happy happy birthday to me records

popbands, poplabels, poprecords

Moderator: shaved head thrills

hhbtmike
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: happy happy birthday to me records

Post by hhbtmike » Fri Jan 14, 2011 07:40

wow, thanks andy. you rule. i've always said if the internet were a paperbag i wouldn't be able to fight my way out of it. i'm so not techy it hurts. thanks for posting that up.

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Wed Feb 09, 2011 08:18

THE PRE-ORDERS AT HHBTM
Right now is rather crazy with two massive pre-orders at the HHBTM HQ. We have new Albums coming out by both Marshmallow Coast and Fishboy with some pretty big pre-order packages. There are lots of singles and cassettes coming shortly, but figured right now the focus is best left on these two releases.
The new Fishboy album “Classic Creeps” is coming April 19th which is sometime away, but we have decided to launch the pre-orders now since this might be one of the craziest HHBTM pre-orders to date. We have already started a stream of the album at Classic Creeps website to get people excited. The pre-order will come in three packages listed below.
Package One $12.00
12″ vinyl (insert includes entire comic) w/ digital download

Package Two $20.00
12″ vinyl (insert includes entire comic) w/ digital download
an 11 piece 1″ button set of all the album characters
an 11.5 x 24 three color silkscreened poster drawn by Fishboy of a connection between all the characters on the album.

Package Three $50.00
everything in package two plus
become a Classic Creep with a custom 12″ cloth album slip cover embroidered with a picture and name of your choice.

We are doing only 20 of package 2 and 30 of package 3, so this won’t be around for long. The pre-orders will ship as soon as we have all the materials which will be before release date.

The new Marshmallow Coast album “Seniors and Juniors Strikes Back” will be back from the pressing plant any day now. I know you are telling yourself, but I already own Seniors and Juniors, but this is Seniors and Juniors re-recorded in the style of Andy’s last album “Phreak Phantasy”. So imagine Seniors and Juniors but with drum machines and lots of samples and keyboards plus a few new songs. If you want just the CD it will be $7.00, however if you want the de-luxe pre-order version it’s $22.00. What comes with the de-luxe pre-order you ask. Why you get not only the CD, but you also get a 8×10 painting painted by Andy Gonzales along with some buttons and other fun stuff we might throw in the envelope. And before you ask, no this is not on vinyl and is only available on CD currently. Orders will ship out the first week of March, and Andy is only able to do 25 paintings.

HHBTM Records
P.O.Box 742
Athens, GA 30603
www.hhbtm.com

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Thu Apr 07, 2011 08:58

HHBTM NEWSLETTER APRIL 2011

Lots of news since last time I did one of these. So let's just jump right in. New releases have come out by Marshmallow Coast, Orca Team, Afternoon Naps, and Eureka California as well the first HHBTM hoodie, and a new t-shirt design. Casper & the Cookies and Tunabunny did tours of the states, and Sourpatch went over to the UK. The Smittens "Coolest Thing About Love" went out of print on CD as did the debut Sweater Girls 7". Lots of new stuff coming out this spring / summer by Joe Jack Talcum, Fishboy, Madeline, Tunabunny, and Cars Can Be Blue.

OUT NOW
Afternoon Naps - Summer Gang 7" (only 40 left)
Funny enough this single only came out less than a month ago and it's almost already out of print. Don't see myself doing a repress as the sleeve took longer to complete than the single getting back from the plant. Two songs of summery fun with a matchbook fold 3 color silkscreen sleeve.

Eureka California - Modern Times EP 7"
4 song single EP from Athens, GA new HHBTM signee Eureka California will have you thinking this an early Merge release. Perfect little slice of scuzzy early 90's indie rock. (less than 80 copies left already) comes in a three color silkscreen sleeve.

Orca Team - Vancouver B.C. 7"
Portland, OR arctic surf band Orca Team release their debut 7" which brings to mind Santo & Johnny mixed with the perfection that is Buddy Holly with the most tasteful reverb heard since 1958. Don't miss out on this one, as it's gonna run you lots of money on ebay later.

Marshmallow Coast - Super Seniors & Juniors CD
Andy Gonzales does his best to travel back in time by re-recording his debut album Seniors & Juniors but with an all-star Elephant 6 band and filling it with all the keyboards and drum machines he never thought to use the first time around.

HHBTM of Athens, GA t-shirt
New design by Andy Hart. Same one we used for the hoodies back in the winter, but now on a t-shirt and priced to move. The shirts are a mix of Tultex and American Apparel with black ink on either yellow, white, or grey.

COMING SOON
Fishboy - Classic Creeps LP
This is going to sound nerdy, but Eric Michener aka Fishboy has made yet another concept record. This time the concept is that each song is about a character that has a name that starts with the letter A. The story of the first character winds down but the story of the second character picks up and starts at the end of the first song then this pattern follows until all the characters are connected in the song at the end. You can stream the album at www.classiccreeps.com to get a better idea. The pre-orders are winding down now, but the poster & button version of the pre-order is still available. This LP ships at the end of April.

Joe Jack Talcum - Home Recordings 1984-1990 LP
First in a volume of 2 of Joe Jack Talcum's solo 4-track recordings. You might know Joe as the guitarist and sometimes singer from the Dead Milkmen. These songs that are compiled on these LPs are not as much in the realm of the Dead Milkmen is snotty humor, but they remind me a lot of the cassettes that Daniel Johnston once made. This record will have a pre-order going up middle of next week with it planned to ship out at the end of May.

Tunabunny - (Song for My) Solar Sister 7"
The lead single from their upcoming album. I can't say much about it now, but this album is gonna be amazing.

SALE
HHBTM is running a 1/2 off sale on all non-HHBTM distributed titles. So if it's not an official HHBTM release it's 1/2 off until the end of the month. Lots of good stuff at the site by tons of different labels.

MARK DOWNS
HHBTM has also marked lots of back catalog down to half the price including CDs by Keith John Adams, Ashley Park, Baby Calendar, Birddog, Boyracer, Bugs Eat Books, Casper & the Cookies, Elekibass, Gwens, Ideal Free Distribution, Loch Ness Mouse, Lolligags, Love Letter Band, Marshmallow Coast, M Coast, Men in Fur, 63 Crayons, Velcro Stars, Visitations, and the No Parachute DVD.

HHBTM
P.O.Box 742
Athens, GA 30603
www.hhbtm.com

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Mon Jun 27, 2011 02:04

Tunabunny with new drummer and playing a new song last night at Cine' as part of the HHBTM showcase. will be posting about the new single and album shortly.

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Mon Jun 27, 2011 06:49

Oh Yeah, this is the band I'm in with Brigette from Tunabunny, and we have a new guitarist Nathan who just moved to town, this was our first show with Nathan taking over for Keenan (Iji, Patience Please). Look for a 7" on HHBTM in the winter.

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Tue Jul 19, 2011 09:26

Hey Folks,
Well long time no hear from me I guess…. Things have been just real busy, and that’s a good thing right? Anyway let’s get right to it, lots of news to report this time around. Also two pre-orders will be launching this weekend for the new Orca Team 7” and the Tunabunny LP. Also please go and friend the Athens PopFest Foundation on Facebook ASAP. The early bird tickets are on sale now, and they will go up in price on Friday when the line up is announced.

NEW RELEASES

Joe Jack Talcum – Home Recordings 1984 – 1990 or Vol 1 LP HHBTM138
Joe Jack Talcum is the founder of the Dead Milkmen and one of the main songwriters in the band, you also know him as the guy who sang Punk Rock Girl and other songs in the band even though he is mainly just the guitarist. This LP is a compilation of home recordings from 1984 through 1990 for vol 1 with volume 2 coming this winter to pick it up from there. The record comes housed in a 2 color silkscreen sleeve and with a digital download limited to 500 copies. There are still a few pre-order copies available that come with a Joe Jack pillowcase and button.

Tunabunny – (Song for My) Solar Sister / Airport 7” HHBTM139
Tunabunny is, for now, less of a criminal element that it used to be. On last year’s debut album, you had to listen closely to hear the Blondie, to hear the Abba, to hear the pop. Some people just heard noise. Some people thought it was glorious. The album received rave reviews in some unexpected places, including Everett True in Australia (‘this music makes me deliriously happy’) and a top-5 end of year placing on the BBC’s website. This spring saw a successful tour of the eastern half of the USA. Now comes ‘(Song For My) Solar Sister,’ the advance single for Minima Moralia, due out in August. The album marks an unprecedented leap, like the one that took Nirvana from Bleach to Nevermind, like Pavement from those early ep’s to Slanted & Enchanted. This year’s Tunabunny marks a shift from noise towards melody, from chaos towards structure, from indifference towards rapture, It signals a Tunabunny more pop, yet more intense; more accessible, yet more desperate; more comforting, and yet more uncomfortable. Taken with its B-side, the single tells a story; it is in conversation with itself. One side says hello to the future as the other one closes a door on the past: optimism vs. defeat, victory vs. mourning, warm guitars vs. icy synths, one lead singer vs. the other. You could conceivably keep listening, keep flipping it over and over, and still hear more details emerge, continue to still be enthralled, still attempting to decipher the mystery, to figure it out, to get the bottom of things. Not unlike life itself.

Madeline – Black Velvet LP & CD TWBOS001
First off yes, HHBTM started a new label This Will be Our Summer with a new partner to focus on fewer acts with a way more involved part in the process beyond just being a label. Black Velvet was recorded by Madeline and the Black Velvet Band in between national and international tour dates. Inspired by Neil Young’s producer David Briggs’ work, Madeline followed the strategy of On The Beach and Tonight’s the Night - recording whenever and wherever they could find a couple of micro- phones, and focusing on capturing the energy of a live show. Black Velvet sounds like an Arthur Russel record one minute, all bedroom pop and private crooning, while turning around and twisting into dark Jefferson Airplane-esque psychedelia the next. Madeline’s signature Karen Carpenter/Neko Case meets The Carter Family southern ballads still make an appearance with lyrics about everything from Johnny Cash’s career as heaven’s angel barber to the joy of talking cops out of DUIs. Black Velvet is one of those albums you can see while you hear; a mental music video for every song. Madeline has finally and fearlessly let her mind, mouth and heart open far enough for everyone to get a good look and the results are nothing short of thrilling.

UPCOMING SOON
August – Orca Team “Take My Hand” 7”
August – Tunabunny “Live at Athens PopFest 2010 & sorted tracks” cassette
September – Tunabunny “Minima Moralia” LP
September – Red Pony Clock “Whatever, Amen” LP
October – Dead Dog “Dead Dog” LP & CD reissue on This Will Be Our Summer
October – Oh Ok “the Complete Recordings” LP

NEWS
Afternoon Naps are wrapping up a new record to be released early 2012. The Smittens have also finished a new album to be released late 2011. The next installment in the Joe Jack Talcum Home Recordings series will be out in late 2011 and is about to be in mastering shortly. Orca Team are recording their new album this fall with a vinyl pressing of their self released CD-R to follow shortly after. Bunnygrunt have almost wrapped up another album for an early 2012 release. Flash to Bang Time are hard at work in the studio for a full length record for spring 2012. Eureka California are also looking at a debut album for this fall. Sourpatch will have a new album out in October followed by a split 7” w/ Forever in November. Sweater Girls are also wrapping up writing their debut long player with an early 2012 release date in the works. Looks to be a busy couple of months coming up.

TOURS
ORCA TEAM HITS THE ROAD THIS FALL
(all booked on their own, no booking agent so they have a few holes, if you can help out let me know)
Jul 29 Bluebird Ice Cream – Seattle, WA
Jul 30 Cat House of Costumes and Mystery – Portland, OR
Jul 31 The Big Float on The Willamette River – Portland, OR
Aug 02 Valentine's - Portland, OR
Aug 03 Luigi’s Slice and Fungarden - Sacramento, CA
Aug 04 Pickle Town - Oakland, CA
Aug 05 The Smell - Los Angeles, CA
Aug 06 DBA 256 Wine Bar Lounge - Pomona, CA
Aug 07 Yellow Carney Dance Hall - Phoenix, AZ
Aug 08 TBA (Help) - Tucson, AZ (May turn into Albuquerque)
Aug 09 TBA (Help) - Las Cruces, NM (May turn into Lubbock)
Aug 10 Marfa Public Radio 93.5 Fm - Marfa, TX (Afternoon - 2pm)
Aug 10 Padre's - Marfa, TX
Aug 11 Beerland - Austin, TX
Aug 12 Euclid Records – New Orleans, LA (Afternoon - 2pm)
Aug 12 TBA (Help) - New Orleans, LA
Aug 13 NOLA Art House – New Orleans, LA (Afternoon - 12pm)
Aug 13 Sluggo's - Pensacola, FL
Aug 14 V89 Radio - Tallahassee, FL – (Afternoon - 2pm)
Aug 14 Tooth House - Tallahassee, FL
Aug 15 The Whirling Cloud House - Panama City, FL
Aug 16 TBA (Help) - Atlanta, GA
Aug 17 Wuxtry Records - Athens, GA (Afternoon - 2pm)
Aug 17 The Caledonia Lounge Athens, GA
Aug 18 TBA (Help) - Birmingham, AL (Or Chattanooga.
Aug 19 Betty’s – Nashville, TN
Aug 20 Staycation - Burlington, NC
Aug 21 The Garage - Charlottesville, VA
Aug 22 TBA (Help) Baltimore, MD
Aug 23 Danger Danger Gallery – Philadelphia, PE
Aug 24 Bullshots - Atlantic City, NJ
Aug 25 Cake Shop - New York, NY
Aug 26 Happy Dog - Cleveland, OH
Aug 27 El Club - Detroit, MI
Aug 28 Saki - Chicago, IL (Afternoon - 2pm)
Aug 28 TBA (Help) – Chicago, IL
Aug 29 Cream City Collectives - Milwaukee, WI
Aug 30 The Heavy Anchor – St. Louis, MO
Aug 31 The Power House - Lincoln, NE
Sep 01 Wax Trax Records - Denver, CO (Afternoon)
Sep 01 TBA (Help) – Denver, CO (Got nothing)
Sep 02 The Shops at Riverwoods - Salt Lake City, UT (Evening - 6pm)
Sep 02 TBA (Help) – Salt Lake City, UT
Sep 03 TBA (Help) Boise, ID
Sep 04 The Stove Top - Kennewick, WA
Sep 05 Cairo - Seattle, WA
Sep 06 East End - Portland, OR

Oh yeah the label has a facebook page now, please go by and like it. I’ll be announcing lots of stuff on there and promotions and junk like that.

HHBTM
P.O.Box 742
Athens, GA 30603
www.hhbtm.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Happy-Hap ... 1921967528

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Fri Sep 23, 2011 18:24

It’s been a crazy couple of months and now there is lots of news ….
PRE-ORDERS & DELUXE EDITIONS
Tunabunny’s new album Minima Moralia is now available for pre-order through the HHBTM website. The album comes as just the LP for $12 or for $15 you get the LP, a 10 x 24.5 silkscreen poster and 4 1.25” buttons. The album comes with a digital download and will be shipping next week. Tunabunny is, for now, less of a criminal element that it used to be. On last year’s self-titled debut album, you had to listen closely to hear the Blondie, to hear the Abba, to hear the pop. Some people just heard noise. Some people thought it was glorious. The album received rave reviews in some unexpected places, including Everett True in Australia (‘this music makes me deliriously happy’) and a top-5 end of year placing on the BBC’s website. They’ve been mentioned in the same breath as Sonic Youth, Kraftwerk, and Can. And this spring saw a successful tour of the eastern half of the United States. Now comes Minima Moralia. The album marks an unprecedented leap, like the one that took Nirvana from Bleach to Nevermind, like Pavement from those early ep’s to Slanted & Enchanted. This year’s Tunabunny marks a shift from noise towards melody, from chaos towards structure, from indifference towards rapture. It signals a Tunabunny more pop, yet more intense; more accessible, yet more desperate; more comforting, and yet more uncomfortable.
Minima Moralia takes the first album and ratchets up the melody, the chaos, the intensity, and the beauty. Even Southern Baptists can believe in their evolution.
Minima Moralia is an album about tyranny, underground life, and being surrounded by liars. It navigates frustration & failure, leaders & followers, naked lust for stardom and the tension between chaos & civilization. It details the myriad ways we attempt to distract ourselves from the disappointment and the horror of everyday life. It’s about burying your loved ones and remembering the dead. It’s about broken promises and endless struggle. It is dark & triumphant, joyous & scared. A small band, on a small label, Tunabunny has existed to this point as a rumor, a secret passed among friends, but people are starting to notice in unexpected places. Now, with their new album, Tunabunny is poised to step into the light.

NEW RELEASES
Red Pony Clock have a new album Whatevz Forevzzz that will be out shortly, but shipping direct next week. It comes with a download code and on gold vinyl. We only have about 25 of these available after distros and the band copies left to sell direct. The record is $12 and there is not a deluxe edition version available. Like the title implies, Red Pony Clock's Whatevz Forevzzz is a summation of their firm belief that they should be able to play whatever music is striking their fancy at any given time. Most member's of RPC are first generation Mexican-Americans. They were raised listening to the music of their homeland, but hit the ground running upon the discovery that not only did their new home have a rich musical history, but so did the rest of the world. With an "everything including the kitchen sink" approach to both their songwriting and instrumentation, RPC always manage to infuse their music with the festive looseness of their mariachi forefathers. The end result sounds a bit like the video store clerks in Michel Gondry's "Be Kind, Rewind" accidentally erased an ethno-musicologist's Ipod and had to replace the content with their own "Sweded" renditions of the lost tunes.

Orca Team also have a new 7” Take My Hand that is out next week in stores, but shipping now. You get 3 new tracks for only $5 and it even has a digital download. You just can’t beat that. The sound of a surf made of tears crashing on the glaciers of Antarctica. Bopping and skipping out of the Pacific Northwest, Orca Team’s music is a clean twang, minimal and precise. Every note is drenched in reverb, not as a fashion, but because you never want it to end. You might call them an arctic surf band, dancing through fog, hiding behind moss—to stay in the water would require the amputation of limbs. A voice sings in a sweet but insistent monotone, wrapped in a windbreaker and skipping stones into the waves. Enchanted dance music.

ATHENS POPFEST
If you haven’t made plans to come to Athens this October you might want to hurry up. The Athens PopFest has moved to October 11th – 15th this year with our best line up yet with headliners Throwing Muses, Bob Mould, Olivia Tremor Control, Man or Astroman?, and the Dead Milkmen along with Kleenex Girl Wonder, Oh-Ok, the Gerbils, Masters of the Hemisphere and pretty much the entire US roster of the HHBTM label and loads more.

UPCOMING RELEASES
Currently the complete Oh-Ok LP titled Reissue is at the plant and should be here by PopFest. There will be a pre-order going up shortly. The album features their debut 7” and 12” EP, a selection of live tracks and 2 studio tracks never before released. Full lengths by Sourpatch, Eureka California, Sweater Girls, Afternoon Naps, Bunnygrunt, Flash to Bang Time are all still in the queue as well.

WAREHOUSE FINDS
Cars Can Be Blue – All the Stuff We Do CD (2 copies)
Fishboy – Little D CD (1 copy)
The Smittens – the Coolest Thing About Love CD (1 copy)

SALE (this sale runs until the end of the month)
ALL DISTRIBUTED TITLES 50% off
CLEARANCE SALE (over ½ the CD stock marked down to between $1 to $3)

CMJ
HHBTM will be doing an official showcase this year at Bruar Falls in Brooklyn on October 20th featuring Red Pony Clock, Eureka California, Flash to bang Time, Afternoon Naps, Tunabunny, and Fishboy. We also will have Oh-Ok, Red Pony Clock, and Tunabunny playing other showcases as well. More details in a few weeks as the showcases are all locked in.

TOURING
RED PONY CLOCK
10/10 Tucson, AZ @ Skrappy's
10/11 El Paso, TX @ Garage Tequila Bar
10/12 Austin, TX @ Club 1808
10/14 Athens, GA @ 40 Watt Club
10/15 Lexington, KY @ Al's Bar
10/16 Chicago, IL @ Pancho's
10/17 St Louis, MO @ El Leñador
10/18 Columbus, OH @ Carabar
10/19 Cleveland, OH @ Now That's Class
10/20 New York, NY @ HHBTM CMJ Showcase @ Bruar Falls
10/21 New York, NY @ CMJ
10/22 New York, NY @ CMJ
10/23 Arlington, VA - Galaxy Hut
10/24 Memphis, TN @ TBA
10/25 Denton, TX @ J&J's Pizza
10/26 Albuquerque, NM @ TBA
10/27 Phoenix, AZ @ Trunkspace

TUNABUNNY
9/23 - boone, nc @ espresso news
9/24 - roanoke, va @ the horseshoe
9/25 - philadelphia, pa @ house show
9/26 - boston, ma @ the precinct
9/27 - brooklyn, ny @ brooklyn fireproof east
9/30 - cleveland, oh @ the happy dog
10/2 - murfreesboro, tn @ 3 Brothers Deli & Brewhouse
10/12 - athens, ga @ 40 watt (athens popfest)

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Fri Dec 02, 2011 09:50

gonna add lots more news this weekend. kinda took a long break after popfest. until then enjoy this holiday jam from meringue and malice which used to be the band the lolligags.

and if you want some more free songs.... check their bandcamp which has covers of (wire, material issue, hole, siouxsie and the banshees, babes in toyland, bikini kill, and the smiths) plus a few orginals.
http://meringueandmalice.bandcamp.com/

hhbtmike

BIG SALE & Update

Post by hhbtmike » Thu Dec 15, 2011 07:36

Hey Folks,

It’s been ages since the last update and there has been a lot that has happened and so much stuff coming up in 2012 so let’s get started and maybe everyone can help me clear out some stuff before I have to turn my inventory numbers in. Up first is gonna be the sales and promotions….

All distributed non-hhbtm/twbos product is going to be 50% off until January 1st.
Buy any Tunabunny full length LP and get a free 7″ of “(song for my) solar sister” until January 1st.
Buy the Oh Ok LP and get a free Flash to Bang Time 7″ until January 1st.
Buy any two HHBTM CDs and get a third CD free until January 1st (lowest price CD is the free one & only select the ones you want to pay for in the shopping cart and put a message in the order for which CD or CDs depending on how many you buy that will be the free one or ones, please also give one substitute title as some releases are getting really low in number.)
Also the first 50 orders will get a HHBTM catalog with artwork by Andy Hart that has a digital download of the label roster 2011.
Lots of catalog will be deleted in 2012 so some titles might not be available at the end of January 2012. (a few titles the license will be running out). There are also a few titles that are just not going to be repressed or it might be sometime before they are repressed….. anyway here are a few things I wouldn’t hold off picking up much longer.

Birddog – A Sweet & Bitter Fancy CD
Birddog – Songs from Willipa Bay CD
Ashley Park – Secretariat Motor Hotel CD
Men in Fur – S/T CD
Bugs Eat Books – Ghosts of Leaves CD
Elekibass – California CD
Elekibass / Quinka with a Yawn – split CD (1 copy left)
Forever – S/T CD EP (so good, not sure why i still have 5 copies)
Eux Autres – Cold City CD
Sarandon – Completists Library CD
Velcro Stars – Hiroshima’s Revenge CD
Love Letter Band – Fear Not My Brothers CD
Casper & the Cookies – Oh! CD (1 copy left)
Visitations – S/T CD (1 copy left)
Smittens – Coolest Thing About Love CD (1 copy left)
Fablefactory – We Won’t Rock You CD (1 copy left)
Cars Can Be Blue – All the Stuff We Do CD (2 copies left)
Superions featuring Fred Schneider of the B-52′s – S/T 12″ (only 5 copies left)
Sourpatch – Crushin’ LP (only 3 copies left)
Afternoon Naps – Parade LP (only 1 copy left)
Sweater Girls – Pretty When You Smile 7″ (only 10 copies left)
only Sourpatch LP and Afternoon Naps LP will be repressed out of all those…….

The Oh OK “The Complete Reissue” LP is now available for just $12.00 This reissue gathers both the 7″ & 12″ , a live show, and two newly recorded tracks. For those not in the know Oh OK were / are Linda Hopper (Magnapop), Lynda Stipe (Hetch Hetchy / Flash to Bang Time), and for a short while Matthew Sweet. The band did all their writing and recording during the early 80′s and played just a handful of shows between Athens, GA and New York. Their sound has that bomp and stomp drive that made early 80′s Athens an actual scene, but their music was more on the minimal side ala Marine Girls, Young Marble Giants, or Beat Happening but dancey.

Tunabunny pretty much blew up over the fall opening for Throwing Muses, playing the Athens PopFest and CMJ, getting featured as band to watch at CMJ by Village Voice, NPR, New York Mag, altmusic, and Brooklyn Vegan. They landed tons of glowing reviews from Big Takeover, San Francisco Weekly, Everett True, and the list goes on. They are now gearing up to go over to the UK for a 10 date tour with Shrag and to play the London PopFest in February. Looks like they will have a split single with Shrag coming up as well. To celebrate this i’m doing the 7″ giveaway above and I have taken 3 of the test pressings of the Tunabunny / Hulaboy split 12″ which has been long out of print and am having the band hand decorate the sleeves. This is gonna be a first come first served kinda deal. These will be shipping end of this week for whoever snaps them up and what a deal at $15 a pop.

Sourpatch have a new album “Stagger & Fade” currently at the plant with a late February release date. Eleven new songs and a huge tour is being lined up for March as I type this. The pre-order this time is a bit crazy. This time around we are doing vinyl only, sorry no CDs for this one, but it’s not like anyone is buying CDs anymore. The pre-order will consist of the LP w/ digital download, a sourpatch coffee cup, a button, and a silkscreen sourpatch patch for you messenger bag or old school denim jacket. The coffee cup will be mailed in a separate box so the shipping on this one can get a little crazy for you overseas folks. Only 38 of these pre-orders are even available, so act fast on this one. The coffee cup button and patch will mail the first week of 2012 while the album will ship in mid February.

Loads of new videos have been added as well. Tunabunny made three new videos, Sourpatch has a new one for the lead single off the record “Cynthia Ann”, and Fishboy have yet another video from Classic Creeps, this time it’s “Aspen2K”. All videos can be found in the media section of the site.

Look for new records in 2012 by Bunnygrunt, Afternoon Naps, the Smittens, and Tunabunny debut LPs by Sweater Girls and Eureka California, and Orca Team, and reissues by Joe Jack Talcum along with countless singles. Also some big big news both for HHBTM and sister label This Will Be Our Summer.

until next time, and I’m gonna get better with doing these updates in 2012. Mike Turner HHBTM CMFIC.

www.HHBTM.com

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Wed Feb 22, 2012 07:10

new tunabunny video for the track that shares the split tour single with shrag. what, you haven't heard? yeah, tunabunny and shrag are touring together from feb 23rd to march 3rd through the uk. enjoy the video, come by and say hello. i'll be on tour with them, and it's not very often that i make it over to the uk.

nutop
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/nutop

Post by nutop » Thu Feb 23, 2012 06:27

hey mike,

i got the sourpatch LP in today and it's quite lovely. i'm pretty sure i've already worn it out from listening to it tonight. i have a question, though, and I meant to ask when I got my tunabunny LP last year... is there anyway you could get a higher bitrate for the mp3 downloads? the tunabunny rip didn't sound too bad at 160, but the sourpatch is awfully hissy.

thank you, sir!

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17

Hey folks,
Long time since posting, been super busy beyond belief between moving into a new place, designing sleeves & posters, and helping some HHBTM bands book overseas tours, it's just been real busy. So without even more delay here's the new stuff that just came out and what's coming up.

ABOUT TO SHIP (COMING UP REAL SOON)

Shipping in 10 days.
Eureka California - Big Cats Can Swim HHBTM148 LP / Cassette
Eureka California tells stories of a society in decline, of dysfunctional citizens awash in their unsatisfied fucked-up desires. They make yearning, echo beach nuggets pop that tells stories of life in the southern college town of Athens, Georgia. His voice at times eerily reminiscent of La’s frontman Lee Mavers, EC’s Jake Ward is razor sharp and soaked in sweat. Overeducated and underappreciated, Ward shouts out his agitated power pop with a fuzzy intelligence.
Jake may sing ‘I will control the nation,’ but he knows that’s never going to happen. It’s just a joke he tells himself to make himself feel better, when every day just brings more awkward conversations, more books lent out and never returned. Nothing to do but get drunk and jump around, try to crack each other up. There’s no health care, no prospects, and those goddamned student loan people won’t quit calling you at work.
The floorboards in your practice space are warping, and what’s left of your body is melting. The shower head’s been broken for weeks and the landlord won’t return your calls. The thick incessant hum of insects keeps you from falling asleep and you’ve got to be at work to open the copy shop in three hours.
Eureka California understands all of this. We’re all going nowhere but at least we're together. Grab a taco and some beer and come over. There’s nothing good on TV, but who cares. If we can keep ourselves entertained for another thirty minutes, maybe we’ll figure something out.
The LP comes in regular and deluxe versions. The regular is just the record, but it is color vinyl and just $12. The deluxe LP comes with the LP but in color vinyl as well and with a button & drink kozie for the price of $17.00. The cassette is just $5 but won't be put on the site for another 2 weeks.

Shipping in 10 days.
Sweater Girls - Were Here... HHBTM147 LP
Sweater Girls got the beat. Sweater Girls are living down on Infatuation Street. Sweater Girls are a bright, Vitamin D-enriched ankle sock delight. Their debut album, Sweater Girls Were Here..., sounds like the band inhaled all three packets of Fun Dip along with the sugar sticks. It’s all about spazzing out over love and loss, the jittery adrenaline jag of youth. Its vertical melodies skip up and down the scale, even as they describe a horizontal lifestyle
Sweater Girls are stuck in Los Angeles and they’re choking on the smog. They lost their bubblegum in the iceplant. Their music is major keys and minor tragedies, healed scars and broken hearts. They’re spectators in paradise, always on the outside looking in. Anonymous, yet at the center of it all—swooning at the future, the possibilities it might hold.
Like a less-stoned, less-insipid Best Coast, singer Diana Meehan has a Southern California lilt in her voice that’s impossible to fake. Sweater Girls may be smiling on the outside, but they’ve got a switchblade tucked in their back pockets in case you get out of line.
The LP comes in regular and deluxe with the regular being color vinyl for a price of $12.00. The deluxe being color vinyl with a silkscreen totebag, a button, and silkscreen cover mix tape personally compiled by the Sweater Girls for $22.00 (only a handful of the deluxe are left)

Available now
Orca Team - Restraint HHBTM146 LP / CD
Restraint. The callous insults thrown into the faces of dear friends and relatives, while you sit at the dinner table holding back hot tears, too ashamed to stand up to your drunken uncle at the holiday party. Enter ORCA TEAM’S debut album. Traffic lights sway in the wind of a forgotten town. The beach is near but pine trees line the shore and it’s never warm enough to swim. ORCA TEAM’S Restraint is smooth and smothered in disappointment. A voice, barely audible, heard in the wind while wrapped in a windbreaker skipping stones into the waves. At the end of the night, you can find ORCA TEAM standing in the corner, as they slyly try to seduce your girlfriend’s younger brother. They only recently found the self-confidence to try winning a heart and when they leave, you go with them. Restraint is the tension found on a first date. You refrain from speaking your mind; your posture is impeccable and decorum is priority. ORCA TEAM creates the soundtrack of heartbeats under streetlights, and under crisply ironed shirts dipped in sweat. ORCA TEAM is ‘arctic surf,’ the music echoes minimalist post-punk but within layers of reverb and unfocused yearning. It is the soundtrack for a city where there isn’t enough social lubrication to get anyone to notice your woeful desires. The melody slides down the neck of a bass guitar while the drums and guitar fills the gaps; only when necessary. Picture them playing unaffectedly in the back of a restaurant as you realize you’re no better off than where you began.
This album comes in regular and deluxe editions as well. The regular LP is $12.00 and the CD is $7.00. The deluxe version of the LP comes with color vinyl, a button, a totebag, and a live cassette for $24.00 or you can get it in the CD version for $17.00.

Keep posted for lots of tour dates on the HHBTM site real soon for Eureka California and Orca Team. Eureka California will be heading out on their own through the Southeast in September. Orca Team will be heading out on their own before meeting up to open for Laetitia Sadier of Stereolab for her fall tour.

HHBTM will be doing a CMJ Showcase with the help of the New York Popfest gang on October 20th with Tunabunny, Orca Team, Eureka California, Bam! Bam!, and a few more.

Also keep posted for news on new releases by Tunabunny, Bam! Bam!, Joanna Gruesome, the Legend, Woollen Kits, the Superions featuring Fred Schneider, Antlrd Antlrd, and more...

HHBTM
P.O.Box 742
Athens, GA 30603
www.hhbtm.com

a layer of chips

Post by a layer of chips » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:39

What's the new Tunabunny stuff, Mike? A single? Exciting!

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Wed Aug 15, 2012 19:07

well since you asked here is the new tunabunny stuff plan
MC12 - various artists cassette coming in september (new tunabunny, orca team, sweater girls, sourpatch, bam! bam!, antlrd antrld, cars can be blue, woollen kits, eureka california, joanna gruesome, just handshakes, the tuts, skinny girl diet, hex lovers, grrrl friend, werewandas, ethical debating society, good grief, float riverer, and bastards of fate)

tunabunny LP/CD - genius fatigue coming out in october

tunabunny - club 12" - form a line w/ mixes coming out in december

tunabunny - 12" EP TBA coming out spring 2013

tunabunny - LP #4 summer 2013 (already written, and about to start recording, they had 15 songs left over from the last record)

gonna be a busy end of 2012

a layer of chips

Post by a layer of chips » Wed Aug 15, 2012 19:21

Christ, they don't mess about, do they? Great news.

indiansummer
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/heartsturnblue

Post by indiansummer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 20:21

*dances around room joyously*

(if you can call it dancing)
halo my middle, a hula hoop hug

tobifail
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tobydynamik

Post by tobifail » Sat Aug 18, 2012 17:21

that tape sounds like the business
c i s i s t h e h e a v e n l e y o p t i o n

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Sat Aug 18, 2012 17:46

i can for sure guarantee that not the first band on the cassette sounds anything like the business.

indiansummer
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/heartsturnblue

Post by indiansummer » Sat Aug 18, 2012 20:41

hhbtmike wrote:i can for sure guarantee that not the first band on the cassette sounds anything like the business.
good grief are considering a streetpunk direction, but my voice isn't as high as micky fitz's
halo my middle, a hula hoop hug

hhbtmike

Post by hhbtmike » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:01

Tunabunny "Genius Fatigue" CD & LP pre-order is up as well as the Joanna Gruesome 7" pre-order. both items ship early November.