Things I am listening to now then

chunter on randomly
Linz
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 19:49

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by Linz » Fri Mar 06, 2009 07:43

alex_cornetto wrote:Camera Obscura "French Navy"

It's growing on me...

I can't get it out of my head!


User avatar
timahall
Posts: 1154
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 18:43
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/timahall
Location: Belfast
Contact:

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by timahall » Mon Mar 09, 2009 00:29

alex_cornetto wrote:Camera Obscura "French Navy"

It's growing on me...
It's really quite great, isn't it? No Lloyd... but still lovely.

I've developed quite a Kenickie obsession this weekend. I'm especially addicted to their version of Save All Your Kisses For Me (think I mentioned this in another thread).

Linz
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 19:49

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by Linz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:19

The Lucksmiths

Ive developed a really deep love for his voice!

User avatar
humblebee
Posts: 10543
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 16:33
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/atomicbeatboy
Location: Sheffields
Contact:

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by humblebee » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:59

The Raveonettes, Lust Lust Lust

The first time I heard it was at outcognito's house, so it reminds me of Stoke! popshows and going back to his and kipping on the floor and crystalball nearly missing the coach back home and everything.

User avatar
La-Di-Da
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:10
Location: The 'Shire

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by La-Di-Da » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:27

VV Brown - Crying Blood



It's great for bedroom dancing!

User avatar
aorta
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 22:37
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: Balamory

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by aorta » Tue Mar 10, 2009 02:20

Oasis - Falling Down (A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Mix)
IT狂人
if i could change your mind, i'd really love to break your heart

User avatar
kingofpartick
Posts: 631
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 17:26
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/
Location: Glasgow

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by kingofpartick » Tue Mar 10, 2009 09:55

Linz wrote:Useless - Trash Can Sinatras (Cake is an album to die for!!!!!)
it really is.

i think their first three are albums are finally getting re-issued soon, along with the new album
I remember when all this was fields

anders

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by anders » Tue Mar 10, 2009 09:57

Image

User avatar
alex_cornetto
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:16
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/wizzy_w
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by alex_cornetto » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:05

Morrissey "Roy's Keen"

I've listened to Maladjusted about three times in the past couple of days. I've owned it for about a year and a half and it's the most I've listened to it since I bought it. Maybe it's a subconscious reaction to the remaster/reissue they're putting out, which takes this song and "Papa Jack" off the tracklist, and adds a bunch of previously-available b-sides...

Linz
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 19:49

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by Linz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:27

Cinerama - The Peel sessions

Linz
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 19:49

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by Linz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:29

kingofpartick wrote:
Linz wrote:Useless - Trash Can Sinatras (Cake is an album to die for!!!!!)
it really is.

i think their first three are albums are finally getting re-issued soon, along with the new album

A Happy Pocket is kinda growing on me now as well

SophieC
Posts: 3979
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 19:36
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/jamiec
Location: bumtown

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by SophieC » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:58

alex_cornetto wrote:Morrissey "Roy's Keen"

I've listened to Maladjusted about three times in the past couple of days. I've owned it for about a year and a half and it's the most I've listened to it since I bought it. Maybe it's a subconscious reaction to the remaster/reissue they're putting out, which takes this song and "Papa Jack" off the tracklist, and adds a bunch of previously-available b-sides...
this is the first i've heard of this. why? why would they do that? take album tracks OFF an album for a rerelease? it's mentalist revisionism. papa jack is pretty bad but roy's keen is one of the best things on that shoddy album. and it's a song about shagging Roy Keane, as far as i can make out. something the world definitely needs more of.
When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called 'the People's Stick.'

User avatar
alex_cornetto
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:16
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/wizzy_w
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by alex_cornetto » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:04

JamieC wrote:
alex_cornetto wrote:Morrissey "Roy's Keen"

I've listened to Maladjusted about three times in the past couple of days. I've owned it for about a year and a half and it's the most I've listened to it since I bought it. Maybe it's a subconscious reaction to the remaster/reissue they're putting out, which takes this song and "Papa Jack" off the tracklist, and adds a bunch of previously-available b-sides...
this is the first i've heard of this. why? why would they do that? take album tracks OFF an album for a rerelease? it's mentalist revisionism. papa jack is pretty bad but roy's keen is one of the best things on that shoddy album. and it's a song about shagging Roy Keane, as far as i can make out. something the world definitely needs more of.
Here's the tracklist:

1. Maladjusted
2. Ambitious Outsiders
3. Trouble Loves Me
4. Lost
5. He Cried
6. Alma Matters
7. Heir Apparent
8. Ammunition
9. The Edges Are No Longer Parallel
10. This Is Not Your Country
11. Wide to Receive
12. I Can Have Both
13. Now I Am a Was
14. Satan Rejected My Soul
15. Sorrow Will Come in the End

Load of jobbies.

linus

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by linus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:07

JamieC wrote:why? why would they do that? take album tracks OFF an album for a rerelease? it's mentalist revisionism.
didn't they do that with the lemonheads 'it's a shame about ray' album? took off a song and stuck on that dreadful 'mrs robinson' cover?

I've been convinced they took a song off, sadly I don't have my original copy anymore

never lend stuff

User avatar
Paquito
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 00:15
Location: Embra
Contact:

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by Paquito » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:21

T'internet sez that "My Drug Buddy" was renamed to "Buddy" and "Mrs Robinson" added to the re-release. No songs were taken off.
They don't call me Hawkeye Gilhooley... at all

User avatar
tubby
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 18:31

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by tubby » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:05

Urusei Yatsura - Phasers On Stun
This is bad comedy.

User avatar
alex_cornetto
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:16
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/wizzy_w
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by alex_cornetto » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:17

The Go-Betweens "Rock and Roll Friend"

Mmm...how was this only a b-side?

User avatar
mimpkin
Posts: 860
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 15:15
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/mimpers

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by mimpkin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 16:22

The Ballad of El Goodo – Big Star

I'd forgotten how much I love Big Star!
totally wicked and equally ace

linus

Re: Things I am listening to now then

Post by linus » Wed Mar 11, 2009 16:25

I really wish I was listening to some big star

let's all start a big star revival

can 5 people listening to a band count as a revival?

hell yes!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest