponitificating and moralising that's followed from politicians and the like who aren't fit to lace the potentially nicked sports shoes of this nation's feral youth... but I do know that sitting here on a sunday morning playing fantasy indietracks, thinking ahead to next year and thinking back to this and all the previous ones and life isn't so bad, is it? in fact, it's ACE!!!

having typed all this I await the 'there is no indietracks next year' announcement that's sure to follow
Last edited by linus on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trev

Post by Trev » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:21 am

I'd second these:

evans the death
let's wrestle
gold-bears

(why they weren't on my list I just do not know)
not really here

linus

Post by linus » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:40 am

hey, linus! wrote:the ponitificating and moralising that's followed from politicians and the like who aren't fit to lace the potentially nicked sports shoes of this nation's feral youth...
this pontificating and moralising's well contagious, innit?

sorry about that... indietracks wishaway list thread, as you were!

leon
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/lc86

Post by leon » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:20 pm

I'd second quite a few of those mentioned already but especially Evans The Death.

I'd also love to see some or all of the following:

Cassolette
The Andersen Tapes
The Birthday Kiss
Bubblegum Lemonade or Strawberry Whiplash (better still, both)
Burning Hearts
Saint Etienne would be lovely
Twig
Sweater Girls
Seapony
Baffin Island
Plus I know its a long way but would love to see Moscow Olympics

And following Carys' lead, The Hobbes Fanclub (ahem)
"and Valley Parade is showing all its finery"