Comet Gain

popbands, poplabels, poprecords

Moderator: shaved head thrills

holyzombiejesus
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Comet Gain

Post by holyzombiejesus » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:39 am

Has anyone received their copies of these yet?

linus

Post by linus » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:42 am

No, I understand it's in hand, there may be a wait yet but they will be sent out

I don't think the band have had their copies yet

everard

Post by everard » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:25 pm

i've seen city fallen leaves at rough trade.

also seen at least two pics online of a copy of each lp, but neither pic showed the 7".

remaining optimistic.

linus

Post by linus » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:26 am

Maybe it's down to the pressing of the 7" or something?

I got my skinny from a good source

Israfilhaque123

Post by Israfilhaque123 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:46 pm

This sites is very interesting. Comment gain is important and effective for us.

holyzombiejesus

Post by holyzombiejesus » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:36 am

linus wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:26 am
Maybe it's down to the pressing of the 7" or something?

I got my skinny from a good source
Any news? It's getting a bit silly now. I emailed the label but they couldn't even be arsed to reply.

linus

Post by linus » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Nothing, also no email replies. I've arranged for a refund through paypal. Shame, but the only copies I saw on sale anywhere else were at inflated prices on ebay and similar. So there was stock at some point but I don't know of anyone that ordered them that received them direct from the label. Unless, did anyone here strike it lucky and get them from the label?

holyzombiejesus

Post by holyzombiejesus » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:38 pm

I've just been having a look around online and there are copies of both albums on Discogs that won't total much more than what I sent to M'Ladys. The label's Facebook page has the following message on it:
M'LADY'S NEEDS YOUR HELP
hi, everybody. for the past ten years, i've been running this little business on a shoestring, working nonstop to try and keep our DIY label going. the past two years have been really difficult for a lot of reasons, mostly production delays. i know there have been some understandably frustrated people who have waited patiently for months on records from us. i can't tell you how much sleep i've lost over this; the entire point of our label was to provide not only a safe haven for great bands (and also one of the only labels on earth that allows bands to retain 100% of the rights to their recordings), but also a radical feminist company that wasn't just about buying and selling. in the past two years, i personally have lost many, many thousands of dollars, and i've never been a punk with any money whatsoever. i've sold off almost 100% of my personal records and books to keep this ship as upright as possible.
if you're reading this, and you haven't received an order from us, please know that no one is trying to pull a fast one on you. we're just a very small business that's currently underwater financially, and unlike a lot of other labels, we don't have a trust fund to lean on, nor any other kind of support.
i have corresponded with so many of you over the years, and can't thank you enough for all of your support. we're trying to do something good here.
if you haven't ordered from us in a while, please consider doing so. i'm not the sort of person that has really ever resorted to "crowdfunding", but this entire operation has only ever succeeded thanks to you and people like you.
thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks also to the Fyre Festival for helping me keep things in perspective.
yours
Brett Lyman, M'lady's HQ
Whilst I feel for the guy, I still don't understand why a) her can't reply to emails from people who he owes money/ records to and b) now that the records have actually been pressed, we haven't received them? Anyway, I've emailed the guy again and left a message on his Facebook page, and hope this can be resolved. I'm guessing the 7" never got pressed.

everard

Post by everard » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:15 pm

given the cash flow issues it would be mad for the 7" to exist.

guessing all the label's money went on pressing these records and others and that there aren't the funds to cover shipping. distributors got theirs but probably don't pay upfront. probably seems like an impossible situation though hopefully m'lady's are shipping out the orders piecemeal rather than hoping to do it in one go.

way beyond the 180 day paypal refund period.

i emailed asking to be sent a paypal invoice to cover the shipping of the two lps to the uk but haven't heard back. will try again, and if nothing comes of it, get the records elsewhere i guess, and try to remember only what a great label m'lady's has been. have had nine years of excellent buys and reliable mailorder. worse for those for whom this is their only experience.

five year anniversary of the sea lions kick-non-starter this month!

holyzombiejesus

Post by holyzombiejesus » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Ah, fuck m'ladys. Cashflow, whatever, it's no excuse for just ignoring emails, particularly when you've had someone's money for over a year.

Linus, did you get any joy from paypal regarding the refund?

linus

Post by linus » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi, sorry, I've had a lot of problems logging into Anorak for about the last six months so I've kind of fallen out of the habit... I got the refund from Paypal, yes. It was way more straightforward than I anticipated.

I sympathise with M'Lady's, of course, but just shutting down all communication isn't the way to go, nor is posting up 'M'Lady's RIP' posts on social media... I don't know, just say 'we fucked up and it will be put right/won't be put right' whichever it is don't just ignore folks while apparently shipping stock to internet sellers who hike up the prices, that's just plain shitty

It's easier said than done, I know, admitting to fucking up, getting stuff wrong, but I'd probably have hung on if communications had been open and clear from the get go

holyzombiejesus

Post by holyzombiejesus » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Glad you managed to get your money refunded. Did you send payment less than 6 months ago?

It looks like M'ladys, despite stating that they'll sort everything out, have now even closed down their Facebook page. Really shitty behaviour. So now, I'm over 50 dollars/ 40 quid down and 'need' to buy the records that I've already paid for from somewhere else. I was going to say I feel sorry for the label but, fuck that. He's a crook and a thief.

linus

Post by linus » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:52 am

It may have been less than 6 months, not sure tbh, I checked the terms when it seemed like this wasn't going to happen a month ago and I had a couple of weeks to go before I couldn't claim so I put the claim in toot sweet and all it happened quite quickly from there