Indie Christmas songs wanted!

popbands, poplabels, poprecords

Moderator: shaved head thrills

gareth go ape

Indie Christmas songs wanted!

Post by gareth go ape » Wed Aug 28, 2019 09:41

Hi. I know, it's not even September yet, but Slade recorded their Xmas hit in the blazing heat in New York, Summer '73! Yes, it's that time of year again when I start asking bands if they'd like to record a Xmas song for this year's A Very Cherry Christmas CD, which will be volume 14!!

If you're unfamiliar with these compilations, they are a 200 copies physical only release sold on bandcamp. We don't make them available on iTunes, Amazon, etc. and you can't stream them on Spotify. So the only way to get all the songs is to buy the physical product!

Past volumes have included tracks by Allo Darlin', The Lovely Eggs, MJ Hibbett, John Shuttleworth, Dressy Bessy and many more. Please visit https://cherryaderecords.bandcamp.com/a ... olume-13-3 to see the last few volumes (all earlier volumes are sold out).

So if you're in a band and fancy writing and recording a new Christmas classic, then please get in touch. Drop me an email to averycherrychristmas@yahoo.com and I'll send you all the full details. Deadline for songs is early November.

Merry Christmas!
Gareth x

gareth go ape

Re: Indie Christmas songs wanted!

Post by gareth go ape » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:31

Roll call of bands/singers who have either said "yes" or "maybe" to being on this year's A Very Cherry Christmas CD.

A Mild Peril
Andy The Glass Collector
Arrest Charlie Tipper
Ballard
Borromakat
Cool Sweet Deal
Fonda 500
Frank Sexuality and the Negative Emotions
Goddammit Jeremiah
GOOFY18
Jacqui and Geoff
John Dredge & The Plinths
Life As Surface Noise
Modern Gates
Nervous Rex
No Hit Radio (new project by Steveless)
Old Man Freakboy
Pete Drake
The Hannah Barberas
The Malibu Storks
The Slugs
THE Yellow Melodies

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!