NYC Popfest! 6/12 - 6/15

and one pop mayhem!
in search of lazy jane

Re: NYC Popfest! 6/12 - 6/15

Post by in search of lazy jane » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:53 pm

I've now booked my flights as well :-)
stolenwine wrote:ok so, there's a day show on saturday? does anyone know what time that is and who's playing? the pains' myspace says they're playing that day but at 8pm. someone please tell me they're doing an early show because that will mean we can see them! mr.stolenwine is dying to see them play and now i feel bad for making us go home early.
I think 8pm is a default setting when adding shows? The Popfest Myspace shows that show starting at noon that day, so there's hope.
yubo wrote:I believe there are multiple venues? I just remember going to The Knitting Factory last year.
Yes, the seven venues listed on the myspace. No Knitting Factory this year though.

stolenwine
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stolenwine/

Post by stolenwine » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:59 pm

in search of lazy jane wrote: I think 8pm is a default setting when adding shows? The Popfest Myspace shows that show starting at noon that day, so there's hope.
hurrah! thanks! i hope we hear some confirmation soon.
tell me how good it is / to wake from a bad dream / and have someone there and I will tell you / how butterfly wings stay dry in the rain
--
stolen wine social

RITH
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/RITH

Post by RITH » Thu May 01, 2008 11:03 am

Will I have to buy tickets for this, or can I be sure to get a ticket at the door? I still can't be 100% sure I'll be there the 12th, so it would be nice to not have to buy tickets already.

crystalball
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/felters

Post by crystalball » Thu May 01, 2008 11:18 am

You'll be there too, Dennis? Ace! We should all get together somehow and, er, I dunno... watch some bands? :)

I don't think anything has been announced about the tickets yet. I'm sure it'll be on the indiepop list first though, so I'll let you know when I find out.

RITH

Post by RITH » Thu May 01, 2008 11:33 am

crystalball wrote:You'll be there too, Dennis?
I'm trying! Yes let's watch some bands! Brilliant idea. :)

alongwalkhome

Post by alongwalkhome » Thu May 01, 2008 4:12 pm

RITH wrote:
crystalball wrote:You'll be there too, Dennis?
I'm trying! Yes let's watch some bands! Brilliant idea. :)
Yay! Getting excited about this. I can't believe I get to see The Smittens/Tullycraft/Pants Yell! in my 'hood the night before this festival. When it rains it pours!

SQUIBOOTY, do you know if you're coming for certain? That would be so wizza keen.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Thu May 01, 2008 4:13 pm

[quote="alongwalkhome"
SQUIBOOTY, do you know if you're coming for certain? That would be so wizza keen.[/quote]

I need to get my finances sorted.

When is my RSVP required?

alongwalkhome

Post by alongwalkhome » Thu May 01, 2008 4:24 pm

For RSVPing to me--no hurry at all! Last-minute is fine w/me. I'll be here either way.

I don't think you can buy tix for PAs lounge (where smittens/tullycraft are in my 'hood) in advance, so no bother there. You do have to buy tix in advance for the place where CCBB are playing, but I was gonna buy two tix and and can get a friend here to go if you don't come up, so no sweat on that.

As for popfest tix, the official Web site still says "stay tuned" for ticket info. Those who went last year, was it tix on the door or in advance?

in search of lazy jane

Post by in search of lazy jane » Fri May 02, 2008 11:48 pm

alongwalkhome wrote:Those who went last year, was it tix on the door or in advance?
Last year it was both, with an all-gig pass or single tickets.

RITH

Post by RITH » Sat May 03, 2008 1:03 am

in search of lazy jane wrote:Last year it was both, with an all-gig pass or single tickets.
Any idea what kind of price range we're talking about? Also: risk of 'sold out', or shouldn't I worry?

in search of lazy jane

Post by in search of lazy jane » Sat May 03, 2008 8:19 am

RITH wrote:
in search of lazy jane wrote:Last year it was both, with an all-gig pass or single tickets.
Any idea what kind of price range we're talking about? Also: risk of 'sold out', or shouldn't I worry?
Last years all-weekend pass was $60. I can't remember if any actually sold out, some were quite quiet, some very busy. But last year kind of appeared out of nowhere, this year people are better prepared and I certainly know loads more people that's going this year, so I'd say there was a big risk of sell outs.

christine
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by christine » Sat May 03, 2008 4:05 pm

alongwalkhome wrote: I don't think you can buy tix for PAs lounge (where smittens/tullycraft are in my 'hood) in advance, so no bother there.
PAs lounge is in Boston - is that a different show?

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Sat May 03, 2008 4:06 pm

christine wrote:
alongwalkhome wrote: I don't think you can buy tix for PAs lounge (where smittens/tullycraft are in my 'hood) in advance, so no bother there.
PAs lounge is in Boston - is that a different show?

She's talking about the Boston show there because I may meet her there before heading to NYC. It's around the corner from where she lives.

christine
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by christine » Sat May 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Ah - do you have more info?

stolenwine

Post by stolenwine » Sat May 03, 2008 6:23 pm

when was more info announced on the bands, times etc. last year? it's just over a month now and i want to know what i'll be seeing/what i'll be missing out on! also, someone needs to tell me where the best place to get cupcakes is in new york. my extensive internet research still isn't as helpful as first-hand experinces.
tell me how good it is / to wake from a bad dream / and have someone there and I will tell you / how butterfly wings stay dry in the rain
--
stolen wine social

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Sat May 03, 2008 10:37 pm

Oh! We didn't go because, well I don't know why we didn't go, but Vanessa told me you can get an awesome cupcake at Dylan's Candy Bar.

I saw this place called Sugar Sweet Sunshine on Food Network (maybe? I saw or read about it somewhere), and it looks really good, too. They have red velvet cupcakes that sound awesome.

Sugar Sweet Sunshine

stolenwine

Post by stolenwine » Sat May 03, 2008 10:46 pm

eeee! thank you! that looks amazing. we should all go there for pre-show cupcakes and tea!
--
stolen wine social

alongwalkhome

Post by alongwalkhome » Sun May 04, 2008 1:34 am

I had a damned fine cupcake AT the Cakeshop during pobpah--one of the venues for popfest. Beer, indie pop, and cupcakes. You could just die right there and then.

squirrelboutique

Post by squirrelboutique » Sun May 04, 2008 2:15 am

There's actually cake at Cakeshop? And beer?

Amazing!

alongwalkhome

Post by alongwalkhome » Sun May 04, 2008 2:22 am

And records. *heaven* I seriously would think I dreamed it, but Yubo and Cuppie can confirm!