Happy Christmas Indiepoppers!

popbands, poplabels, poprecords

Moderator: shaved head thrills

ketameaningless
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/music/The+whatevers

Happy Christmas Indiepoppers!

Post by ketameaningless » Fri Dec 23, 2016 16:05

I the great Mike Relton have dropped a fat Christmas beat!

It is about the Baby Jesus bringing down the major labels.

It is called 'bring down the major labels'

and you can buy it here!

https://itsmf.bandcamp.com/track/bring- ... jor-labels

Bring Down The Major Labels for xmas number one!
YEAH NOW I'M GONNA FUCK THA LOCH NESS MONSTA!

ketameaningless

Re: Happy Christmas Indiepoppers!

Post by ketameaningless » Sat Dec 24, 2016 05:00

also, despite your continuin ignorance, which I neither respect nor give a fuck about, I have decided to make you xmas number one.
Everybody in the world can be Christmas number one at the same time if enough people join in with this!

What you need to do is download the beat for free, then, live, sing the following words.

Party People Just Movin' shakin' disco breakin' arms in the air wavin' money makin' it's that new thing. We love it when we see the party people just movin!

Sing them once, at any point that strikes you as funky, using any tune or sound you can hear in your head and make come out of your mouth or anything else. Like me you will be chart inelligable, however you spell that word, for reasons too complex to understand, but you were Christmas number one if you feel like you were, and today for one day only YOU are the best at pop music instead of me.

Then place the beat into Audacity and cut it off after one minute and fifty seconds ish, just after the 1.2.3, and try and get paid for selling it.

Happy Christmas everyone!

Feel free to change the cover art, the lyrics and the instructions. Especially you, Gary Kasparov.
If you're bothered about crediting your collaboraters the producer was Mike Relton, or you, or who or whatever you feel produced the Christmas number one, depending how closely you followed the instructions, and the people whose beats we nicked were The Beastie Boys, Fred Wesley and The JB's and The Boo Radleys.

For my money this project should stretch to the end of time, and not end when Christmas TOTP was filmed, several months ago probably, so retroactively, it is definitely gonna work, and if you forget to have it done by half 2 the day after tomorroe, it still happened.
Really you don't even need to bother doing it or even know about it, you were still xmas number one in my eyes.
Illegal downloading is wrong and should be punished by execution so IMO everyone in the world now owed everyone else a pound.

ketameaningless

Re: Happy Christmas Indiepoppers!

Post by ketameaningless » Sat Dec 24, 2016 05:08

as an alternative, and I absolutely promise this is the last time I will ever speak publicly or even use your internet, if Stevie Wonder and Roger Federer are reading the forum, can I make a suggestion?
You two should do a musical experimental performance on Christmas Day and call it 'Towards A Working Definition Of Fucking Awesome'.

Towards A Working Definition Of Fucking Awesome

Whatevers French For 'Instructions'

Whatever Sonic Youth Want To Call Part 1. Mr Wonder performs a half hour set of some of his many unstoppable top pop hits in a particularly stylish and colourful hat, while, from the crowd Mr Federer attempts to knock the hat off his head by hitting tennis balls at him.

Whatevers German For 'Part 2'
Mr Wonder hurls pianos from a crane at a blindfolded Mr Federer in a silent and appropriate arena, trying to beat him at tennis.If Mr Wonder can strike Mr Federer, but Mr Federer is capable of continuing they proceed to the final stage of the awesome, as Mr Wonder attempts to beat a presumably injured Mr Federer at tennis while they duet on 'Ebony And Ivory'.