CMJ in New York- question

and one pop mayhem!
Emilie
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/emily_jo

CMJ in New York- question

Post by Emilie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:05 am

So, this isn't really a popfest, and I'm going to ask a question (sorry for not providing any information): Does anyone know how CMJ in New York works? I'll be in NYC from 8/22 to 8/29, which is when CMJ is going on. I always wanted to see a show at the Cake Shop, but I don't want to spend $300 on a festival badge when I won't be able to go to that many shows (I have many relatives to visit). Anybody?

yubo

Re: CMJ in New York- question

Post by yubo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:05 am

Emilie wrote: I don't want to spend $300 on a festival badge when I won't be able to go to that many shows (I have many relatives to visit). Anybody?
Unless things have changed this year, you can buy tickets to individual shows just as if it wasn't CMJ.
Butt.

Emilie

Post by Emilie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:05 am

yubo wrote:
Emilie wrote: I don't want to spend $300 on a festival badge when I won't be able to go to that many shows (I have many relatives to visit). Anybody?
Unless things have changed this year, you can buy tickets to individual shows just as if it wasn't CMJ.
Oh, cool. Thanks for the info!

bluespring

Post by bluespring » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:15 am

yay CMJ im gonna be busy the whole week :)

hhbtmike
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by hhbtmike » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:27 am

you can come out and see the happy happy birthday to me records showcase on the 22nd in williamsburg (brooklyn) at spike hill 184-186 bedford ave for FREE. starts at 8 PM. Forever (girl cowpunk from San Fran), Great Lakes (Athens, GA via NYC elephant six alumni), the Lolligags (elctro-pop tweecore duo), Cars Can Be Blue (potty mouth brats with a love for pop n roll), and Bearsuit (spazzy riot grrrl power twee band from norwich uk). it should be fun. be sure to go see the muslims on the 23rd though. mike

Emilie

Post by Emilie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:32 am

hhbtmike wrote:you can come out and see the happy happy birthday to me records showcase on the 22nd in williamsburg (brooklyn) at spike hill 184-186 bedford ave for FREE. starts at 8 PM. Forever (girl cowpunk from San Fran), Great Lakes (Athens, GA via NYC elephant six alumni), the Lolligags (elctro-pop tweecore duo), Cars Can Be Blue (potty mouth brats with a love for pop n roll), and Bearsuit (spazzy riot grrrl power twee band from norwich uk). it should be fun. be sure to go see the muslims on the 23rd though. mike
Sounds cool, thanks for the tip!

bluespring

Post by bluespring » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:39 am

happybirthday show wahhhhh why does it have to be on the same night as after the jump showcase ;/

bookish

Post by bookish » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:19 am

i'm going to see jens lekman on tuesday and pains of being pure at heart on wednesday! anyone else going?

bluespring

Post by bluespring » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:14 pm

bookish wrote:i'm going to see jens lekman on tuesday and pains of being pure at heart on wednesday! anyone else going?
thats a dj set right? ill be at the POBH show. I caught the flu Sunday and was supposed to be at Cakeshop. Terrible time to get sick. I'm trying to figure out how to make it to HHBTM show on Wednesday. LOL I need lighting speed.

bookish

Post by bookish » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:54 pm

the jens lekman thing is a "singing dj set" whatever that means. i hope it's more singing than dj-ing though.