Has anyone seen my records?

Ah, memories...
Uncle Ants

Has anyone seen my records?

Post by Uncle Ants » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:40 pm

I had a box of old singles that were behind the merchandise stall. I'm hoping someone has put them somewhere safe. Nothing valuable in there, but I'm in big trouble because Paula's copy of Boots which she's had since she was 5 or something was in there.

If anyone knows of their whereabouts can you PM me.

ta.

PS. A terrific weekend. Thanks to everyone responsible ... or even irresponsible :)
In Recordeo Speramus

ian
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Re: Has anyone seen my records?

Post by ian » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 pm

Don't worry! John Jervis has them. He thought they were mine but I ruefully had to admit they weren't. There's some amazing sevens in that box!

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:57 pm

ian wrote:Don't worry! John Jervis has them. He thought they were mine but I ruefully had to admit they weren't. There's some amazing sevens in that box!
Phew. Thanks for letting me know. Paula is very relieved. Do you have John's contact details?
In Recordeo Speramus

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Thanks for that. It would have been a shame to have lost them and my name would be mud.
In Recordeo Speramus

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:03 am

All sorted now :) John Jervis had them and has sent them back to me with the added bonus of a bunch of wiaiwya sevens as well. Including an A-Lines/Miss Mary split single. Wooohoooo.

What a Gent.
In Recordeo Speramus

tonieee
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tonieee

Post by tonieee » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:45 pm

I'm so pleased she got them back. She looked very upset on Monday morning when she was telling me about it. Can you pass on a message to Paula a from Jo "I'm really glad that you got the records back again because it wasn't nice to see you looking so sad. All smiles again x"

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:44 pm

tonieee wrote:I'm so pleased she got them back. She looked very upset on Monday morning when she was telling me about it. Can you pass on a message to Paula a from Jo "I'm really glad that you got the records back again because it wasn't nice to see you looking so sad. All smiles again x"
I have passed the message on and she is considerably happier :) Thank you Jo. She may even drop by here. She keeps threatening, but I think she's a bit shy.
In Recordeo Speramus

mimpkin
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mimpers

Post by mimpkin » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:44 pm

Well I've shyly sloped in to say hullo!

After such a wonderful weekend at Indietracks last week I was miserable going back to the real world and the missing singles didn't help. (Although really I knew someone had them safe I had a feeling it might be Ian!) I'm so glad I have them back. Thank you so much John and Ian. They were the singles I used to play as a kid on a big old stereogram thingy, so they have great sentimental value. Tonieee, please let Jo know I am smiling again, I'm just still wishing we could all go back to Indietracks and do it all again (this time you'd play 'Muffin' though) - looking forward to Christmas Twee, Dec 6 is it? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
totally wicked and equally ace

ian

Post by ian » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:32 pm

Glad it all turned out OK in the end! John is officially the nicest man in indie pop!

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:49 pm

ian wrote:Glad it all turned out OK in the end! John is officially the nicest man in indie pop!
He is, definitely, It's official. He wouldn't even take the price of postage. Just a request for a comp of the singles in the box, which I did over the weekend and will be winging its way to him as soon as I can find me pen for writing on CDs with. And he sent us free singles as well :)

PS Miss Mary !!!! We like her :)
In Recordeo Speramus

ian

Post by ian » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:48 am

Uncle Ants wrote:
ian wrote: Just a request for a comp of the singles in the box, which I did over the weekend and will be winging its way to him as soon as I can find me pen for writing on CDs with.
Oooh! Oooh! I'm bouncing with "me too please!" excitement here. Any chance I could get a copy of that too please? Me and John were drooling over the singles in the early hours of Sunday night/Monday morning.

Uncle Ants

Post by Uncle Ants » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:58 am

ian wrote: Oooh! Oooh! I'm bouncing with "me too please!" excitement here. Any chance I could get a copy of that too please? Me and John were drooling over the singles in the early hours of Sunday night/Monday morning.
Yeah, no worries. PM me your address.
In Recordeo Speramus

mimpkin
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mimpers

Post by mimpkin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:12 pm

Its ever so nice to hear you two liked the singles too! I'll expect to hear some of them next time we are back down there for Indiepop dancing then.
totally wicked and equally ace