Indietrack 2015 - Accomodation

29-31 July 2016: "a collective adventure in generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance"
DieSeagullsDie
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Indietrack 2015 - Accomodation

Post by DieSeagullsDie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Hello all!

Where are you staying during Indietracks?

I've booked myself & a friend into a bed & breakfast somewhere near Ripley that doesn't appear on any maps or seem to be any on the internet (ARGH!) - looking for backup in case this place doesn't actually exist or is run by Leatherface.

Plus, if anyone is coming from Halifax/Leeds & wants a travelling partner, we're very friendly and I will bring sweets.

Karys

linus

Re: Indietrack 2015 - Accomodation

Post by linus » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:06 pm

Usually most people are either camped out at the campsite or getting all royal and grand at either the Premier Inn at Ripley or the Travelodge at Alfreton... best advice is to get one of the free trains to Butterley Railway Station (this is probably where you'll start your weekend, getting a free train to the festival site) and arranging for a taxi to your b'n'b (if it exists, if it's not in walking distance), there are taxi numbers on the Indietracks website, but I've cut and pasted them here:

Local taxi companies include:
Amber Taxis (Alfreton) 01773 836100
Get Me To The Event (Ripley) 07875 468504
Trent Cars (Nottingham) 01159 505050
Eagle City Cars (Derby) 01332 200100

The campsite is a walk from the festival site, anyone not staying there is usually getting the train back to Butterley to pick up a cab or walk back to whereever they're staying. Missing the last train back or missing your taxi is character building and inevitable, obviously.