Spectacles

fashion and glamour for the anorak about town

Moderator: let it ride

Sootyzilla
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/sootyzilla

Re: Spectacles

Post by Sootyzilla » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:04 pm

that's how executives at Sony and EMI refer to the bands that record for them.
As wrong as it was to do,
Those eyes were made to look into.

Miss 9
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by Miss 9 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:48 pm

Marc Jacobs is all kinds of rainbows and sunshine. I was just telling someone today that I'd rather do without dozens of nail polishes and cheap lipsticks or shitty ugly purses and save my money to spend on nice designer items I actually want and will last for years.
Q: I know you are, but what am I?
A: A garbage man.

let it ride
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/

Post by let it ride » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Miss 9 wrote:Marc Jacobs is all kinds of rainbows and sunshine. I was just telling someone today that I'd rather do without dozens of nail polishes and cheap lipsticks or shitty ugly purses and save my money to spend on nice designer items I actually want and will last for years.
I only want it in theory but can't do it, so I end up buying really random items from nicer labels, but not clothes. Not using leather products kind of limits designer accessory purchases, I think I'd quite love a Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu or Mulberry bag otherwise.
clear eyes full hearts can't lose

alexie
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/alexiespecks

Post by alexie » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:54 am

Miss 9 wrote:Marc Jacobs is all kinds of rainbows and sunshine. I was just telling someone today that I'd rather do without dozens of nail polishes and cheap lipsticks or shitty ugly purses and save my money to spend on nice designer items I actually want and will last for years.
If I could, I would buy so much Marc by Marc Jacobs. Every piece of his last collection was divine - I particularly wanted this dress, but given I live in a place where the winter days hit 20 degrees, I can't really justify buying a cashmere dress:

It's all on sale over at Net-A-Porter too. Sigh. For now, I will have to make do with my lovely navy blue Marc by Marc Jacobs wallet, in the softest leather imaginable, and the little heart shaped mirror compact which every girl should own, because it's the cheapest thing you can buy in the Marc Jacobs store!
you're just too obscure for me

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:40 pm

I carn't wait to cash in my prescription for some specs, I think finally I might start feeling like a complete person rather than the waxy smear on the lens of life that I feel like I am for about always

even if I just feel like a four-eyed waxy smear I'll feel a bit better about myself

oh yeh, glasses = good

alongwalkhome

Post by alongwalkhome » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:43 pm

I half-wish I needed glasses so I could really carry off the sexy librarian look. My genetics tell me I will be eagle-eyed 'til about 45. Precisely the time at which everything on my body will have slipped to about an inch from the ground and the specs will be for naught.

I hear they're a pain to keep up your nose and keep clean and that though so I guess I'm lucky.

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:15 pm

alongwalkhome wrote:I hear they're a pain to keep up your nose and keep clean and that though so I guess I'm lucky.
just like testicles

alongwalkhome

Post by alongwalkhome » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:14 pm

linus wrote: just like testicles
And 45-year old boobs. I'll be looking back wistfully at the 38-year olds' club by then.

linus

Post by linus » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:39 pm

I have some 45-year old boobs laid down in my cellar

yubo

Post by yubo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:37 pm

alongwalkhome wrote:My genetics tell me I will be eagle-eyed 'til about 45.
you're so lucky. I wish I had natural perfect vision.
Instead, yesterday I went to the eye glass store to buy a six month supply of disposable contacts and came out with my third pair of eye glasses and only a one month supply of lenses. Today I'm starting to regret it. They're not as pretty as I first thought. I should have done the walk away test but being in a different city/country made it difficult. More like walking away and less like a test.

Does anyone else own three pairs of glasses? Or even more than one? How many?
Butt.

bluespring

Post by bluespring » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:19 am

i own 3 cheap ones, 1 decent one, and i want 2 more glasses from oliver's people or dita. grrrr money probs. damn america!

Caroline74

Post by Caroline74 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Maui jims or Serengetis are the rolls royce of sunglasses. Raybans are great too. Some styles aren't suitable for prescription sunglasses 9if there's to much bend in the lens etc)
Not only can you look fantastically glamorous but they help protect you from cataracts and Macular degeneration and stop you screwing up those eyes thus reducing wrinkles ;)