Page 1 of 1

No Athens Popfest 2009 (sadface)

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:17 pm
by squirrelboutique
Oh no!

I'm for real sadface, but also understandingface having read the reasons.

Re: No Athens Popfest 2009 (sadface)

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:35 am
by aorta
Shame. But that just means 2010 (Odyssey Two or The Year We Make Contact) can be even better!

Mike, Eric, and Gordon are all such nice people.

Re: No Athens Popfest 2009 (sadface)

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:47 pm
by squirrelboutique
I was worried my car was not going to make it anyhow.

It's sort of a piece and did need a new radiator on the last drive to Georgia.

Re: No Athens Popfest 2009 (sadface)

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:48 pm
by islandhopper
squirrelboutique wrote:I was worried my car was not going to make it anyhow.

It's sort of a piece and did need a new radiator on the last drive to Georgia.
It does have a complimentary copy of Catcher in the Rye for backseat passengers though. That's something!

Re: No Athens Popfest 2009 (sadface)

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:50 pm
by squirrelboutique
Yeah, they need something to read while they're waiting for me to take the twenty minutes to put gas in the car because of the busted tank sensor thing.

Re: No Athens Popfest 2009 (sadface)

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:54 pm
by islandhopper
squirrelboutique wrote:Yeah, they need something to read while they're waiting for me to take the twenty minutes to put gas in the car because of the busted tank sensor thing.
I had a lovely big muffin to eat at that stage, so I was quite happy!

Re: No Athens Popfest 2009 (sadface)

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:32 am
by alongwalkhome
squirrelboutique wrote:Oh no!

I'm for real sadface, but also understandingface having read the reasons.
Shitballs. Well, I guess I can take "Boston to Athens in August" off my kayak.com alerts then.

Hey, does that mean you'll come to a northern one perhaps?

Re: No Athens Popfest 2009 (sadface)

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:03 am
by nanski
awww. that's a shame. I was hoping to take my neice this year. are there any other good festivals in the South in the summer?