Joyce Sims

everything else

Moderator: Paquito

tonieee
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee

Joyce Sims

Post by tonieee » Sun May 14, 2017 12:19 am

I really love Joyce Sims to bits but I've not even thought about her for years but due to a reorganization of my record collection because of buying new shelves I came across my Joyce Sims records the other day. This morning I was wondering what she's up to now and looked her up on t'net and found out she's doing a 30th anniversary UK tour. This evening I mentioned this to Jo and it turns out she's a big fan too (we've only been married nineteen years so not much opportunity for the subject to come up) so we're deffo going to see her - it'll be ace!

linus

Re: Joyce Sims

Post by linus » Sun May 14, 2017 11:52 am

No arguments from me

She was on Sleeping Bag records, recorded with Kurtis Mantronik and made more killer records than most

tonieee
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee

Re: Joyce Sims

Post by tonieee » Sun May 14, 2017 12:44 pm

linus wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 11:52 am
She was on Sleeping Bag records,
I was going to say that all my records are on London/FFRR but when I checked it does say Sleeping Bag Records on them - it looks like London did the UK releases.
linus wrote:
recorded with Kurtis Mantronik
Someone else I used to like but haven't listened to in years! Unfortunately I bought the album on tape for some reason but I do have a couple of singles I might give a listen too...
linus wrote:
and made more killer records than most
I've got the first lp, most of the singles from it and one single from the second lp and they're all great. I'm going to see if I can track down a copy of the second lp. Plus she's done another two albums in the 21st century which hopefully will be good too.