Bi-Joopiter

popbands, poplabels, poprecords

Moderator: shaved head thrills

myhairlooksflat
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/myhairlooksflat

Bi-Joopiter

Post by myhairlooksflat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 21:07

Hi. For those that are interested I have, with help from Crayola, just compiled and posted a Bi-Joopiter discography here
http://sotoughsocute.blogspot.com/2009/ ... raphy.html

If anyone has more info, scans or anything else to that they think should be on it please let me know and I'll add it

Cheers
//D

linus

Re: Bi-Joopiter

Post by linus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 21:20

that's beyond beautiful... so fucking awesome (I'm swearing for emphasis)

thank you

I'll scan the big paintings single for you, I have that and I'll attempt to scan the insert with the cut-up lp too (although it's bigger than my scanner)

there's a bumper mctells feature in my fanzine that's due out soon- there's interviews with the band, gillian, will from the big paintings (and a former mctell) and impressive valued contributions from everett true and crayola himself

this is has given my some impetus to get that done

if anyone has that dead eye video compilation please get it online NOW/SOON!

myhairlooksflat

Post by myhairlooksflat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 22:41

That's great! Scan it in two parts and I'll join them in photoshop. You can send it to daniel.novakovic[AT]gmail.com. I look forward to reading the interviews as well so give us a heads up when it's out

timahall
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/timahall

Post by timahall » Thu Nov 12, 2009 00:32

fogofideas wrote:if anyone has that dead eye video compilation please get it online NOW/SOON!
I have it on DVDr! Some dude copied it for me along w/ the Pastels' A Bit Of The Other and the Gimme Shelter comp years ago. I don't really like the Dead Eye comp besides the Heavenly vid, to be honest!

Anyway, if you want a copy, PM me and i'll try to sort something out :)

everard

Post by everard » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:03

i've got dead eye too, but no way of transferring it to dvd at the moment or i'd upload it to youtube.

myhairlooksflat, thanks very much for doing this!! -- since bi-joopiter.co.uk went up a couple of years ago i've looked at it every few months hoping for more information -- maybe your discography could go up there too.

here is the sleeve art for bi-joop 017 -- the pluralism d compilation -- as you don't seem to have it. i don't have a working scanner at the moment, so these are photos, but sufficiently good quality to use as thumbnail pics on the site, i would've thought:

the tape came with an insert, the flying girl postcard, and a large airmail sticker.

linus

Post by linus » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:06

I love that sindyarthur tape, I'd love to see that issued on cd (which perhaps goes against the grain somewhat)

I think mark and gina are doing some music together again

a bi-joopiter retrospective compilation would be beezer but I suspect that's never going to happen
everard wrote:since bi-joopiter.co.uk went up a couple of years ago i've looked at it every few months hoping for more information
I've been doing that too!

crystalball
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/felters

Post by crystalball » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19

This is ace, thanks Daniel!

If anyone's interested in the two Gilroy singles, I put them on my blog last year and here's the download link: http://www.box.net/shared/rv2k4oo84s (there was a zip file too but it seems to have disappeared - I might do that again at some point).

linus

Post by linus » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:24

'cut and run' is so goddamed jaunty

I might have to give that an airing on sunday

there wasn't much on bi-joopiter that didn't floor me, all the more incredible for me because it was all happening just up the road from where I grew up in hertford... that anything that vital and skill and beautiful should emerge from there at that time still manages to knock my socks clean off

myhairlooksflat

Post by myhairlooksflat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:58

everard wrote:i've got dead eye too, but no way of transferring it to dvd at the moment or i'd upload it to youtube.

myhairlooksflat, thanks very much for doing this!! -- since bi-joopiter.co.uk went up a couple of years ago i've looked at it every few months hoping for more information -- maybe your discography could go up there too.

here is the sleeve art for bi-joop 017 -- the pluralism d compilation -- as you don't seem to have it. i don't have a working scanner at the moment, so these are photos, but sufficiently good quality to use as thumbnail pics on the site, i would've thought:

the tape came with an insert, the flying girl postcard, and a large airmail sticker.
I got tired of waiting on that page to wake up so that's why I did this one
Thanks so much for this, I'll put them up later today. If you manage to scan them please send it over as well as the postcard and the other inserts. I really love the drawing they did for this and McTells other releases

everard

Post by everard » Thu Nov 12, 2009 15:08

myhairlooksflat wrote:I got tired of waiting on that page to wake up so that's why I did this one. Thanks so much for this, I'll put them up later today. If you manage to scan them please send it over as well as the postcard and the other inserts. I really love the drawing they did for this and McTells other releases
sure thing, i need to get the scanner situation sorted soon so once that's done i can do hi-res scans of all the component parts of the bi-joopiter stuff i've got. i know i have 008, 011, 017, 024, 025, 026, 029, 030 & DED01 (hooray for a record collection spreadsheet making this easy to find out) but i see you have good scans of part/all of some of those already.

the bi-joopiter release i really want is the bartlebees 7".

gofelt
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/bachelorkisses

Post by gofelt » Fri Nov 13, 2009 00:10

everard wrote:
myhairlooksflat wrote:I got tired of waiting on that page to wake up so that's why I did this one. Thanks so much for this, I'll put them up later today. If you manage to scan them please send it over as well as the postcard and the other inserts. I really love the drawing they did for this and McTells other releases
sure thing, i need to get the scanner situation sorted soon so once that's done i can do hi-res scans of all the component parts of the bi-joopiter stuff i've got. i know i have 008, 011, 017, 024, 025, 026, 029, 030 & DED01 (hooray for a record collection spreadsheet making this easy to find out) but i see you have good scans of part/all of some of those already.

the bi-joopiter release i really want is the bartlebees 7".
Oh yes!! There are no words to describe how stunning the packaging, the artwork and the sleeves of bi-joopiter are. Utterly PERFECT! The tracklists of What Feet and Pioneer cassettes are fantastic. I guess there is no chance that one can find them now, right?

Daniel,I want that bartlebees 7'' too. In fact I want everything Bartlebees have ever released. Oh and I didn't know the Cannanes had a 7" on bi-joopiter. Is Broken Bottles any good?
Last edited by gofelt on Fri Nov 13, 2009 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
I slice the surface here beside you/Lungs filled liquid yell I love you/Sound moves further underwater
Deep and dark my submarine bells groan in greens and grey/Mine would chime a thousand times/To make you feel okay..

linus

Post by linus » Fri Nov 13, 2009 00:19

I'm supposed to be doing a rip of that pioneer tape for crayola but I don't have the wherewithall right now

I wish I still had that 'what feet' compilation... sadly I lent it to a girl... a girl who said she loved me

you know how this ends, I'm sure

myhairlooksflat

Post by myhairlooksflat » Fri Nov 13, 2009 16:54

gofelt wrote:Oh yes!! There are no words to describe how stunning the packaging, the artwork and the sleeves of bi-joopiter are. Utterly PERFECT! The tracklists of What Feet and Pioneer cassettes are fantastic. I guess there is no chance that one can find them now, right?

Daniel,I want that bartlebees 7'' too. In fact I want everything Bartlebees have ever released. Oh and I didn't know the Cannanes had a 7" on bi-joopiter. Is Broken Bottles any good?
The little totebag that the Twins & Rig Veeda is particulary cool!

myhairlooksflat

Post by myhairlooksflat » Tue Nov 17, 2009 18:30

Ok, I've done some updates but some things are still missing

Does anybody know which record Bi-Joop 022 could be?
Also can somebody help with the catalouge numbers on:
Bartlebees - Girl Of A 1000 Dreams 7"
The Twins & Rig Veeda - Boy Saves Hedgehog Cassette
One of them is probably 022.

And has anyone even heard of One Blows - Continental Gateau? The is absolutely no info except that it's listed on an insert

everard

Post by everard » Wed Dec 23, 2009 01:08

myhairlooksflat wrote: Does anybody know which record Bi-Joop 022 could be?
Also can somebody help with the catalouge numbers on:
Bartlebees - Girl Of A 1000 Dreams 7"
The Twins & Rig Veeda - Boy Saves Hedgehog Cassette
One of them is probably 022.
according to the insert of the mctells' cut up lp, 022 is none of the above, it's:
gertie bauer und die jungs gertie bauer is good for you C30
"a special surprise from germany. are they serious ... is this swell maps on holiday. play loud & join in"

should really have looked at that sooner. but i picked up a spare copy of it yesterday so i thought i'd check. the price of the copy in the greenwich exchange shop had been gradually creeping down from an ambitious £9 to a frankly insulting £1, so it seemed time to rescue it from the fate of hitting the bargain basement. if there's anyone who collects or likes bi-joopiter stuff i'd be happy to pass it on for free. myhairlooksflat should have first dibs, i guess.
gofelt wrote:Daniel,I want that bartlebees 7'' too. In fact I want everything Bartlebees have ever released. Oh and I didn't know the Cannanes had a 7" on bi-joopiter. Is Broken Bottles any good?
confusing in this thread, multiple daniels. yes, "broken bottles" is really good. but it's also on the caveat emptor album which you may have, where it's just called "bottles". and little teddy definitely need to put out a bartlebees singles compilation.

another curio is that there seem to be two sleeve versions of the beat happening 7" -- in addition to the blue & red one of the squid or octopus or whatever it is there's a black & white one of some stone figures. i don't think it's a split label release but perhaps bi-joopiter mailed band copies over to olympia before they'd screened the sleeves, in which case b.h. would've had to do a short run of their own design? i have that design on a t-shirt i got from k.

myhairlooksflat

Post by myhairlooksflat » Fri Dec 25, 2009 09:27

everard wrote:according to the insert of the mctells' cut up lp, 022 is none of the above, it's:
gertie bauer und die jungs gertie bauer is good for you C30
"a special surprise from germany. are they serious ... is this swell maps on holiday. play loud & join in"

should really have looked at that sooner. but i picked up a spare copy of it yesterday so i thought i'd check. the price of the copy in the greenwich exchange shop had been gradually creeping down from an ambitious £9 to a frankly insulting £1, so it seemed time to rescue it from the fate of hitting the bargain basement. if there's anyone who collects or likes bi-joopiter stuff i'd be happy to pass it on for free. myhairlooksflat should have first dibs, i guess.

another curio is that there seem to be two sleeve versions of the beat happening 7" -- in addition to the blue & red one of the squid or octopus or whatever it is there's a black & white one of some stone figures. i don't think it's a split label release but perhaps bi-joopiter mailed band copies over to olympia before they'd screened the sleeves, in which case b.h. would've had to do a short run of their own design? i have that design on a t-shirt i got from k.
Hurray! Thanks a bunch! I'll update the discography after christmas. Sadly my copy of Cut Up doesn't have the insert. I would love that record as well and I'll PM you my address. You don't happen t have an image of the alternate cover for the BH 7"?

everard

Post by everard » Sat Mar 13, 2010 21:53

myhairlooksflat wrote:You don't happen t have an image of the alternate cover for the BH 7"?
it's something like this (the image is of my t-shirt & i've got a feeling the record sleeve maybe only has part of this design -- definitely the figure at the top, anyway):

also:

i bought this for a couple of quid years back at vinyl in tokyo. initially assumed it was a home-made tape version of what happens next (vinyl japan, '94) -- the shop’s owned/run by the label -- but found that although the artwork’s similar (glued onto a regular tdk j-card) the tape itself is marked 'demos for new songs' & began life as a pete towshend cassette single before being given a higher purpose. later worked out that they're demos of songs for the smash up lp (little teddy, '94). i ripped it today as i thought people might like it.

download (fixed version -- don't download it via the link trev's quoted below, that one had a corrupt file in it for some reason).
Last edited by everard on Sat Mar 13, 2010 23:51, edited 2 times in total.

Trev
Last.fm: lostmusic

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 13, 2010 21:55

everard wrote:i ripped it today as i thought people might like it. [ download ]
ooooh, thanks.
not really here

myhairlooksflat

Post by myhairlooksflat » Sat Mar 13, 2010 22:13

Nice! I'll put it up on the blog when my server starts cooperating again